• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonge88

I’m for Edinburgh, I think they done the depots in batches. Where are you?

Ah fair enough, I am the opposite end of the Country to you, hoping for Plymouth. I had the choice of this week or next week for my assessments.

Any more advice you can offer for practice would be massively appreciated, I've used a ream of paper printing off Group Bordons and I think I'm going to buy the program tonight to practice the tones/phonebook..

Edinburgh1987

Hi all

I had my assessments last week at Watford OPC too. Do we know if anyone has had any feedback from XC or if there are still anymore test dates? The OPC said they would feed back the results within a day or two. Are there any existing XC employees who would know how long it usually takes for them to get in touch?

Cheers
What day were you down?
They said after mine they'd send results to XC the next day but that's nearly a week.
I know at least one for Edinburgh is the 17th. Someone else said they had a couple off sick so could be slowing down the marking etc.

TEK2021

Ah brilliant, best of luck. I never bought anything but I found this forum very helpful to get you totally prepared. People have given examples of each of the exercises, although the booklet they send out to you tells you everything that is coming up

TEK2021

What day were you down?
They said after mine they'd send results to XC the next day but that's nearly a week.
I know at least one for Edinburgh is the 17th. Someone else said they had a couple off sick so could be slowing down the marking etc.
Looking at your posts I was in the same as you, the other Scottish guy you were talking to haha. What do you mean for that? There is already someone starting on the 17th or there is start dates for the 17th?
I wasn’t sure if the 4/5 days was from the final candidate

Ah fair enough, I am the opposite end of the Country to you, hoping for Plymouth. I had the choice of this week or next week for my assessments.

Any more advice you can offer for practice would be massively appreciated, I've used a ream of paper printing off Group Bordons and I think I'm going to buy the program tonight to practice the tones/phonebook..
Not sure why but my other reply needs to be checked before it’s uploaded. Probably because I attached a link. If you type each of the exercises mentioned in the booklet they send out into the search bar at the top or into google you can find a lot of examples. That’s how I prepared

Edinburgh1987

Looking at your posts I was in the same as you, the other Scottish guy you were talking to haha. What do you mean for that? There is already someone starting on the 17th or there is start dates for the 17th?
I wasn’t sure if the 4/5 days was from the final candidate

Not sure why but my other reply needs to be checked before it’s uploaded. Probably because I attached a link. If you type each of the exercises mentioned in the booklet they send out into the search bar at the top or into google you can find a lot of examples. That’s how I prepared

There's one guy booked in on the 17th for the tests. They said on the day they'd send the results to XC next day but also mentioned within 7 days

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Mod update:

Just changed the title of the thread. Please be clear what location you are talking about in your posts. Thanks!

Trainset33

Am I right in thinking that unless I saved my original application or took screen shots of it there’s no way of accessing it? I can’t view it via XC recruitment page

Also...the link for the original job advertisement (posted at the very top of this thread) is now obsolete. Same when logging into XC recruitment directly. Is there any way of viewing the original advert, better still, complete with person specification? There are generic ones for trainee driver jobs but was hoping to look at the XC one.

Many thanks for any info.

Edinburgh1987

Am I right in thinking that unless I saved my original application or took screen shots of it there’s no way of accessing it? I can’t view it via XC recruitment page

Also...the link for the original job advertisement (posted at the very top of this thread) is now obsolete. Same when logging into XC recruitment directly. Is there any way of viewing the original advert, better still, complete with person specification? There are generic ones for trainee driver jobs but was hoping to look at the XC one.

Many thanks for any info.
Scroll through the thread someone posted screenshots of the advert.

D Rivers

This what you want???

Attachments

• EF00A15F-3C0F-40C8-85D9-3DF91E05B11A.png
    EF00A15F-3C0F-40C8-85D9-3DF91E05B11A.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 642CFE54-202D-4810-AD37-15E4ED43CE8A.png
    642CFE54-202D-4810-AD37-15E4ED43CE8A.png
    553.1 KB · Views: 91
  • D5661DC2-4A01-48A6-8101-26D889848A41.png
    D5661DC2-4A01-48A6-8101-26D889848A41.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 91

Trainset33

That’s great, thanks very much for your help.

is there no way of accessing the original application that we made? Previous applications for other roles within the railway were accessible throughout the process, with other TOCs though. Here, when I click on ‘Apprentice Train Driver’ under ‘Your Applications’ I get ‘An error has occurred. Page not found’ If it’s too late to view it then fair enough, I just wondered if there was another way.

Jbdopeman123

This what you want???
Hi all,

My name is Jason and I was just browsing through some of the messages on this forum and couldn't help noticing this post for the Trainee Train Driver with Crosscountry.

I previously applied for the positions in March 2021 for the Birmingham depot.

Unfortunately I didn't pass the RAAT Test.

However, I intend to apply again when Crosscountry advertise again as I'm keen to become a Train Driver. However, I feel I need to prepare more for the RAAT test, which I found difficult.

Does anyone know of have any advice on how I can better prepare for RAAT test? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reading my post.

NorthernTech

Hi all,

My name is Jason and I was just browsing through some of the messages on this forum and couldn't help noticing this post for the Trainee Train Driver with Crosscountry.

I previously applied for the positions in March 2021 for the Birmingham depot.

Unfortunately I didn't pass the RAAT Test.

However, I intend to apply again when Crosscountry advertise again as I'm keen to become a Train Driver. However, I feel I need to prepare more for the RAAT test, which I found difficult.

Does anyone know of have any advice on how I can better prepare for RAAT test? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reading my post.
If you don’t mind me asking, how soon did you find out that you had failed your RAAT test and did they say that was the reason? For help with the RAAT I’d start by using the search bar at the top of the page, just type in RAAT and browse the myriad of stuff that comes up, other than that it may be something you can practice online but you may have to pay a little for it.

Brad182

Out of curiosity is anyone still waiting to hear back after their DMI? It’s been a month now and I’ve had nothing in response and my portal still says Assessment.

I’m assuming I’m not through, but one way or the other, it would be good to know.

Out of curiosity is anyone still waiting to hear back after their DMI? It’s been a month now and I’ve had nothing in response and my portal still says Assessment.

I’m assuming I’m not through, but one way or the other, it would be good to know.
Yes, had my DMI over 3 weeks ago and had no response and portal still says Assessment.

Glawsrfc

Have to say the communication from XC HR is pretty poor.
I’m still showing application in progress but haven’t heard a dicky bird either way as yet

PickleTree

Yes, had my DMI over 3 weeks ago and had no response and portal still says Assessment.
Well you might be ok as I got an email 10 days after mine to say I was unsuccessful. I do think it is very depot dependent based on the demand and the vacancies they have at each depot, I learnt during my interview that there was only 1 vacancy for the depot I applied for.

Jaxscc

Well you might be ok as I got an email 10 days after mine to say I was unsuccessful. I do think it is very depot dependent based on the demand and the vacancies they have at each depot, I learnt during my interview that there was only 1 vacancy for the depot I applied for.
Can I ask which depot did you apply for?

Bournemouth. My understanding is a couple of internal people applied too which made the 1 vacancy even harder to get!
I applied for the same depot. Not sure why you heard a reply 10 days after your DMI and I’m still waiting for the outcome after 3 weeks.

Brad182

I applied for Edinburgh, of which when I asked I was told there was 3 vacancies. But as we know, there have been a few people on here from Edinburgh put through to the tests. Hence why I’m thinking my dmi didn’t cut the mustard (which I felt it could’ve went better afterwards anyway). But yeah, would just be awesome to know for certain as there is still a flame of hope that maybe I’ve over analysed and it wasn’t actually thaaat bad.

NorthernTech

Starting to sound like there weren’t really that many vacancies going overall. And with internals going through the process too it seems like those who were going to be progressed have done so already. This may not be the case, but with the numbers quoted so far it would seem so.

Status
Not open for further replies.