• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where's Coxster's site gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D306

Established Member
Currently Coxster is training for SWT as a guard and has said on here or a different forum that he's not been updating his site for a while now as he hasn't got the time for it. Let's just wait and see what he says on here

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster's site is now offline and will not return. Damon will explain in more detail, I'm sure.

BRT will take on the entire BVE section of his website, which will be published in due course. ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Hi guys,

Rich is correct - the website will not be returning. The domain/webspace renewal came up last week so I decided it was a good time to close the website. Why didn't I just renew it as usual? Well, as of late (even before started getting paid to play with trains!) I just wasn't really getting anything out of it - where as before I used to love running the website - hence the last update being 9 months or so ago! Because of this, things such as the database were getting on for being a year out of date so were of no real use anymore. Basically it was costing me money to host something that was dormant.

All is not lost though! All the of MSTS downloads remain available on UK Train Sim. As for BVE, everything from that section will be available once more! Rich very kindly stuck his hand up and is now beavering away tranferring everything - from the downloads to the tutorials and guides - across to the BVE Routes & Trains website. It will no doubt take him a bit of time to complete as there's quite a lot to (do so do be patient with the lad!) but ultimately it will all return to your screens, just at a different website address. This will also mean there will be one less website out there to visit keeping even more BVE productions in one place, and pages such as the databases more up-to-date.

So in short, just keep an eye on the front page of Rich's website or this forum thread where I'm sure he will write a quick note once he has completed the task :)

Regards,
Clockhouse

The Snap

Established Member
Couldn't really have put it better myself. Thanks for your kind words mate. :)

As Damon said, I'm working on the pages at present. The databases are proving difficult, as the tables won't fit into my webpage templates correctly...I'll sort it though! Shouldn't be too long now...;)

Coxster

Established Member
:(bring back virtual rail!
Weren't a fan of BVE Depot then? :( Those were the days...! Thing is, Virtual Rail and Coxster.co.uk were the same content-wise - just a different name and design.

eezypeazy

Perhaps we should pause for a few moments and just thank Damon for all his efforts. Damon has been a tremendous supporter of and ambassador for the train simming community, especially for BVE. There will be countless hundreds, if not thousands, of BVE users who will have found his site an invaluable resource over the years.

Thank you Damon!

Regards

eezypeazy

Last edited:

cotda11

Hi guys,

Rich is correct - the website will not be returning. The domain/webspace renewal came up last week so I decided it was a good time to close the website. Why didn't I just renew it as usual? Well, as of late (even before started getting paid to play with trains!) I just wasn't really getting anything out of it - where as before I used to love running the website - hence the last update being 9 months or so ago! Because of this, things such as the database were getting on for being a year out of date so were of no real use anymore. Basically it was costing me money to host something that was dormant.

All is not lost though! All the of MSTS downloads remain available on UK Train Sim. As for BVE, everything from that section will be available once more! Rich very kindly stuck his hand up and is now beavering away tranferring everything - from the downloads to the tutorials and guides - across to the BVE Routes & Trains website. It will no doubt take him a bit of time to complete as there's quite a lot to (do so do be patient with the lad!) but ultimately it will all return to your screens, just at a different website address. This will also mean there will be one less website out there to visit keeping even more BVE productions in one place, and pages such as the databases more up-to-date.

So in short, just keep an eye on the front page of Rich's website or this forum thread where I'm sure he will write a quick note once he has completed the task :)

Regards,
Clockhouse

It is possible to get on coxster's site copy + paste this link
http://web.archive.org/web/20070429134952/http://www.coxster.co.uk/

me123

Established Member
Gizmogle's correct. As this is the case, I'm locking the thread as there's nothing really new to add to this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.