• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Traksy Website

jamess

Hi,

Great to see that Traksy has been updated following the resignalling of New Street over Christmas.

As someone who travels regularly, this site is a very useful tool to have on my phone.

I live close to Manchester and regularly travel east from Victoria. Since Baguley Fold Jcn has been resignalled, the data here does not show correctly and trains go missing for a couple of berths. If the site owner is on here, could this be updated please?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

takno

Established Member
Thanks for pointing it out - it's fixed now. I've been a bit distracted this year so some of the smaller projects have slipped through the net

jamess

Thanks for pointing it out - it's fixed now. I've been a bit distracted this year so some of the smaller projects have slipped through the net
Please ignore the PM I have just sent.

thanks for this

Hi Takno

Followed my train the wholeway to York this morning, so all is working well!

Could you also look at the berth for platform two at Micklefield. It seems to display C075 until a train drops in it. It then displays the trains Headcode and C075.....

Thanks

Last edited:

sjpowermac

Established Member
Just to add my own vote of thanks for your amazing website, absolutely brilliant.

greaterwest

Established Member
Yes, +1, Traksy is one of the most comprehensive sites I've come across.

Would it be possible to look at fixing double berths on Firefox? When two headcodes appear, they are overlaid instead of one above the other.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean:
traksyberths.png

ABB125

Established Member
Seeing as this thread has been made, I might as well mention that Pollokshields East has an island platform, rather than two side platforms as shown on Traksy. This is the only error I can recall spotting on the site, which shows how good it is!

Elecman

Established Member
@takno The map of Preston Station isn’t correct as there are no through lines behind the parcels platform just the platform face and 2 more sidings

Railsigns

Established Member
A few comments from me:

Kintore station has been open for two years but is still showing as "Planned".

"Dunfermline Town" needs updating to "Dunfermline City".

Bellgrove station should have an island platform.

Balloch, Falls of Cruachan, and Gorebridge station platforms are shown on wrong side of railway.

"Merryton Loop" (Larkhall branch) should read "Allanton Loop".

Last edited:

rick pike

Hello firstly I'd like to echo what others have said in that traksy is a great resource to the hobby.
When looking on the site I see there is a middle road showing on the Cleethorpes diagram between platforms 1 and 2 which does not exist, there is however a cross between them though. Is it possible to amend the diagram and also add the spur to the fuel and washer Road? Thanks and keep up the good work.

MadMac

A few comments from me:

Kintore station has been open for two years but is still showing as "Planned".

"Dunfermline Town" needs updating to "Dunfermline City".

Bellgrove station should have an island platform.

Balloch, Falls of Cruachan, and Gorebridge station platforms are shown on wrong side of railway.

"Merryton Loop" (Larkhall branch) should read "Allanton Loop".
Adding to this Scottish summary, Innerwick (between Dunbar and Berwick-upon-Tweed) isn’t a GSP and hasn’t been since 1987. I was the designer…..

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Also, the platform numbers at Newton for Hyde, Godley and Guide Bridge are the wrong way round :)

Neo9320

A lot of these seem to be cosmetic issues that only diehards of this forum would notice.

I would suggest (as @takno says he’s been rather busy) to maybe keep any ‘issues’ on a thread like this to functionality issues such as ‘x doesn’t show up’ rather than ‘this is wrong’

It’s an amazing free resource, and I’m sure, like everyone else @takno’s time is valuable, and can be much better utilised fixing bugs rather than spelling mistakes and the like.

Keep up the great work @takno

jfollows

Established Member
In the past I have sent minor corrections by email to [email protected] and they've been acknowledged and implemented in due course.
In contrast I have sent observations to Open Train Times of map errors and, apart from an automated response, not received anything further and nothing has happened.

Last edited:

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Traksy really is ideal for checking whether that train you're supposed to be changing onto, is where it's supposed to be !

bengley

Established Member
@takno Hi mate - love the site. The only gripe I have with it now is the fact that freight headcodes are still scrambled - other websites have changed this now, do you have any plans to do so?

Cheers

bengley

Established Member
I'm not familiar with the area myself. Is it by any chance absolute block signalling? Ie not track circuit block?
It's TCB all the way from Micklefield Junction now, has been for a few years.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Is there a reason Hull is omitted from Traksy, are there any plans to include it?
I don't think there's the requisite train describer data in the feed.

Freightmaster

Established Member
It's TCB all the way from Micklefield Junction now, has been for a few years.
Unfortunately, not all boxes controlling colour light/TCB/RETB signalling areas are equipped
with Train Describer equipment (or a rudimentary Train Describer exists for local use, but is
not connected to the outside world).

Examples I can think of off the top of my head include:
- Hull (as mentioned above)
- Perth
- Aberdeen
- Inverness station area
- Far North/Kyle lines (supposed to getting an external data feed in Spring 2023)
- West Highland Line
- Dumfries
- Kilmarnock
- Hereford
- Llandudno Junction
- Penzance

...but I'm sure there must be others too?

MARK

Last edited:

Steve Harris

A lot of these seem to be cosmetic issues that only diehards of this forum would notice.

I would suggest (as @takno says he’s been rather busy) to maybe keep any ‘issues’ on a thread like this to functionality issues such as ‘x doesn’t show up’ rather than ‘this is wrong’

It’s an amazing free resource, and I’m sure, like everyone else @takno’s time is valuable, and can be much better utilised fixing bugs rather than spelling mistakes and the like.

Keep up the great work @takno
I kind off agree with you, but.. A few years ago I emailed takno about the platforms at my station being numbered incorrectly. After a few email exchanges takno updated the site. Which is a great resource and covers a larger area than other sites which do the same thing.

Unfortunately as it covers so much of the country that means it's more of a job to keep it up to date !

For instance, over Xmas you had the Birmingham New Street work and London Victoria recontrol work. That's 2 projects that 1 guy has to go through and update the website for, and going off another thread on here, he had to decipher the data, as Network Rail doesn't give him drawings of the work being carried out !!

I did send takno a email earlier this month pointing out an error on traksy along with attachments (google aerial view of track and a screenshot of traksy). I really do suggest people do the same and give the guy as much info as possible so he doesn't have to spend time cross referring etc.

In time I'm sure he will work through your emails and update the site accordingly but in the meantime we just need to be patient, as Neo9320 says, "takno’s time is valuable" so we need to let him complete all the functionality work first.

In the past I have sent minor corrections by email to [email protected] and they've been acknowledged and implemented in due course.
In contrast I have sent observations to Open Train Times of map errors and, apart from an automated response, not received anything further and nothing has happened.
Indeed. Other than OTT did get updated when I pointed out an error.

I must admit that takno is very approachable unlike OTT but that's probably because it's a one man band operation.

Last edited:

takno

Established Member
Thanks for all the feedback folks. I'll put the cosmetic stuff on a list - it's sometimes nice to spend a day going through it but it's definitely top priority.

I quite like deleting lines which have disappeared like at Preston, just because it ends up looking cleaner. I was perhaps a tiny bit less sentimental about Old Oak Common closing than others because it cut out about a page of weird junctions and difficult to validate signals!

There's some odd ones like Innerwick where I think the schedule file still reports that as the name which may not get fixed, although after 35 years it probably should be.

As others have mentioned, Hull and most of Scotland above the central belt is missing from the data feeds, so there's limited use drawing the maps. At some point I might investigate whether there are more timely GPS updates coming through the National Rail feed which I can make use in those areas, but it's a solid year out as things stand .

On the subject of Victoria, I've done the Kent describer, but I'm not sure what's happening on the Central side, so any information is welcome.

Freightmaster

Established Member
There's some odd ones like Innerwick where I think the schedule file still reports that as the name which may not get fixed...
Correct - the 'official' location name has never been changed and is still in use today:

On the subject of Victoria, I've done the Kent describer, but I'm not sure what's happening on the Central side
Victoria to Balham and the West London Line come under the new XA Train Describer from next week

All lines radiating from Sutton, including Streatham via both Wimbledon and Mitcham come under XB,
as does the Streatham North Junction/Streatham Common/Norbury section of the Brighton Main Line.

Interestingly, the old X5/X6 Train Describers were decommissioned before Christmas, so trains running
in the area this week are unable to report between Cheam and Streatham on TRUST:

, so any information is welcome.
Feel free to PM me with any specific questions, but I won't know exactly what is happening until
the new TDs are up and running next week and data starts flowing!

MARK

takno

Established Member
Victoria to Balham and the West London Line come under the new XA Train Describer from next week

All lines radiating from Sutton, including Streatham via both Wimbledon and Mitcham come under XB,
as does the Streatham North Junction/Streatham Common/Norbury section of the Brighton Main Line.

Interestingly, the old X5/X6 Train Describers were decommissioned before Christmas, so trains running
in the area this week are unable to report between Cheam and Streatham on TRUST:

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions, but I won't know exactly what is happening until
the new TDs are up and running next week and data starts flowing!
Thanks Mark. I'm back to the day job by the time things start running again, but hopefully most of it is just a recontrol, which I can buzz through in an hour or so. I think it affects at least 6 maps though - there's always a bit of a mopping up operation with any changes to Clapham Junction.

Chucky

Traksy is fantastic. A really useful resource. Thankyou for creating it and keeping it going.

Poggs

I'm sorry you've not had your tickets resolved yet - there's a backlog of them for me to go through, and I'm having to prioritise them accordingly. But now the COVID vaccination programme has almost wound down, I'll be spending less time in clinics and hopefully more time working on the website.