• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bletchley Derailment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainplan1

Cheers for that. I hope what I am thinking happened isn't what has happened in reality :(

No worries. Thankfully it doesn't appear to have been too fast a derailment but I wait for confirmation/more details before any further speculation.

Rugd1022

If it did cross from the Up Slow to the Up Fast, it should only have been doing 15mph through the junction.

Nym

Established Member
Notice the attempts at humour that are just purely idiotic in the comments ... :roll:

Hope the driver is ok, and the loco is re-railed asap. Never seen LDBs so red before ...

You didn't see the DBs at MAN when the ash cloud hit then... I have a picture of that lurking somewhere...

Either way, shouldn't be too difficult to re-rail and thankfully it stayed upright.

A60K

Of course you'd've needed a loco swap to do that.
I meant passengers to make their way via Leeds on a day train, but it would be nice if the network had the flexibility to send the whole train that way!

Keele13

The 1212 departure from Stoke is showing as going via Birmingham and arriving into London 55 minutes late - everything else on Stoke's current departure board is either cancelled or terminating at Northampton.

Any idea why going via Birmingham helps? I don't think this train would normally go that way!

oversteer

So am I right in thinking that VT are running shuttles between Tring and Euston even though they don't really have to? Good on them if so.

bengley

Established Member
This is an interesting calling pattern... :?:

58A0I.png

(I have legit access to the departure boards so I can post this screenshot)

ushawk

Established Member
The 1212 departure from Stoke is showing as going via Birmingham and arriving into London 55 minutes late - everything else on Stoke's current departure board is either cancelled or terminating at Northampton.

Any idea why going via Birmingham helps? I don't think this train would normally go that way!

At a guess, they are expecting 2 lines to be reopened by the time it gets to Bletchley and they are deliberately diverting it to make it a bit later, also to give Birmingham a service.

With LM having only 3 trains, i would of thought they had more stabled down in London - arent there any spare 321's at Camden ?

Status
Not open for further replies.