• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welsh railways devolved to Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member

WatcherZero

Established Member
Isnt this the sectorisation programme announced weeks ago? Is the Welsh press just not on the ball?

TDK

Established Member
Seems like the operations of welsh railways is to be devolved to cardiff

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ilway-lines-devolved-to-wales-91466-28338843/

That is interesting as the Western Region boundry is between Wrexham and Ruabon, so the short bit between the boundry and Wrexham will become no mans land. I suspect they will change the region boundry further North to Rossett, if not this will cause problems. Now from Ruabon to Shrewbury is western region and Ruabon north is North western region, one is managed in Birmingham and the other Manchester I believe.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
It's on the NR web site now.
Not very well written, and doesn't explain the boundaries.
My guess is Cardiff will control all of Wales except that within the Chester PSB area, and up to Patchway through the Severn Tunnel and to Nantwich on the Marches line.

Gareth Marston

Established Member
It's on the NR web site now.
Not very well written, and doesn't explain the boundaries.
My guess is Cardiff will control all of Wales except that within the Chester PSB area, and up to Patchway through the Severn Tunnel and to Nantwich on the Marches line.

Its just the aligning of NR areas with TOC's, ATW and NR already have joint control centre in Cardiff. Though the lack of local knowledge at it is often a source of great frustration on the Cambrian.

Ivo

Established Member
Wouldn't this in theory mean than the WAG can declare electrification projects, and insist on Swansea (and the Valleys I guess) being wired?

Zoe

Established Member
Wouldn't this in theory mean than the WAG can declare electrification projects, and insist on Swansea (and the Valleys I guess) being wired?
It has nothing to do with the WAG. This is simply a new Network Rail region based in Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.