• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: most expensive pint at a station pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wolfie

Established Member
Having shelled out £6.65 for a pint of Asahi at the Three Guineas at Reading station the other day, just wondered what the most expensive pint you’ve ordered from a station pub is? I think I’ve read that the one upstairs at Manchester Picc is nudging £7 (!) at the moment, but haven’t been there personally.

Any advances on £6.65?

(Other choices of libation / comparison all welcomed as well :D )
Some of the craft beers in the Fuller's bars at Euston and King's Cross are well over £7 per pint.

Skymonster

Established Member
Beerheadz at Nottingham Station (a wonderful little pub) had a 12% Black Forest Stout on for a short period before the lockdown - best I recall it was heading for a tenner a pint, but they only sold it in halves and thirds anyway.

Trackman

Established Member
Beerheadz at Nottingham Station (a wonderful little pub) had a 12% Black Forest Stout on for a short period before the lockdown - best I recall it was heading for a tenner a pint, but they only sold it in halves and thirds anyway.
Think of it as three 4% pints!
Saying that I went in German pub one sunny day and the beer I drinking was nudging 10%, think I had 2 pints - I knew about it afterwards.

Howardh

Established Member
Yep I always seem to pay £6 + at The Mill in Manchester Piccadilly.. normally go for a Strongbow Darkfruit.
Thankfully Manchester is awash with nice little pubs within a few minutes walk. Piccadilly Central across the road where the trams pull is my favourite choice, though still not the cheapest.
Ah, the old Monroe's. What's it like now? It's a pub I've not been in for years, and the Bulls Head slightly further down too. Must revisit them as soon as...
Certainly wouldn't pay the prices on Piccadilly Station!

Must mention the Stalybridge station pub - quite the opposite end of the scale, very reasonably priced real ale. But they have a very expensive one on the left hand side, not sure if it's beer though?

Mike99

Anyone know what the price of a pint at the small pub on Manningtree Station platform?. Was quite busy when I was stopped opposite last Saturday and yesterday both time about half past five in the afternoon, the little seating area full up.

NorthWestRover

Established Member
£4.20 for my pint. I dread to think how expensive the 9.5% mild would have been. Not that you'd drink many.

NorthWestRover

Established Member
Stalybridge is awesome and is one of the few stations with real ale that you can reach behind a loco.

Sox

Slightly OT, but the Saturday before last I had a pint of Cairngorm Tradewinds (3.8%) in the Boat Country Hotel across the road from Boat of Garten station on the Strathspey Railway. Because it was table service only (and card payment only) the price was not immediately apparent, but I was somewhat shocked when my bill arrived to find that it was £5.60!
I was at the Boat Hotel in January for a soup and sandwich lunch, good quality but eye-wateringly expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.