• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

st1995

Just recieved an email confirming I was successful at my DMI on 6th March and I am now in the talent pool. I am absolutely buzzing. Euston applicant here. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting.
Congratulations! I got my email to say i was successful too :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

r8k

Just recieved an email confirming I was successful at my DMI on 6th March and I am now in the talent pool. I am absolutely buzzing. Euston applicant here. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting.
Well done

Lucy

Hey guys, just got my DMI interview date via email. Sat my CBI early December. The email did not end up in my junk/spam folder this time. Fingers crossed they work through those of you awaiting dates soon as well.
Thank you for updating. Keeping my fingers crossed mine will come soon!

Good luck!!!!!!

Sawasdee

Received the news earlier that pending passing a medical, I’ll be starting my training at the end of May. I’m absolutely over the moon and can’t wait to get started!
How soon do they book you in for a medical after giving you a course date?

r8k

No course date as of yet. My last email stated we would get dates once all 8nterviews have been completed

Sawasdee

Has anyone else in the pool in this forum received a course date or is MatthewLdn going alone? o_Oo_O
Unless there are others that aren’t on this forum.
I heard they only run 2 courses at any one time in Crewe so the next course announced will likely be Glasgow.

Ex2215

Has anyone else in the pool in this forum received a course date or is MatthewLdn going alone? o_Oo_O
Someone else got a date for April. Think they're all Euston by the sounds of it.

You'd think if someone from this recruitment drive got onto the April course with candidates from the previous recruitment drive, and MatthewLdn is on the May course, then if they're doing it in order of recruitment, then you'd think more people from this drive will be added to the May course (Unless there are still candidates for depots other than Euston in the talent bank from the previous recruitment drive)

Anyway I'm going to give up speculating now and just wait for the call :lol:

Lucy

Someone else got a date for April. Think they're all Euston by the sounds of it.

You'd think if someone from this recruitment drive got onto the April course with candidates from the previous recruitment drive, and MatthewLdn is on the May course, then if they're doing it in order of recruitment, then you'd think more people from this drive will be added to the May course (Unless there are still candidates for depots other than Euston in the talent bank from the previous recruitment drive)

Anyway I'm going to give up speculating now and just wait for the call :lol:

At this point I just want a date for my interview *cries* if they call you can you ask them nicely to send me a date :lol:

Hinata Shoyo

I received a call on Monday telling me I'll be on the May course but I'm yet to receive an email with any details for it.

I got the impression they were going to be making more calls to other people in regards to start dates but I have no idea if that is with people from this recruitment drive or the previous one.

Hopefully some more of us hear soon

Ex2215

At this point I just want a date for my interview *cries* if they call you can you ask them nicely to send me a date :lol:
:lol: Surely it can't be too much longer. just look at it as more prep time

I received a call on Monday telling me I'll be on the May course but I'm yet to receive an email with any details for it.

I got the impression they were going to be making more calls to other people in regards to start dates but I have no idea if that is with people from this recruitment drive or the previous one.

Hopefully some more of us hear soon
That's great!! Congrats!! Which depot are you?

st1995

Wow congrats I’m still at the very beginning of my journey. Any advice and tips you can share for passing DMI?

Well done man any advice and tips you can share?
Thank you, when you get the email to say when your DMI date is it actually includes 3 of the questions that they will ask you, so you wont go in completely blind. Just do lots of research and revision around those questions and you should be fine

Gemc23

There are only 8 of us but that's a big enough group tbh. Some from this recruitment drive some from the talent bank, mixture of depots.

Akeem20

Thank you, when you get the email to say when your DMI date is it actually includes 3 of the questions that they will ask you, so you wont go in completely blind. Just do lots of research and revision around those questions and you should be fine
Is there a certain way to answer the question for expample the star technique?

How long does it take to get a response from OPC to see whether you’ve passed the first stage of the on-line tests? Deadline was a couple days ago but still haven’t heard back

JGB3

Is there a certain way to answer the question for expample the star technique?

How long does it take to get a response from OPC to see whether you’ve passed the first stage of the on-line tests? Deadline was a couple days ago but still haven’t heard back
This thread is aimed more at the October intake, it will be more helpful for you to keep up to date with this thread

Sawasdee

Wow congrats I’m still at the very beginning of my journey. Any advice and tips you can share for passing DMI?

Well done man any advice and tips you can share?
If you're at the beginning of your journey, I'd recommend for now just concentrating on stages 1-5 and not the DMI. If you don't make it to the DMI you'll probably be more disappointed if you've spent a lot of your time focussing on that this early on. If you do make it to the DMI you'll have plenty of time to prepare for it. Some people from the October recruitment drive have been waiting for a DMI date since December.

If it's still interview prep you really want to focus on though, then maybe the CBI would be a better idea. This interview comes before the DMI and seems to have a higher failure rate.

Akeem20

This thread is aimed more at the October intake, it will be more helpful for you to keep up to date with this thread

Ok thanks very much