• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual automated announcement at Clapham Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
It's a genuine announcement, no secret message. Heard it played at Guildford recently.

JB_B

Established Member
I can't play the message myself, but was it one of this type ?

www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105105

Recent lengthy discussion.

Not Inspector Sands. The message asks the owner of a vehicle (with the registration specified) to move it as it's causing an obstruction.

Interesting that the auto-announcer can be made to do this.

I was a bit surprised a few years ago to hear an automated message at Lewes beginning "Nous sommes désolés..."

Jordy

Established Member
I heard this at East Croydon a few years back, was a bit unexpected!

Attachments

• Vehicle.mp3
    356.4 KB · Views: 60

trivran

I was a bit surprised a few years ago to hear an automated message at Lewes beginning "Nous sommes désolés..."

Ooh, fancy that. You wouldn't have happened to have taken a recording, would you?

JB_B

Established Member
Ooh, fancy that. You wouldn't have happened to have taken a recording, would you?

Fraid not. Sounded just like the normal auto-announcement but related to disruption of the Newhaven Dieppe ferry.

Status
Not open for further replies.