• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Railway Journey Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
My only experiences of overcrowding on Voyagers have been-

1. Boarding a VT Glasgow-London via Brum at Lancaster. 5 vice 10 coaches. Still plenty standing room though.

2. A single 220 doing Edinburgh-Plymouth. Previous EC service had failed so more pax forced on Edinburgh-Newcastle.

3. 0735 Newcastle-Southampton. 0645 Newcastle-Exeter was starting at Derby, no reservations out and yeah a single 220. 2 trainloads onboard, standees after Darlington, full and standing up the whole train after York.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

03_179

Established Member
Many moons ago we used have a rather rude senior traveler who would storm to the front of the queue and ask for info.

Once she pointed to the platforms and asked "does that train go through Cheam?" I replied yes.

Two hours she came back more angry saying the train was first stop Horsham.

It did go through Cheam I informed her. You never asked if it stopped there.

Last edited:

DEE-DE

Saw the same thing happen in Germany once. Someone had boarded earlier at I think Koblenz (not sure, as we only got on at Mainz), asking whether the train went through Bingen. Well, it's the Rhine valley, so obviously it went through, but only half of the services stop there (IC). Then just as we had left Mainz she enquired when we would reach Bingen. Which meant she had to go to Mannheim and then back again.

backontrack

Established Member
I've never yet experienced the joys of Abellio Greater Anglia.

Last edited:

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Regarding my earlier comment about not venturing south of the mighty Thames very often, I have had a realisation that I have yet to sample the delights of a 442.

I can feel a plan for a 442 crankfest being worked on soon.

In peace

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.