• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Trainee Driver - New Cross Gate / Willesden (19/06/23)

Samzino

Same. I received it 1am. It says “contractor” most likely works from home

Question ‍♂️… I failed the MMI but recently passed the CBI this year. I was told it would override my CBI if I pass (they didn’t specify if failed to my memory). Is my CBI still valid? Cause technically it ain’t the same thing right?
Overrides so both cbi and mmi classed as a current fail now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nithen

Anyone here still awaiting their dmi result. 3 weeks almost -(which I get means I failed but want it to be official)

NTD

Anyone here still awaiting their dmi result. 3 weeks almost -(which I get means I failed but want it to be official)

Someone mentioned previously that they're possibly waiting to go through all the DMIs before making a decision on who has passed, which makes sense as there are people still waiting for their stage 2 assessment results so there's probably 2 more weeks of potential DMIs.

musicontrain

Did you get any feedback on the MMI?

I'm hoping my next application has a bit more success and can make it to DMI this time around.

What I've made sure to do now is make/continue progress in my current career too, as much as I want to progress here you got to accept they can bounce you out at any stage and for any reason.

Madness that they still have 100+ interviews to do for this one, you can be great all across the board and you're still up against it.
I have just sent an email requesting feedback, hopefully will hear back from the OPC soon.
Really gutted failing at this stage after building all the hopes up, but yeah thanks for your advice, will try to turn my focus on other stuff.

I have just sent an email requesting feedback, hopefully will hear back from the OPC soon.
Really gutted failing at this stage after building all the hopes up, but yeah thanks for your advice, will try to turn my focus on other stuff.

How did you feel you done in the MMI?

I've read on here and a few other places that fails can be down to quite a few things which even include the use of 'we' instead of 'I'.

Hopefully, you will get some solid feedback and go again, to be fair its 6months and by that time there may be more vacancies coming up.

I cant imagine much will crop up from now until the new year.

Trigger94

To all those that have just received their stage 2 results - when did you have your assessment?
I did my stage 2 at the end of August so was nearly a 4 week wait.

I'm hoping my DMI is next week as im flying to Australia the week after...

NTD

I've just had a thought - could the high number of people being progressed to the DMI be related to the future Overground extension on the West London Orbital line, or is that too far into the future to be relevant at this time?

I did my stage 2 at the end of August so was nearly a 4 week wait.

I'm hoping my DMI is next week as im flying to Australia the week after...

Good luck to you, hope you manage to make it!

greatkingrat

Established Member
I've just had a thought - could the high number of people being progressed to the DMI be related to the future Overground extension on the West London Orbital line, or is that too far into the future to be relevant at this time?
No chance, it hasn't even been approved yet, any opening date would be 5+ years away.

T-Karmel

No chance, it hasn't even been approved yet, any opening date would be 5+ years away.
Exactly that.

This recruitment is for NXG in the first place, and anyone recruited for WIJ will be due to West London shuttles which are on the cards again. Mind you, last courses two years ago were done for the same reason and as the shuttles were cancelled, the last of the courses got cancelled as well.

NTD

So, has anyone heard back anything from Arriva? Anyone got their DMI results? Are people still waiting for their 2nd stage results?

nithen

I had my DMI 6 weeks ago. Didn't hear back. Understand that I failed but at least let me know so I can close the chapter officially.

Miky_G

Nope. During my interview they said that the start date was the beginning of December. If that's still the case then they're not leaving a lot of time for people to hand their notice in?

nithen

Nope. During my interview they said that the start date was the beginning of December. If that's still the case then they're not leaving a lot of time for people to hand their notice in?
They told me November.

If you never had good patience before, going through a railway recruitment process is a damn sure way of getting it. Nearly 7 weeks since I had my DMI

nithen

Yep!. Though afaik it's only 1 course happening.

Speaking for myself....Bit disrespectful and distasteful that they never bothered letting me know the outcome of the interview; that I failed it, let alone any feedback to help me next time.

Last edited: