• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Demx93

Anybody else not had the online RAAT test but still shows application in progress on there portal ?
I wouldn’t take much notice of the ‘application in process’ .. I’ve previously applied for jobs and it doesn’t change for months and months

Brad182

Well done Brad, fingers crossed. Can I ask, I haven't used Teams for a meeting yet did you use a laptop or tablet? Was it easy enough to connect to, I assume you just use the link in the invite they sent?
Thank you! Fingers, feet, only thing that isn’t crossed is my eyes :smile::smile:
First time I’d also used teams. Can’t say I found it very good tbh. Not very user friendly I thought, but once you get it going it was fine.

I’d suggest loading it up the day before to figure it out.
But yeah, you click the link from the email and it will give you 3 options. Download the app, use the browser or open app if you already have it installed.

I had it installed already, but it wouldn’t open so I ended up just using it on the browser and it was so much easier and worked fine.

And yeah, I used a laptop, though my camera isn’t that great they didn’t care. But like Edinburgh1987, you could use a phone or tablet also

Anybody else not had the online RAAT test but still shows application in progress on there portal ?
I wouldn’t take much notice of the ‘application in process’ .. I’ve previously applied for jobs and it doesn’t change for months and months
I’m in this position too but we’ve also heard further up this thread that people who have not made it through had their application changed to end of process pretty quickly

Demx93

I’m in this position too but we’ve also heard further up this thread that people who have not made it through had their application changed to end of process pretty quickly
Yeah you’re right, I’m just going of personal experience.. there’s three of us from the midlands that haven’t heard? I asked the other day if anyone for the Birmingham positions have got further..
maybe they could be doing depot by depot

That makes sense, there’s also two intakes as well so I wonder if the group going through now are part of the first one. I’m from east anglia and would be relocating so who knows if I hear anything back or not!!

FastTrax

I applied for Birmingham and had the email yesterday
it seems birmingham applicants have heard back two weeks ago...so either they are doing alphabetically and/or for the first training batch etc etc. i m waiting for birmingham n it says application in process....i have never had an email....not even an acknowledgement.

carl123uk

Just checked and mine still say's application in progress and I've had no contact after the test. Anyone else's say different?

EJ96

Yeah you’re right, I’m just going of personal experience.. there’s three of us from the midlands that haven’t heard? I asked the other day if anyone for the Birmingham positions have got further..
maybe they could be doing depot by depot
I’m in the same position as you also :) it just says ‘in progress’.

Last edited:

PickleTree

Had my interview today, felt it went pretty well we were on for 1.5 hours but both people were really lovely. Not sure when I will find out but as I have completed all the psychometric tests to an enhanced standard I can’t do anymore. Has anybody else heard anymore yet?

NorthernTech

Had my interview today, felt it went pretty well we were on for 1.5 hours but both people were really lovely. Not sure when I will find out but as I have completed all the psychometric tests to an enhanced standard I can’t do anymore. Has anybody else heard anymore yet?
Congratulations on the interview. What is the Enhanced Standard you mention of?

PickleTree

Congratulations on the interview. What is the Enhanced Standard you mention of?
When you complete the psychometric tests through the OPC different operating companies ask for a pass either to a standard level or enhanced. I completed mine for a FOC that required enhanced passes which I got.

FastTrax

for those of us that have Application In Process status, at least for me i am assuming it didn't go any further. its defo too late for the first batch and not looking promising for june either. if they had looked at the application they would have decided and if they haven't looked at it then maybe they have selected who they wanted already(?)... i am assuming this to at least put my mind at rest so i don't keep thinking/checking their site... good luck to those still hoping.

BrokenSam

for those of us that have Application In Process status, at least for me i am assuming it didn't go any further. its defo too late for the first batch and not looking promising for june either. if they had looked at the application they would have decided and if they haven't looked at it then maybe they have selected who they wanted already(?)... i am assuming this to at least put my mind at rest so i don't keep thinking/checking their site... good luck to those still hoping.
Until its a no its not a no. Chill

PickleTree

Also I asked about the start dates during my interview yesterday and was told that those dates were very much aspirational and they expected them to move, certainly the May date as most people have a 4 week notice period.

sd0733

Established Member
Also I asked about the start dates during my interview yesterday and was told that those dates were very much aspirational and they expected them to move, certainly the May date as most people have a 4 week notice period.
I got told that they were still hoping to go with the May and June dates! Even they thought that it was a little optimistic though as like you say with the 4 weeks notice its practically impossible now if you are employed elsewhere.

FastTrax

thanks. very good to know.

Edinburgh1987

I've had a call today to go to the next stage which would be the psychometrics I believe but they're checking if the ones I passed already will be enough.

I wouldn't give up until it says no.

The dates are still may and June or certainly what they said at interview but I think may is ambitious.

Also the next interview I believe is the MMI piecing things together, anyone know if these are always the same questions?

D Rivers

I've had a call today to go to the next stage which would be the psychometrics I believe but they're checking if the ones I passed already will be enough.

The dates are still may and June or certainly what they said at interview but I think may is ambitious.

Also the next interview I believe is the MMI piecing things together, anyone know if these are always the same questions?
8-)8-)8-) Nice one pal!

PickleTree

Congratulations, which psychometrics have you already sat? Have you sat the MMI before? Just interested as I have sat them all before and passed them all to an enhanced standard so hoping I won’t need to again.

D Rivers

Congratulations, which psychometrics have you already sat? Have you sat the MMI before? Just interested as I have sat them all before and passed them all to an enhanced standard so hoping I won’t need to again.
You won’t need to do them again. A lad who started in feb had already done them all. As long as there in date you’re fine.

Edinburgh1987

Cheers, the tests I've done were the dot test,bleep tests and one similar to the Raat one we done for this.

I've not had an MMI or done the the computer tests. Is the MMI the same questions everytime as suggested elsewhere in the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.