• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UK Emergency Alert Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
While that is true, it's not a deal-breaker. That is more on the phone vendors though since they are responsible for the UX, rather than the government.
I think the format of the alert was consistent on all phones. I had a number of alerts and the only real difference was some phones asked if I wanted to keep the alert system turned on for the future. Some phones had no such option.

The look of the message was the same. The sound was the same. The text to speech was whatever your phone voice was set up as, but ultimately the same.

jfollows

Established Member
Sorry. User experience - how the user interacts with the product, as opposed to UI which is what it looks like.
Thank you, that makes sense. It's a bit of a naff term, I think, but I'm not blaming you for it! I don't want an "experience" when I'm using my phone, really, but yes I see what it all means ......

nlogax

Established Member
Apparently lots of airline passengers caught out on approaching or departing flights. Nothing says 'i didn't set my phone to airplane mode' better than an emergency alert received at relatively low altitude.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I don't think leaving your phone on in a modern plane is an issue. Indeed, you wouldn't expect a plane to be able to fly if someone leaving a phone on, accidentally or deliberately, could do any harm to any systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.