• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mabs

How did your GWR interview go?
The interview went OK but they said I will hear in a couple of days but could take upto 10 days.

I am constantly checking my emails. When I asked, they said GWR have lots of courses planned.

Started in January, another in February and then April.

Then a little break and starts again for a few courses in the summer.

If I get a course for April or the summer I will cancel my TFL application.

When I applied for the TFL role I didn't have the GWR trainee train driver on my mind. That just came by chance and I just applied.

If anyone is interested, it would be easier to get the role being Internal.

Bailey

The interview went OK but they said I will hear in a couple of days but could take upto 10 days.

I am constantly checking my emails. When I asked, they said GWR have lots of courses planned.

When I applied for the TFL role I didn't have the GWR trainee train driver on my mind. That just came by chance and I just applied.

Hope your successful. I have my DMI in a couple of weeks, any chance you could give me the heads up regarding the questions?

Mabs

Hope your successful. I have my DMI in a couple of weeks, any chance you could give me the heads up regarding the questions?
What toc did you apply for? Good luck with your DMI.

It was mainly to do with security, safety and working alone. They will ask you questions to find out what type of person you are. The questions they ask each person could be different based on their work history and experiences.

Things to think about is as follows:

When you followed rules?
When you worked under pressure?
What customer service means to you?
What do you know about the toc?
When you delivered important info under? pressure/emergency?
When you worked alone?
When you made a mistake at work, What did you do?
A time you had a disagreement with your manager?
A time you went above and beyond?

Just think about situations you had and make sure you have an answer to questions they ask. They might want more information.

Although I found the DMI being more relaxed and the two managers trying to get to know me and if I suite their company position.

All the best and please do let me know how it goes for you.

Rme6

I would like to think they would have emailed the people that didn’t get through.. imagine waiting 6 weeks to get a no. That’s pretty brutal! Haha.

My thinking is that we hopefully have the job, just is there a job to have. What with the funding issues. Best bad case scenario is waitlist after going through all the process!

Fingers crossed though, all we can do is hope for the best and keep waiting. We will hear when we hear. Nice to know someone else is waiting though. I thought it was just little old me they had forgotten about! Haha
We are all in the same boat. The Titanic.

ruby

Glad to hear. i hope you get it

FinchN9

Have you heard anything yet ?
Unfortunately not. I’m not filled with much hope about hearing back by the end of Jan. As I was told 3 separate times a date I would hear our interview results by and they allllll past by. Haha. So just sitting tight till they eventually come.

Woodsy93

Been on waitlist for train maintainer for 23 months and they have just resubmitted my application without my permission using an old cv

Rme6

My CSA application has been resubmitted, I'm waiting for training date. Recruitment line is busy, I guess everyone is trying to contact them. Are they

We are currently working on streamlining our processes and with this your application has been moved to a new campaign number on our internal recruitment system. Due to this you will have received an email notification thanking you for your application with a new campaign number.

This does not affect your application in anyway, and you will resume from the same stage once we restart assessments in the coming weeks. You do not need to contact us.

Last edited:

Londonkens

Me too, I just read the email! I panicked for a second! I thought they’d expect us to go through the process again

Woodsy93

My CSA application has been resubmitted, I'm waiting for training date. Recruitment line is busy, I guess everyone is trying to contact them. Are they

We are currently working on streamlining our processes and with this your application has been moved to a new campaign number on our internal recruitment system. Due to this you will have received an email notification thanking you for your application with a new campaign number.

This does not affect your application in anyway, and you will resume from the same stage once we restart assessments in the coming weeks. You do not need to contact us.
Thanks for that save me ringing them up, so looks like no need to panic

ruby

There seems to me more jobs popping up on the TfL website. Anyone heard anything?

Lukethompson

Hi guys

New to the forum

Might be able to clear some of this up
Phone lines are closed because the whole recruitment thing has moved to a new team and to me it looks like some of the roles will just disappear
I was accepted for the ac1 train maintainer in late 2019 and have done nothing but contact them since .
Been told this week that the lady who was dealing with my app has been moved on and it's all gone to a new team , can't help but feel these jobs will not come around. I have it in writing the train maintainer position is currently on hold. I've been number 10 in the queue since October .

Thanks

Bucephalus

Hi guys

New to the forum

Might be able to clear some of this up
Phone lines are closed because the whole recruitment thing has moved to a new team and to me it looks like some of the roles will just disappear
I was accepted for the ac1 train maintainer in late 2019 and have done nothing but contact them since .
Been told this week that the lady who was dealing with my app has been moved on and it's all gone to a new team , can't help but feel these jobs will not come around. I have it in writing the train maintainer position is currently on hold. I've been number 10 in the queue since October .

Thanks
I'm sorry to hear this. I had an interview for this in Dec 19 but was unsuccessful (and out was of my depth in mechanical practical bit!).

It's one thing holding candidates where there aren't positions ready but when they re-post the job ad, I think it is unacceptable.

It's now up again for the second time since 2019 if I rightly recall:

Lukethompson

I'm sorry to hear this. I had an interview for this in Dec 19 but was unsuccessful (and out was of my depth in mechanical practical bit!).

It's one thing holding candidates where there aren't positions ready but when they re-post the job ad, I think it is unacceptable.

It's now up again for the second time since 2019 if I rightly recall:

No probs at all and yes you are correct , I subsequently phoned up to ask why this was posted and why I wasn't being considered to be told it was a different 'skill set

Last edited:

Woodsy93

No probs at all and yes you are correct , I subsequently phoned up to ask why this was posted and why I wasn't being considered to be told it was a different 'skill set '

Honestly considering the size of the company and there reach it is honestly the biggest s**t show I've ever been involved in.

Seriously demoralising !
I'm in the same boat as you then. I've never experienced anything like it, been a long and painful wait for me. Looking at the recent posting its the same skill set they are just making things up every time you call its another excuse

FinchN9

No probs at all and yes you are correct , I subsequently phoned up to ask why this was posted and why I wasn't being considered to be told it was a different 'skill set '

Honestly considering the size of the company and there reach it is honestly the biggest s**t show I've ever been involved in.

Seriously demoralising !
I’m currently waiting to hear back about my final CSA2 interview I had on the 16th. Would you mind passing the number you phoned? As the one I have has been cut off.

Literally feel like you’re fumbling in the dark!

Anusha

I’m currently waiting to hear back about my final CSA2 interview I had on the 16th. Would you mind passing the number you phoned? As the one I have has been cut off.

This is really taking this piss isn't it?
The government fund has been extended until 18th and I'm pretty sure we won't hear anything back until then.

Rme6

Contacting Us

If at any time you need to speak to anyone within the Recruitment Team, then please contact us on 0203 005 1680 (local rate charges from all phones including mobiles) or email [email protected]

Contacting Us

If at any time you need to speak to anyone within the Recruitment Team, then please contact us on 0203 005 1680 (local rate charges from all phones including mobiles) or email [email protected]
Do let us know what you learn. please

FinchN9

Contacting Us

Do let us know what you learn. please
Amazing, thank you.

Won’t be able to call for a few days. But will do when I do.

UPDATE:
Just rang now, the guy on the phone was lovely. Said should hear back by the end of the week. Heard that before so let’s see what happens!

Last edited:

Rme6

Amazing, thank you.

Won’t be able to call for a few days. But will do when I do.

UPDATE:
Just rang now, the guy on the phone was lovely. Said should hear back by the end of the week. Heard that before so let’s see what happens!
Thanks for the update.
I believe there is at least 8/9 weeks gap between each stage. This has been the case with me so I'm hoping to hear from them regarding reference checks around 3rd week of March. But like you said, let's see.

Mabs

Thanks for the update.
I believe there is at least 8/9 weeks gap between each stage. This has been the case with me so I'm hoping to hear from them regarding reference checks around 3rd week of March. But like you said, let's see.
Did you apply for part time night tube CSA?

Status
Not open for further replies.