• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SCH117X

Established Member
Staff working at LBA will get discounted travel on Flyer routes; also Idle will have Transdev Go branded Versa 215

Also 293 YJ68 FVX (Pride of the North) ex Rosso at Idle

Last edited:

RustySpoons

They are hard plastic with minimal cushioning; really uncomfortable. Probably specified as dealer stock supplied to Compass Bus

Yep, thems the ones! Reminiscent of the plastic chairs we used to have at primary school, only with a tiny slither of fabric to act as a cushion.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Personally I'd recommend them to the CIA, seeing as waterboarding has fallen out if favour...

Urban 90s are really the sort of thing that you'd get on some European city bus that you spend about 10 minutes on as you travel to a local metro station.

However, for some reason (price!), they were fairly standard on hire/lease kit supplied by Mistral and Dawsons during the 2000s. Mind you, I remember that Arriva bought some new Lowlanders with them; spending an hour on one from Goole to Selby was horrendous.

Can only hope that Transdev replace them on that vehicle.

Andyh82

Established Member
Urban 90s are really the sort of thing that you'd get on some European city bus that you spend about 10 minutes on as you travel to a local metro station.

However, for some reason (price!), they were fairly standard on hire/lease kit supplied by Mistral and Dawsons during the 2000s. Mind you, I remember that Arriva bought some new Lowlanders with them; spending an hour on one from Goole to Selby was horrendous.

Can only hope that Transdev replace them on that vehicle.
It wasn’t the Lowlanders, it was the Presidents that Arriva Yorkshire bought with Urban90s. At one time you could travel on the X33 from Bradford to Sheffield on one!

Regarding this bus, it’s presumably to replace the Solos on Bury/Rochdale locals, so passengers there won’t be on much longer than 10 minutes

Ashly_Jethro

It wasn’t the Lowlanders, it was the Presidents that Arriva Yorkshire bought with Urban90s. At one time you could travel on the X33 from Bradford to Sheffield on one!

Regarding this bus, it’s presumably to replace the Solos on Bury/Rochdale locals, so passengers there won’t be on much longer than 10 minutes

Even still, the moquette is horrendous, so if they reupholster them they may as well just get some new ones

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member

You're absolutely right - I'm conflating Arriva vehicles :oops:

It was B7/Presidents at Selby (doh!) whilst it was Arriva North East that had Daf DB250 Lowlanders that also had Urban 90s. You could travel from Darlington to Newcastle on those a**e numbing seats

M60lad

Has anybody any idea of when the new MMC400s are due for X43 Witch Way service? Thought they were due to arrive and enter service sometime this year.

Has anybody any idea of when the new MMC400s are due for X43 Witch Way service? Thought they were due to arrive and enter service sometime this year.
End of October is the date mentioned in the latest Talk TV video on YouTube.

Alexbus12

Has the Rosso name been unofficially dropped? "Rochdale Runners", "Bury Bolts", "our464", "Trax", "Tottington Line", "Irwell Line", "Lake Line". Even TfGM tenders aren't registered on the Rosso License anymore.

M60lad

I know that some services operated out of Rosso's Rochdale Depot are now registered as being operated by Burnley Bus Company and I'm sure I've seen the odd Rochdale based vehicle with Burnley Bus Company legals.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Has the Rosso name been unofficially dropped? "Rochdale Runners", "Bury Bolts", "our464", "Trax", "Tottington Line", "Irwell Line", "Lake Line". Even TfGM tenders aren't registered on the Rosso License anymore.

Transdev prefer to use brands for their major services/mini network with generic identities restricted to the more minor and schools services e.g. Keighley has Aireline, BronteBus, The Shuttle, Keighley Jets and Dalesway but still have Keighley Bus Company for unbranded routes like the 62.

Rosso is still on the Transdev website so it hasn't been dropped altogether.

markymark2000

On Moderation
It's sub networks under a brand isn't it and I like that having a personal touch to give the impression that everything is locally managed (Not sure how much is locally managed though as obviously Harrogate is HQ). I think the only change I would make it put 'brought to you by Rosso' so that you can keep the umbrella brand name because I think it could confuse people it saying on the bus stop 'rosso' but then the only reference to Rosso on the outside of the bus is on the rear bumper. Either that or drop the umbrella Rosso brand and run everything under Blackburn which is essentially what is going on anyway (Ops licence and management seems to be going on in Blackburn).

Andyh82

Established Member
At the moment Rossendale Transport Limited run services from Rochdale, Burnley and Intack depots, but then at the same time, some Rochdale and Bury locals are run from Rochdale depot but on the Burnley & Pendle licence.

Operationally it’d make sense transferring the 464 & Irwell Line to Lancashire United Limited, so they didn’t have two ‘companies’ running out of one depot

cnjb8

Established Member
At the moment Rossendale Transport Limited run services from Rochdale, Burnley and Intack depots, but then at the same time, some Rochdale and Bury locals are run from Rochdale depot but on the Burnley & Pendle licence.

Operationally it’d make sense transferring the 464 & Irwell Line to Lancashire United Limited, so they didn’t have two ‘companies’ running out of one depot
The 464 does run out of Intack, and I'm pretty sure Irwell Line does too

M60lad

Yes both 464 and Irwell Line services are run out of Intack (Blackburn) Depot.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I see Roger French has been to see the new Flyer services in action. Now, RF is someone who does know Alex Hornby (saying they're friends may be pushing it) so comments need to be viewed in that respect. However, I'd advise people to look at the article (link below) and look at the marketing plan that has been put together and executed and then think that it's one of the best service launches.

You may question the renumbering and the like. The private plates and not new vehicles are valid points. Doubtless, it won't be to everyone's taste. However, there are lots for many other firms to look at and learn.