• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
There's people from last year that passed everything in talent pools, I'd imagine they would be taken first before being re-advertised.
Not necessarily. This has happened before with a mix of people from previous years talent pool and new applicants.

Edinburgh1987

They definitely took people on from Manchester. I'm not sure what the talent pool is worth tbh, if I was in it I wouldn't be particularly confident.

There's a new course at the start of the year planned. I'm not 100% but I think theres something to do with the governments involvement about internal promotion at the moment?

carl123uk

I received an email last week inviting me for an interview. I originally took the online test about months ago

Trainset33

Congratulations. Which depot did you apply for? How many months ago did you take the online test?

NorthernTech

When will CrossCountry be recruiting for apprentice train drivers?
When you see an advert for Crosscountry Trains Trainee Train Drivers… That’s as close an answer to your question that anyone (without insider knowledge) could give you. You just have to keep checking the Train Company’s websites daily if you don’t want to miss out.

carl123uk

Had my interview a few days before Christmas. I still haven't heard anything back yet. Found the interview really difficult and I know I struggled all the way through it. I just hope I showed enough beyond my nerves that they'll give me a chance

D Rivers

Was it
“tell me a time when you’ve felt under pressure and how did you react?”
“Tell me a time when you’ve corrected something that could have had bad consequences?”
questions?

carl123uk

Was it
“tell me a time when you’ve felt under pressure and how did you react?”
“Tell me a time when you’ve corrected something that could have had bad consequences?”
questions?
Yeah there was probably 6-10 of them which i found way to many and ended up tripping over myself a few times. I just wasn't ready for them all. My first real proper interview in about 12 years so I'm out of touch with it all anyway

EmmD

Had my interview a few days before Christmas. I still haven't heard anything back yet. Found the interview really difficult and I know I struggled all the way through it. I just hope I showed enough beyond my nerves that they'll give me a chance
Which depot are you applying for ?

LCC106

Established Member
When was the last time you emailed? May be worth another one if it was a month or so ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.