• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All Class 350 Refurb Updates and any Refurb questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spirit555

The most recent 350/1 to come back from Long Marston after corrosion repair was 350105 - anyone know when the next one's due to be?
In theory it should be this weekend, 350114 should return. Although nothing showing on RTT as yet.

Mark

RealTrains07

Established Member
why are the 350/3s not getting the new seat covers or repainted grab handles and rails?

Dosent make much sense to me

Surely a uniform fleet is easier to maintain instead of having the mismatched seat cover and interior?

221101 Voyager

Established Member
why are the 350/3s not getting the new seat covers or repainted grab handles and rails?

Dosent make much sense to me

Surely a uniform fleet is easier to maintain instead of having the mismatched seat cover and interior?
The 350/3 is in a good enough condition to not require a seat cover or carpet replacement just yet. I've been on a few and they do look good still.

The /4s are now the most scruffy in terms of their long term fleet, hence why around half of those have been refurbished so far.

The 350/2 (the 2+3 ones) will be gone before 2023, so they are unlikely to receive any works.

I agree a uniform fleet is easier to manage, but with time that will happen.

350403 is now fully refurbished
Thanks for the update, the list on post number 1 will now be updated. :D

Spirit555

350114 came back from corrosion repairs today and 350107 went in. 37601 doing the honours both ways to/from Long Marston.

Mark

Established Member
A coach of 108 has been covered in a fairly awful looking combo of pink and black vinyls for a new anti trespass campaign.

221101 Voyager

Established Member
106 had been graffitied when I was on it last week.
:rolleyes: It still hasn't got LNWR livery yet either.

350108 has been vinyled in an anti-trespass livery. credit to Kris Nelson on FB
See this post for details and photos of it

Spirit555

Can now confirm that 350407 is refurbed. That completes the program now.

Mark

221101 Voyager

Established Member
Can now confirm that 350407 is refurbed. That completes the program now.

Mark
Thanks, I shall add that to the list. :)

Its a shame the /4s and /3s still wont be receiving the green and grey coloured hand rails and grips.
I prefer the yellow ones, aren't they also more compliant for disability regs too?

are the 350/3s not getting new seat covers? seems a bit wierd but ok
Whenever I've been on a /3, the seats usually look like new, so I can see why they haven't been done yet.

They'll probably replace them with LNR Grey when they run of of LM green spares.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Whenever I've been on a /3, the seats usually look like new, so I can see why they haven't been done yet.

They'll probably replace them with LNR Grey when they run of of LM green spares.

They'll probably run out of grey first, the ribbed moquette seems to be wearing very badly indeed. Prize for the first person to spot a green seat cover on a /1 or /4?

221101 Voyager

Established Member
They'll probably run out of grey first, the ribbed moquette seems to be wearing very badly indeed. Prize for the first person to spot a green seat cover on a /1 or /4?
True. That grey moquette does look very poor indeed considering it's age, the material looks pretty cheap also. I must say the LM moquette looks much better quality and seems to be much more hardwearing.

RealTrains07

Established Member
I prefer the yellow ones, aren't they also more compliant for disability regs too?
I wondered that but it dosent explain why the /1s had their hand rails and grips re painted? Those colours do also fit with the disability regs too as the grey contrasts well against the blue panels by the door.

just seems a little lazy really?

Status
Not open for further replies.