• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Apprentice Train Driver - Bletchley (06/03/24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tysoe

Apparently I've already applied for the role from the previous recruitment drive for bletchley.

Does anyone know how reliable this is? Or am I better off withdrawing my application and putting it in again to be sure?

My profile does say application in progress for Bletchley

Rs1886

Apparently I've already applied for the role from the previous recruitment drive for bletchley.

Does anyone know how reliable this is? Or am I better off withdrawing my application and putting it in again to be sure?

My profile does say application in progress for Bletchley
I missed the deadline for the last recruitment and it showed in progress stuck. I’ve withdrawn that and reapplied

Tysoe

I missed the deadline for the last recruitment and it showed in progress stuck. I’ve withdrawn that and reapplied
Mine says Application in Progress but application date is 06/09/23 from the last recruitment.

Think I'll just retract it and apply again to be safe.

mclark87

Is there a difference between this and the trainee train driver advert? The trainee advert mentioned a salary of £27k rising to £29k before being paid more on qualification. Would the apprentice get paid the same during training? Or would it be at apprentice rates?

baz962

Established Member
Is there a difference between this and the trainee train driver advert? The trainee advert mentioned a salary of £27k rising to £29k before being paid more on qualification. Would the apprentice get paid the same during training? Or would it be at apprentice rates?
Apprentice train driver is just a different word for trainee. Should be no difference.

Thought this was up for grabs a few months back but missed the application window by being on holiday. Anyway, application in, didn't ask any questions about whether you had done the psychometrics before.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Thought this was up for grabs a few months back but missed the application window by being on holiday. Anyway, application in, didn't ask any questions about whether you had done the psychometrics before.

That would be determined at a later stage, not at initial application.

Locomok

I failed the DMI for the depot at Aylesbury last month so can I apply for this one?

I have all my passes from the OPC and MMI stage.

Did everyone get an email requesting a form to be submitted today?
Yes. Just filled it in. Last question asks if you are within 45 minutes of the depot (which is fine as I'm about 20 away), but the options were Yes, No and Other - not sure why there's an other option as you either are or aren't

12LDA28C

Established Member
Yes. Just filled it in. Last question asks if you are within 45 minutes of the depot (which is fine as I'm about 20 away), but the options were Yes, No and Other - not sure why there's an other option as you either are or aren't

Clearly the only suitable response to that question is 'yes'.

PK96

Other could be.. no, but willing to relocate! I think anyways