• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Request stops as Termini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotton

In West Wales, Clarbeston Road is a request stop station, however, one morning train from Fishguard terminates there and returns back to Fishguard where it forms a Cardiff service.

Are there any other examples of a station where some or all other trains call only on request being used as a Terminus for some trains?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Parallel

Established Member
When there were engineering works on the Marches route a few years ago, I believe trains on the Heart of Wales line started from/terminated at Broome.

I can’t remember for sure but I think this has happened on one occasion on GWR too but can’t remember where. It may have been Umberleigh due to a train fault.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
There was certainly an occasion in the past when Carmarthen was shut and (then) ATW were starting/terminating at Ferryside. I believe this was because of a convenient crossover. The main bus interchange was being done at Pembrey with only minibuses serving Ferryside due to the small lanes.

Cestrian21

During the 2019 Eisteddfod TfW ran some additional shuttle services on the Conwy Valley Line, which used North Llanrwst as a terminus.

Status
Not open for further replies.