• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Apprentice Train Driver - Bletchley (06/03/24)

Mabs

I applied again for Chilterns but not heard anything back.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
Crosscountry have also put me through to a DMI in a few weeks and I thought MMI would be required before that. Others in that process seem to be doing OPC stage 1& 2 currently so i don't know.

I'll just keep doing things as they're sent through and hopefully get a role somewhere.
Sometimes the mmi is first and other times the dmi.

TacoTraveller

Crosscountry have also put me through to a DMI in a few weeks and I thought MMI would be required before that. Others in that process seem to be doing OPC stage 1& 2 currently so i don't know.

I'll just keep doing things as they're sent through and hopefully get a role somewhere.
Crosscountry do DMI then OPC assessments, unlike the more traditional way of assessments then DMI.

I've done the Microsoft forms thing and sent it off. I've done the OPC tests before and passed all to an enhanced level (for Avanti) except for the MMI. Guess I'll find out when they mark the form what comes next

Andreas D

I've done the Microsoft forms thing and sent it off. I've done the OPC tests before and passed all to an enhanced level (for Avanti) except for the MMI. Guess I'll find out when they mark the form what comes next
What sort of question was you asked on the Microsoft form?

12LDA28C

Established Member

It's unlikely you'll have done 'all' the OPC tests as different TOCs use different tests, you'll have just done the ones which Avanti use. There is no catch-all definition of 'enhanced level' as has been discussed many times on this forum.

PK96

Just saw I also have an email about this Forms.

Not asking for in details but is this form more personal or generic train questions being asked?

Or even an example if you don't mind sharing.

I understand if you don't want too

Thanks

mclark87

Have to say I was surprised by the 3rd page of questions, I know they said there's no right or wrong answer but I'd be surprised if some of those options were in any way correct....

12LDA28C

Established Member
Have to say I was surprised by the 3rd page of questions, I know they said there's no right or wrong answer but I'd be surprised if some of those options were in any way correct....

It would be a bit unfair to ask you questions to which none of the answers were applicable...

itsapablo

I'm guessing they mean subjectively there are no right or wrong answers - but as a company there will be preferable answers to them.

TacoTraveller

How long is the MMI valid for? I've lost 2.5 years.
Your results are as standard valid for 5 years, but that is also TOC specific, some still are 5 years some are less

I don't understand the 2.5 years though, are you saying since you passed your tests 2.5 years ago and still waiting to secure a position?

Mabs

How have you lost 2.5 years
By waiting around and failing the DMI. Half of the time is over.

Your results are as standard valid for 5 years, but that is also TOC specific, some still are 5 years some are less

I don't understand the 2.5 years though, are you saying since you passed your tests 2.5 years ago and still waiting to secure a position?
Yes can't seem to get over the line. Seems so close but couldn't find the boost to get over the line.

I've changed my answers so hopefully I get over the line next time.

The DMI isn't easy.

TacoTraveller

By waiting around and failing the DMI. Half of the time is over.

Yes can't seem to get over the line. Seems so close but couldn't find the boost to get over the line.

I've changed my answers so hopefully I get over the line next time.

The DMI isn't easy.
Each to their own, I've just done my MMI for a different toc and I found the DMI far easier than the MMI, the dmi more of a relaxed humourous interview compared to the personality grilling you get with a DMI.

Standard wise you've still got 2.5 years but that will differ depending on what TOC you apply for if they're less or still 5.

Hang on in there, you'll get there eventually

Andreas D

I just received another email saying they would like to do another questionnaire! Has anyone one els received the same email?

mclark87

Has anyone opened the link to see if they are different questions yet? Don’t want to open on my phone in case it starts a timer somewhere or something

Salesy

Has anyone opened the link to see if they are different questions yet? Don’t want to open on my phone in case it starts a timer somewhere or something
The link is exactly the same. It must be the same form.

PK96

I've just opened up the form and it's the same questions in part 2 and 3. I'm going to email the sender to flag this
Does this mean page 1 is different?

It could be an error or a question they forgot to include in page 1 last time and has now been amended.

I've just opened up the form and it's the same questions in part 2 and 3. I'm going to email the sender to flag this
Let us know if you hear back from the sender.

mclark87

Does this mean page 1 is different?

It could be an error or a question they forgot to include in page 1 last time and has now been amended.

Let us know if you hear back from the sender.
Page 1 just asks for your info again like the first one, forgot to mention that

PK96

Page 1 just asks for your info again like the first one, forgot to mention that
Oh right.. well it looks like it's all the same! It's either an error from the sender or maybe... They just want us to re-do.

Mabs

Each to their own, I've just done my MMI for a different toc and I found the DMI far easier than the MMI, the dmi more of a relaxed humourous interview compared to the personality grilling you get with a DMI.

Standard wise you've still got 2.5 years but that will differ depending on what TOC you apply for if they're less or still 5.

Hang on in there, you'll get there eventually
Thank you very much for your advice. The day after your message I got an email for a DMI with SWR.

I did the interview and now I got the job as an Internal driver. My medical is this Friday and I start 29th of April

Once medical done I will cancel all my other applications.

Finally made it. Been a long wait.