• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

theblackwatch

Established Member
I'll probably try out the Harrogate-Skipton 'SO' service at some point over the summer, not a route I've ever done by service bus.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, but Transdev are giving away a free day ticket to users of their 'Transdev Go' app, see https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/_/coronavirus for more info.

FREE day tickets for all
We're giving away a free day's travel from 17 May to everyone who has our Transdev Go app installed and an account set up.
Get the app, go to ‘settings’ and make sure you have an account set up, ready for the big day.

On 17 May we'll pop a ticket into your account.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

M60lad

Not too sure what the problem was but one of the Little Hotline Stratas on 153 was substituted yesterday for Blackburn Bus Company Versa 237 which is out again today on 153.

Also not too sure whether it was the lean of the bus but Ribble Country liveried 77 Strata had problems pulling away from the Bus Stop at Chatburn as the door would refuse to lock and kept opening and closing a few times before with driver assistance and a couple of door resets it managed to rectify itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

RustySpoons

Also not to sure whether it was the lean of the bus but Ribble Country liveried 77 Strata had problems pulling away from the Bus Stop at Chatburn as the door would refuse to lock and kept opening and closing a few times before with driver assistance and a couple of door resets it managed to rectify itself.

There's been a few of them with over sensitive door sensors that refuse to close without a bit of persuasion.

traction22

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, but Transdev are giving away a free day ticket to users of their 'Transdev Go' app, see https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/_/coronavirus for more info.

Did you note an expiry on that? I have signed up myself and hope to use it, but it seems a little open, and I can imagine some areas of the north being like Showbus if this is valid for the day!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Did you note an expiry on that? I have signed up myself and hope to use it, but it seems a little open, and I can imagine some areas of the north being like Showbus if this is valid for the day!
You get a day ticket if you've got the app by 17th May.
I imagine that like a purchased ticket it can be used for any day over the next year.

RustySpoons

What companies are the new Mellors assigned to please?
Rosso, officially.

Slight quirk in that Rosso's Rochdale work was transferred to Burnley & Pendle's operating license, and the new Lancashire County Council work that runs out of Burnley and Blackburn is on the Rosso license.

JetBlast

Rosso, officially.

Slight quirk in that Rosso's Rochdale work was transferred to Burnley & Pendle's operating license, and the new Lancashire County Council work that runs out of Burnley and Blackburn is on the Rosso license.

Thanks. Why did they have this big shuffle around please?

After all these years there are still heaps of Rosso busses in old livery. Is this due to the Greater Manchester franchising?

Andyh82

Established Member
Thanks. Why did they have this big shuffle around please?

After all these years there are still heaps of Rosso busses in old livery. Is this due to the Greater Manchester franchising?
Looks like there are about 19, but most of the buses still in old Rosso livery are generally only used on schools or in the case of the Solos and Scania L94s are probably not long for this world, so they won’t be a priority, they have progressed quite a bit repainting the B7RLEs into Pride of the North livery this year

SCH117X

Established Member
Agree with Andy H that the two Solos (139 & 147) and the four Scanias (1602/11/12/16) will not be around long and also would think the 2002 Gemini (2790) and possibly the 2007 East Lancashire Myllennium Vyking (2746) may not be around much longer due to age and non standard body type respectively. Also the simple logistics of fitting vehicles in for a repaint when others are required. The acquisition of the Leeds Bradford Airport services for example in 11 vehicles being repainted when otherwise that might have been a number of Rosso vehicles. Six B7RLEs remain to be repainted (1716/19/20/22/23/25). I make it 14 still in old Rosso liveries .

Leedsbusman

Agree with Andy H that the two Solos (139 & 147) and the four Scanias (1602/11/12/16) will not be around long and also would think the 2002 Gemini (2790) and possibly the 2007 East Lancashire Myllennium Vyking (2746) may not be around much longer due to age and non standard body type respectively. Also the simple logistics of fitting vehicles in for a repaint when others are required. The acquisition of the Leeds Bradford Airport services for example in 11 vehicles being repainted when otherwise that might have been a number of Rosso vehicles. Six B7RLEs remain to be repainted (1716/19/20/22/23/25). I make it 14 still in old Rosso liveries .
1717-1723 are all in Transdev Go livery.

SCH117X

Established Member
The WYIS fleetlist must be out of date then as 1719 and 1720 are still listed in old Rosso liveries.

Leedsbusman

The WYIS fleetlist must be out of date then as 1719 and 1720 are still listed in old Rosso liveries.
Bearing in mind they have just reported 610 has been named about three years after it was done, they aren’t always up to date if nobody has reported the change.

Dusty_Bin

It’s only been 3 years, In that time they have also had 37 new vehicles and refurbed the majority of the rest. I think the remaining buses for painting are the school double decks, surely they will be done in the school holidays.

David Verity

Rosso, officially.

It appears that Transdev have reinvented the "low cost unit" which was the fashion in the late 80s, and their Low Cost Unit is Rosso where all new drivers are expected to start. So if that is the case it makes sense to have a Rosso unit at each of their garages.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
It appears that Transdev have reinvented the "low cost unit" which was the fashion in the late 80s, and their Low Cost Unit is Rosso where all new drivers are expected to start. So if that is the case it makes sense to have a Rosso unit at each of their garages.
Although Idle is also a low-cost unit.

SCH117X

Established Member
It appears that Transdev have reinvented the "low cost unit" which was the fashion in the late 80s, and their Low Cost Unit is Rosso where all new drivers are expected to start.
Not so - there are new drivers at York and Harrogate and no doubt elsewhere

nctx

At Harrogate bus company drivers are on £12.07 per hour. Drivers based in York are on £10 per hour. The advert states they are after five drivers for Harrogate and ten for York.

RustySpoons

It does seem to be the case that Rosso is where the lower paid work is, which does cause a bit of contention between drivers running out of the same depots in Burnley and Blackburn. I wonder if Tiger will be 'Yorkshire's Rosso'? In that it'll be Tiger that will be used for bidding for tenders and the like, similar to how Rosso seems to be being used at the moment taking on the Lancs County Council routes despite not operating anywhere near the traditional Rosso operating areas.

When Transdev bought out Northern Blue in 2007 it was intended to use that company as the 'low cost unit'

Stan Drews

Established Member
It does seem to be the case that Rosso is where the lower paid work is, which does cause a bit of contention between drivers running out of the same depots in Burnley and Blackburn. I wonder if Tiger will be 'Yorkshire's Rosso'? In that it'll be Tiger that will be used for bidding for tenders and the like, similar to how Rosso seems to be being used at the moment taking on the Lancs County Council routes despite not operating anywhere near the traditional Rosso operating areas.

When Transdev bought out Northern Blue in 2007 it was intended to use that company as the 'low cost unit'
Yes, Rosso appears to have simply taken the place of the lower Northern Blue pay rates that have continued to exist for some tendered/school routes in Lancashire since acquisition in 2007. Therefore, any contention between drivers is nothing new, although a number of enthusiasts appear to be getting very excitable about it!

I understand there is also a ‘low cost’ rate at Keighley depot for some of their tendered work.

Scotrail88

Do we expect any further growth or acquisitions from Transdev?
Anyone know what tenders are due in their areas that could go for?

Do we expect any further growth or acquisitions from Transdev?
Anyone know what tenders are due in their areas that could go for?
Anything would be pure speculation at this point, but if you were to take an educated guess at possible opportunities there would be TLC run tenders around Todmorden and Hebden Bridge (don't think they'd be as bothered about the Bradford tenders after many smashed windows from the local youths when they ran them).

Arriva Selby was proposed to become a Yorkshire Tiger operation a few years ago, and being reasonably close to existing York operations; would be a logical step.

Various tenders around Huddersfield would be in their sites I can imagine (those run currently by CT Plus), but it will be a while before they come up for renewal.

And unless First/ Arriva are wanting to start offloading large chunks of their core business (more so Arriva); then that is pretty much it for opportunity in Yorkshire.

In the distant future I wouldn't at all be surprised if Transdev took over Preston Bus from Rotala. Though my knowledge of this area of the country is lacking slightly, it would appear to be a logical step (geographically at least).

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I'm guessing they'll be bidding for the 903 (open until end of May to start in July), the only non-school route (once they've taken over Tiger) in Keighley that they don't run. Jacksons have won it every time it's come up in the last 20 years though (since it replaced the 713).

Ashly_Jethro

In the distant future I wouldn't at all be surprised if Transdev took over Preston Bus from Rotala. Though my knowledge of this area of the country is lacking slightly, it would appear to be a logical step (geographically at least).
I think many would agree with you there. It would also be a huge boost to Blazefield and I’d like to think Preston too.

I can see a new purple The Preston Bus Company on the horizon :lol:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I think many would agree with you there. It would also be a huge boost to blazefield and I’d like to think preston too.

I can see a new purple The Preston Bus Company on the horizon :lol:
This fails to acknowledge the fact that Preston is a very important part of Rotala and their North West business and they are also committed to expanding their business, especially given the threat to their Manchester business.

I don't see Rotala selling up anytime soon

Scotrail88

Would smaller acquisitions of operators such as Reliance further improve the network offering and bring them to a stronger position in the York area?
Got to admit the Tiger purchase must make them just as much a network operator as First.