• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weird train-related dreams

Railsigns

Established Member
This was last night's dream. I arrived by train at Oban station and immediately noticed that the platforms had been renumbered. At the middle of the present Platform 3 where my train had arrived, there was a double-sided square sign with black numbers in an elegant font on a white background. On one side was something like "9.81", and "19.74" on the other side. There was a similar sign halfway along the present Platform 4, with different numbers on it. I made a simple sketch of the platform layout with their new numbers, but I wasn't sure if I had the numbers on each platform the right way round because the signs were a bit ambiguous, I thought.

Walking towards the town end of the platform, I saw that a new short platform had been constructed over to the left, where an isolated length of track had been laid with a roof built over it. I figured this was intended for exhibiting heritage stock. I looked for a platform number but didn't find one.

Next, I found I was holding a long blue board. In white capital letters, it read something like:

9.81 Wick Trains
19.74 Wick Services
7.64 Conon Bridge Trains
17.53 Conon Bridge Services

I can't say that these details are accurate, but the named locations were both in the north of Scotland and not necessarily places with existing railway stations. I pondered the difference between "trains" and "services" and decided that one probably meant arrivals and the other meant departures. I walked away with the board under my arm.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I rarely dream about railways, however last night I dreamt that they'd brought the pacers back. And I kept on missing the one to Morecambe.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I was travelling to Bristol on what I think was supposed to be the Severn Beach Branch but the terminal station wasn't Bristol Temple Meads rather a station I never heard of just outside the city centre called "Bristol Budapest Rd". When we got there there was a separate metro platform to take you to the city centre operated by a third rail powered unit from the 1960s.

A few nights ago I was on the Brighton Belle. It was very tatty in faded blue / grey livery and the Bournemouth Blue moquette was pretty moth eaten but it was still running, I think demoted to a stopping service!

Intercity110

On Moderation
I was walking through a park with a garden railway, with a class 121/ inspection saloon TOPS coded for class 99, I was going to share it with the forums to see if it was accurate, and then the owner had a chat with us about it, and he used a company ‘Monmouthshire transfers’ I believe and got the garden railway for under £4!

Tracked

Established Member
I was waiting for a parcel that was coming by train, I wanted to find out what was happening so watched the journey on computer. Google Streetview now seemed to be available for trains and you got a view from the outside, which you could look at from earlier, like it had recorded the whole ride.

Knowing my parcel was on a 158, I watched it back through the journey, it passed a 1st Generation DMU (a 117 style unit) at one point, went through Huddersfield station and then arrived in a terminus station where there seemed to be a few Chiltern 168's parked up, where I saw parcels being loaded onto the train.

Purple Train

Established Member
I was on the annual (!?!) shuttle service from Cleethorpes to Sheffield via Brigg, formed of a Class 195. At Worksop, the PA suddenly came on with a loud rendition of "Piano Man" on loop, sounding like it was being played either in the Whispering Gallery or by a really bad synthesiser. When we got to Darnall (sped up from the real timing, obviously) the music stopped, and the guard came over the PA with, "And those are the Northern travel updates for today! If your journey will be disrupted, seek assistance at Sheffield."
Silence.
On comes a similarly loud rendition of "The Blue Danube" on the same instrument. It cuts off abruptly halfway through.
"And that is where this service is going to terminate, ladies and gentlemen."
Silence.
"We will shortly be arriving at Sheffield. All change please, all change. The doors will open on the right hand side. Change here for services to Meadowhall, Doncaster, Hull, Scarborough, Liverpool Lime Street, Leeds, Pontefract, London St Pancras, Washington D.C., Derby, Nottingham, Grantham, Peterborough, Norwich, and Lincoln, if you got lost. We hope you enjoyed travelling with Northern."

No idea how any of that got into my head...

Tracked

Established Member
I was coming back from a work meeting with a couple of colleagues, we were coming back on the MML on what looked on the inside like the seating layout of a Sheffield Tram. We stood in the middle coach, looking at a line to our left and a lot lower down. There was a new line being built to link to some sidings, where I said they were going to store old carriages forever.

We approached the station, the platform of which was on the right-hand side, but there was a train/bus coming up an incline to our left from a platform on the lower down line that we were passing over. The doors and windows of this train/bus were at an angle, as it was only there to take people from the lower platform to the high level one.

We got in the station, but there was nothing to say the name of this station. The train was then held due to a fire, and we moved to some seats in the rear carriage. I was looking through my bag at that point and found a few old notebooks, one of which had some work stuff in and a practice at an application for another job.

Then we were told we had to evacuate the station due to a fire, St Albans was mentioned (possibly as the station we were at), and the evacuation didn't seem to be being done with any urgency. On the way to the exit there was a sign saying "Ash Vale", and we weren't sure if that was the lower level platform.

The day before I'd been talking to a friend and the town of St Albans had cropped up in the conversation, as well as the old carriages stored just outside Great Yarmouth station, so definitely some of that appears to have crept in to the above :D

nw1

Established Member
I had a bus-related dream last night, does it count?

I was at Friary Bus Station, Guildford in the present day. (This is a location I was very familiar with during the mid and late 80s).

There was a Bristol LH on route 274 (a former Alder Valley route to Hindhead and, for a time, Petersfield) and it was in red Alder Valley NBC livery. It was ridiculously overcrowded and more people were cramming in all the time; my assumption was that there had been a cancellation.

However I think I was waiting for a bus to Midhurst, which was something which didn't exist from Guildford in Alder Valley days, only introduced with Stagecoach in 1993.

(In my memories of the 80s it was mostly Nationals and VRs on these routes. However I do recall seeing an LH on the 274 around summer 1984, presumably just before withdrawal).

Purple Train

Established Member
I had an extremely weird dream last night which covered multiple topics: I won't relate the entire dream (as a) I'm useless at anonymising stuff and b) it wouldn't make sense to anyone I don't know), but part of it was train-related.

I was waving a friend off at an unbarriered station that I know well. She initially went to the wrong platform, and I shouted (from the footpath at the top of the cutting that the station was located in) that she needed to cross the foot crossing, which she did. The foot crossing was situated about 50 yards from the platform ramps, and linked footpaths on each side of the trackbed, which led to their respective platforms.

I then realised that there was a three-storey car park for the station, and did what the most particularly idiotic teenagers seem to like doing nowadays: rode around it irresponsibly on some electrical conveyance that had magically appeared. (I can hardly even ride a normal bike, let alone an e-bike, so I don't know where that bit came from!)

At this point I wandered down to the platform proper, through a side entrance at an upper level that led directly into the station building (at footbridge level), which was a combination of Stansted Mountfitchet and Thanet Parkway that my dream persona could only regard as an eyesore (certainly compared to what was at that station before, and indeed still is in real life). There was a GWR Turbo in the platform, and my immediate thought was, "Ah! It must have come off the Farnborough North line!" despite the fact that the Farnborough North line is nowhere near the station in question (though a lot closer than much of GWR land).

I was stopped by an inspector of some sort, and explained that I had been waving off a friend, as I was perfectly entitled to do as there were no barriers and no signs of a CTA. He replied with some variation on, "I can do what I want!"

I decided to escape the station using a side exit into the woods that I knew was there under its previous incarnation. The path was no longer there, and had been replaced by a little brook that ran parallel to the platform and then turned away into the woods near the ramp. Said brook was also full of dead animals, so I turned back, dodged the dodgy inspector, and exited the station, which was now, weirdly, no longer in the deep cutting it had been in at the beginning.

At this point I realised that the entire town had disappeared and been replaced with a few country lanes and no houses. The surrounding country was just green fields as far as the eye could see, with no river or distant city or anything that is there in real life. I asked someone exiting the station what had happened. (How I didn't notice that something was wrong when the station and surroundings looked nothing like reality, I'm not quite sure!) He said that the entire area had been "remodelled", and all the inhabitants of the town, buildings, etc. had been "liquefied" (or some other such word). The dream ended just as I realised who and what had "been liquefied", at which point I woke up.

Happy Monday everyone.

--------------------------------------

Me again...

I was at St Pancras. Didn't look like St Pancras, but it was definitely St Pancras. Anyway, all HS1 services were cancelled due to an incident, so I (and a few random other people) took a different service to Belgium.

We got off at a station called Tubize Central, which was nothing more than two grass platforms in the middle of a field. Despite the double-tracking, everything was on the opposite track, and we saw three services pass by (as we also tried to work out on a Tube map how to get back to London). The first was simply a man towing some kind of log behind him (which was levitating at platform height, somehow...), into which there were about eight seats carved. The second I didn't see, but knew was there (it went through in the other direction). The third was a German locomotive hauling German carriages, at which I said, "That's more what I expected!" followed by, "It looks like a wigwam!"

The train (which I remember thinking in the dream was "two-dimensional", no idea why) did not stop at the station, and we thought about getting the next train back, but I didn't want to in case it was another man with a log (because I was scared of falling out).

So we walked back to London. In about five minutes.

There, we found ourselves suddenly inside what looked like a scene from Train Sim World 3, with signs for "Burnham Station", despite being in an industrial area in London. I found Burnham station, which looked absolutely nothing like the real place, with two side platforms at street level and some kind of transparent door to the platform, which was long enough to fit nine coaches in but had a chunk taken out in the middle, which made it impossible to alight from one of the coaches.

The dream ended as I got into some sort of argument with another passenger as to whether this was the real Burnham.

And I thought the last one was strange...

Last edited:

Tracked

Established Member
I was looking at recreating some form of train accident, involving a train from London Marylebone, with a load of toy trains that were being arranged to represent the 3 or 4 different services leaving Marylebone that were involved in this accident. It didn't look a convincing service, a mixture of carriages and trucks.

It then jumped to further down the line, which actually looked like the start of the Marriott Way in Norwich rather than somewhere down in London. I walked down what's now the path, and then got to a road. The line carried on over this road, but it was more a muddy path that wasn't really walkable, so I went back into town.

I took a shortcut through a cinema, that looked like a Wetherspoons in Edinburgh (The Standing Order) only with a few cinema posters around instead of drinks offers, and waited for a lift to the upper floor ...

Tracked

Established Member
I was in the shopping centre in town, I got in a lift to the basement but accidentally selected a floor below the normal basement, it seemed to take a while to get down there, but it was obviously some form of storage place (there were a lot of barrels near the lift entrance, and a bigger room beyond that).

I went back up, someone was getting in the lift at the basement floor and when I mentioned it they said that floor's usually locked out on the lift controls.

The next day I came by bus into town, from the South end of Doncaster - due to Covid restrictions there was some sort of trailer behind the bus; it looked a bit like a very big bed on the trailer - and went into the shopping centre.

I got in the the same lift but went up this time, to the station. It wasn't quite Doncaster, the lift came up at the end of platform 2, and that and platform 1 looked like Doncaster. Platform 3 curved out towards Sheffield, but the tracks had been lifted and a garden was between platform 3 & 4, can't remember what was at platform 5 or 8.

I rushed off the station, seemingly not through the main exit and not looking at any station signage to confirm where I was, but on realising the town was not Doncaster I decided to walk to the station building and find out.

Rushden Court, not sure about the Court as it seemed to be fading, and as I walked round to get a better view the whole name went out of sight. I walked past the building and couldn't see it, so went inside to ask (at no point did the sign become visible again). I asked a member of staff, saying I didn't know where I was and how I'd gotten here, he confirmed the station name and said it was lucky as their grief counsellor was working that day.

I replied I didn't need that, and it didn't explain why the name vanished from the front of the station.

Purple Train

Established Member
I had been doing some travelling across Germany with two of my friends, and they had both disappeared to make their own way back to Britain. This left me in some difficulty, as one of them had been doing the job of being tall and imposing and therefore effectively bullying locals into giving directions, and the other one spoke fluent German. I am neither tall and imposing, nor do I speak much German beyond, "My German is very bad: a return ticket please." So I was in a bit of difficulty.

In this situation, I magically summoned a relative who can perform both jobs. Upon said relative's teleportation, we set off. I can't remember what happened in the interim, but we ended up in the hills of Denmark, and decided to walk to the nearest border, just so we could take pictures standing on it. The border was, of course, with Pakistan.

Photograph taken, we got back to the path, and could see a little coastal station in the distance with a train in the platform. We started to walk along a path along a ledge about a quarter of the way up the cliff, but I turned back as there was a beached whale in the distance, and I found the sight physically unpalatable. So we went the long way round.

We got to the station just in time to see the train (a ScotRail 158) close its doors and leave. Fortunately, the next train was to Inverness in 13 minutes.

I hasten to add that in real life I am not that hopeless at geography!

75A

Established Member
If I'm struggling to sleep I try to name in the correct order all the stations between Brighton & Portsmouth Harbour Coastway West), if that doesn't work I go on from the Harbour to Victoria via the Mid Sussex.

contrex

If I'm struggling to sleep I try to name in the correct order all the stations between Brighton & Portsmouth Harbour Coastway West), if that doesn't work I go on from the Harbour to Victoria via the Mid Sussex.
I once read (maybe on this site) that someone's mate who worked in a signalling centre reckoned there were 30 ways to run a train from Victoria to Sutton, I often send myself to sleep by trying to list them mentally. Sometimes I get to 24 and sometimes 26, but never 30.

Tracked

Established Member
I was somewhere in the Retford area, in a waiting room on the station which didn't really look like a waiting room at Retford (or any station off the top of my head, more like a cafe with the chairs shoved to the side of the room. But Retford didn't look like Retford either ... ).

There were a couple of other people in the talking about going to Worksop, but I knew it'd be difficult because of the rail strike that was on, so they were talking about walking or going by bus.

Me and the person I was with decided to go back to Doncaster, but as there were no trains - no explanation of how we'd made it there, incidentally, we were just there - that meant walking back into the town centre, up a hill and past a big road/motorway junction.

I suggested we followed the sign for the M11 rather than the A327, it meant walking up some sort of big concrete staircase, at the foot of which two women asked about talking to someone who was already halfway up there. They kept us talking long enough for the person to have gone, but we found a nice cafe that opened at 12:00 - we were stood outside just before it opened, wondering if they'd let us in early ...

birchesgreen

Established Member
Last night i dreamt i saw a Class 305 EMU but it was in Network Rail yellow and was now a Class 856 (well with how crazy TOPS is these days, maybe not so weird). I failed to take a photo of it and remarked to someone i always missed good stuff, i'd probably miss the Flying Scotsman if it came through pink.

Then the next night...

Two strange train dreams in a row, i dunno you wait ages for one then...

I was on holiday in Jerusalem, for some reason a railway line ran through my hotel room and a steam hauled freight went through, i also saw a couple of switchers which looked like 08s.

Last edited:

Along the bay

For whatever reason, I found myself in Israel, watching the skyline of a city through a large panoramic window. Whilst watching, a Class 197 passed on the track below. Dream logic dictated that this Israeli city was simultaneously on the North Wales Coast.

Calthrop

Established Member
Dream logic dictated that this Israeli city was simultaneously on the North Wales Coast.
Indeed, odd how this goes "in the dream business". I've had a dream in which I was doing a brake-van trip on a narrow-gauge diesel-hauled freight train: which I knew was at one and the same time, in Poland; and in England's south Midlands.

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
Unfortunately all my train-related dreams end up with the train bit massively compressed (train journeys always feel quick for me, so the effect a dream has just teleports me places by walking onto a train).
Three nights before my trip up the Cambrian coast line I had a dream where I ended up waking up and having to take a moment to process that I was still at home, not on holiday. (I had been thinking about the journey a lot, just to end up on a rail replacement bus)

If I have any memorable train dreams I'll be sure to report back while I remember some of it.

If I have any memorable train dreams I'll be sure to report back while I remember some of it.
Guess what happened tonight!

We (my family) were waiting for a train that was delayed (I'm not sure why, it just was)[*1]
Then a truck comes driving down the tracks, appearing to have rail wheels which kinda just vanish and it starts driving using tyres.
Then a bunch of vehicles (cars/vans) appear, driving down the tracks the other way, I (and a staff member) shout at them to get off the tracks (with me knowing a train was soon), most of their vehicles seem to just disappear as they walk off of the tracks onto the platform, the staff member thanks me which is nice of them.
Then, in the distance, I see 3 Class 390s[*2], one, had its front door overhanging the distant platform, but had its doors open, I forgot what happened to one of them, maybe it just sat behind the stationary one and one was passing those two. All 3 were in their normal livery, but when that one that passed the other two got to me, it had somehow taken on 390121's Climate Train Livery[*3], and the station we were stood at completely changed from our home station to somewhere I couldn't recognise.
We walked up the platform a bit as the train arrived to avoid the first class section which was at the back where we were stood, and got on at the back of standard class, we then walked up the train trying to find a group of avaliable seats but it was busy (although a decent number of individual seats were free, just not 4 all near each other), so we walked past a lot of not-Class 390 interior (mostly 3+3, it was very much not the inside of a Class 390, nor consistent during the walk), after a relatively short walk we reached the shop (which was in a carriage with a metro style interior). Where my brother picked up an order (consisting of a Greggs Pan Au Chocolate[*4] and 2 Kinder Bueno[*5]) he'd made and had to leave behind at some point, which had somehow been arranged to make it onto that train (even in my dream I thought that was strange).

I think it ended there, I woke up only 15 minutes ago, and most of that time was spent writing that so it's as fresh as I'll ever remember it.

(My) reasoning for why some things appeared in that dream:
*1 = My train yesterday was late, I think it roughly pulled the numbers from that.
*2 = I see Class 390s quite frequently in Wigan.
*3 = I saw 390121 on Realtime trains yesterday, as it ran 9R20 0603 Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston.
*4 = I'd had two for breakfast that morning.
*5 = I'd seen one about a week ago when we ended up with some in the house because the white chocolate ones were not avaliable.

Last edited:

Purple Train

Established Member
I have recurring dreams about trying to access my local station and randomly running into a friend of mine and assorted siblings. However, my local station, which is reality is on an embankment, is in a deep cutting, and my friend always ends up speaking a totally different language when I attempt conversation, and, for various reasons, I never end up getting to the station (so I have no idea if it's also been geographically shifted).

Along the bay

I was on holiday in a place that was both Norway and Croatia, waiting for a regional train in a coastal station made of wood with a narrow island platform. Whilst waiting I realised one of my teeth was missing. Additionally, a electric locomotive passed with the cab of a Class 707 but otherwise a Class 88.

LUYMun

Once had a dream of spotting trains at a modified North Camp station. Instead of an ordinary two-platform double tracked line the reality station is, it was situated in multiple junctions, one heading to the east and another going to the west (think almost of a Loughborough Junction layout). There were additional platforms on either curves, totalling six platforms. There was no level crossing adjacent to the north (as is reality), but there was a steel bridge heavily used by passers, and North Camp was in a more rural background. I saw a Class 37 with a rake of Mk1 coaches leaving the western junction northwards, then leaving the station and walking down the eastern curve via a field, coming across to a large gap in fencing to see a GWR Class 165/166 passing very slowly. Sadly, my dream came to an end there.

Last edited:

RailWonderer

Established Member
I dreamed a 3 car XC 170 with EMT interior (no 170s ever had red EMT seats) ran a Norwich - Liverpool St service and was stalling all the way, nearly empty, probably on a Sunday afternoon. I was surprised at the level of detail I dreamt it.

Quite a good one last night that came in two parts.

In the first part I was at a massive London terminus that appeared to be a combination of Paddington and Waterloo, and I was waiting for a train to Cardiff. The problem was that there was some glitch with the departure boards which made them display the departures from King's Cross instead, and I only had around 10 minutes before my train was due to leave. I tried checking realtime trains on my phone but it was suffering from the same glitch and I even tried asking on this forum for help, but no one was responding. I thought about guessing and getting on a train at random, as there were only a handful of GWR 800s in the station, but decided not to.

There weren't any staff about to ask and the whole station was pretty quiet, despite it's size. It was also quite late at night. The departure time arrived and I saw an 800 leave, although this one was in Transpennine Express livery so it wasn't one of the ones I was debating getting on anyway.

In the second dream I was at a station that in my head was Exeter St David's but looked more like a three platform version of Bath Spa. The down platform was an island with a third line heading towards Bristol (or I guess in my head Plymouth). There was also a tunnel that started a few hundred yards beyond the platforms in the Bristol direction that was short enough you could see through to the other side.

Transport for Wales seemed to serve this station, as I saw two of their trains. The first was a 175, specifically 175009. Apparently THIS was the part of either dream I found the most unbelievable, as I was gobsmacked to find one after TfW retired them. I wasn't surprised one was working a passenger service around Exeter though. Somehow it managed to depart without the doors fully closing, and two hooded teenagers running for the train got caught in the doors, forcing the guard to make an emergency stop along the platform.

I also saw a train formed of two TfW 158s coupled to the DVT of a full Class 67 hauled Mk 4 set. The nine coach consist passed through non stop. Certainly an interesting way to solve capacity problems on the Marches line...

I was waiting for a train to Plymouth this time, and I saw an XC 221 approaching. For some reason it had two first class carriages. It didn't stop though and I watched it disappear into the tunnel, causing mass confusion among both passengers and staff. I apparently knew better however, as in my head this was part of some weird stock move and the train would reverse back into the station. I could see the Voyager through the tunnel and it appeared to have stopped after exiting out the other side. Then I woke up.

Tracked

Established Member
I was driving into Andover, over the railway crossings (3 lines), not quite in the centre. I was looking for a water treatment plant linked to a number of paranormal sightings (UFO's, Ghosts) that was just on that edge of town. I turned left after the crossing, there was some sort of building work being done on a field alongside the track. On the other side of the road was the old railway station on a previous alignment of the line, and just behind it - across a side road - was the treatment plant.

I drove on past, having a look, and up ahead at the side of the road someone was flying a kite - that looked like a big crow - at the side of Andover Army Barracks. On driving past there were lots of people - protestors? - sat around the fence with bird-shaped kites.

I was then stood on some sort of housing estate in the town, waiting for a bus that carried workers at this treatment plant, it was a new estate and I saw on my phone that only two of the houses were occupied, so I worried about staying too long in a deserted area. I found the bus stop, the first bus ran at 15:31 and the last bus ran at 01:31, so as it was morning I walked to the old station.

I accessed some sort of workshop through the still there platform side door, there were people in there doing some sort of recycling to make the foundations of whatever was being done over the road. This seemed to involve throwing some old coats into a circular vat that was tearing them up. I must've been there a while, as it was then evening and snowing heavy, the person who seemed to be in charge offered to get me a taxi, but I was insistent on walking as Stewart Lan, where my hotel was, was just around the corner from the old station. I was trying to leave by the warehouse side, rather than the platform, at this point.

lxfe_mxtterz

Had another strange one last night...

In this dream, a brand new extension of the JR Tokushima Line in Japan had just opened - a mammoth of an undersea tunnel all the way to China. So I decided to try it out.

A new "limited express" service had been introduced with the extension, running from Tokushima to Singapore, stopping en route at Awa-Ikeda, Hong Kong and various places in Thailand.

I boarded at Awa-Ikeda, and the train operating the service was an elderly two-car KiHa 185 Series. The train was crush-loaded and I ended up being squashed up against a door, but we prompted set off on our way.

Before reaching "the tunnel", we meandered along a line which looked remarkably similar to the West Coastway Line between Portsmouth and Southampton - that was until we had a door fault just after passing a station called Portchester, which looked identical to the real thing.

The driver gave "20" on the bell and the doors all flung open. The train came to a halt, rather quickly, and the doors were closed again. This happened a number of times before reaching the tunnel.

The rest of the journey towards Hong Kong was uneventful, albeit with some nice scenery in places.

Upon arrival at "Hong Kong Station", which appeared to be a mere uninspiring two-platformed station with buffer stops at one end (meaning we had to reverse back out), most passengers disembarked and were replaced by a plethora of not-so-favourable passengers.

Before long we had crossed the border into Thailand and were speeding past markets and trackside housing with a general air of neglect about the place. The behaviour of the passengers onboard started to deteriorate too - with people openly smoking in the carriages and just being generally rowdy.

It was at this point - passing through what appeared to be some of the less desirable parts of Thailand - that I felt incredibly concerned for my safety, so tried to sleep the rest of the journey. I don't remember ever reaching Singapore, so I'm not sure what happened there...

Last edited:

nw1

Established Member

I think the sequence from Chichester onwards (eastbound) is imprinted on my brain through station announcements. The Havant-Chichester section requires more thought because I haven't, over the years, encountered trains stopping at all of the stations so often.

Likewise it would be extremely easy for me to name all the stations between Woking and Weymouth in order (just tried mentally, took about 15 seconds) - a lifetime of station announcements!

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
Had a dream based on the start of my journey today last night.
My train arrived and was a double unit, with a 331 at the back (on my line without OLE), I assumed (in the dream) that the front unit was a 195 (looked like a Civity) and that they were able to talk to each other now.
Then it had a 142's bench interior (including door layout), with a small bit of ironing board seating.

Tracked

Established Member
I was catching the Sleeper service from Newcastle to Penzance, obviously odd as this doesn't exist. The other odd thing was that it was a converted Voyager, sadly I can't remember if they'd sorted the smell when converting it ...