• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains East Coast launch day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimble19

Established Member
New pic attached of what is / isn't 91103. As previously mentioned no trains will be branded like this on March 1, this will form the 11:00 from KGX on March 2.

Also Virgin have confirmed that materials like timetables won't be replaced / rebranded until they expire so May.

Well that's a nice and subtle logo then, not!!! :lol:

Thanks for the pic :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skimble19

Established Member
Having just seen the posters that will be going up on launch day all I will say is expect everything to go typical Virgin style. I was wondering if it would be slightly toned down but nope, bright red galore! :lol:

dk1

Veteran Member
Having just seen the posters that will be going up on launch day all I will say is expect everything to go typical Virgin style. I was wondering if it would be slightly toned down but nope, bright red galore! :lol:

That's what we like to see :p Anything that replaces the dreadful livery that has adorned the EC fleet for the last few years has to be an improvement in my book.

Aictos

Established Member
Can't go into detail but there's more then one complete set in the new livery or will be after Tuesday.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I see that the First Class lounge at Kings Cross is closed this weekend (28 Feb/1 Mar) for 'redecoration'.

JaJaWa

Established Member
They've said all driving cars will have the logo by the end of Tuesday, but I don't know if that's the big one or a smaller version. Full reliveries over the first few months. :)

West Ruislip

First VTEC services will be (on Sunday) :

Northbound - 08.45 from London King's Cross to Aberdeen

Southbound - 07.55 Newcastle to London King’s Cross

mildertduck

Curiously, my on-board card purchase last Friday has shown up on my bank card as "VT East Coast" - have they just renamed the POS information early, or are VTEC already getting money out of the buffet?!

Aictos

Established Member
First VTEC services will be (on Sunday) :

Northbound - 08.45 from London King's Cross to Aberdeen

Southbound - 07.55 Newcastle to London King’s Cross

Wrong, the first VTEC service Northbound is the 07:03 Kings Cross to Peterborough which also happens to be the first ever service in both directions.

Aictos

Established Member
That's not what the press office has told journalists.

I'm just saying that's what RTT says, besides the press office probably made a mistake because I can't see that service still being managed by East Coast when VTEC will start on Sunday.

West Ruislip

I'm just saying that's what RTT says, besides the press office probably made a mistake because I can't see that service still being managed by East Coast when VTEC will start on Sunday.

I cannot see the 07.03 service on RTT for the Sunday.

Looking at RTT the first train is the 08.45, as stated by the press office, but there is a ECS move to Peterborough departing at 08.29.

Tomnick

Established Member
Indeed, nothing on TRUST either. Maybe it's not so far-fetched to believe that the press office has got it right?

D1009

Established Member
Wasn't it pointed out up thread that there is an 0745 Rail Replacement Bus from Doncaster to Peterborough, not that the press office would have wanted to mention it even if they knew!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Wasn't it pointed out up thread that there is an 0745 Rail Replacement Bus from Doncaster to Peterborough, not that the press office would have wanted to mention it even if they knew!

There's an 0655 that does the same thing too.

387star

On Moderation
That's what we like to see :p Anything that replaces the dreadful livery that has adorned the EC fleet for the last few years has to be an improvement in my book.

:lol: haven't seen this rapid re livery in a long time thameslink take note

dk1

Veteran Member
I cannot see the 07.03 service on RTT for the Sunday.

Looking at RTT the first train is the 08.45, as stated by the press office, but there is a ECS move to Peterborough departing at 08.29.

Exactly what I see. Was amazed that an EC service as early as 07:03 existed off Kings X as has never done before on a Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.