• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Apprentice Train Driver - Bletchley (06/03/24)

12LDA28C

Established Member
Thank you very much for your advice. The day after your message I got an email for a DMI with SWR.

I did the interview and now I got the job as an Internal driver. My medical is this Friday and I start 29th of April

Once medical done I will cancel all my other applications.

Finally made it. Been a long wait.

Well done, congratulations. I take it you currently work for SWR in another role?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samzino

Thank you very much for your advice. The day after your message I got an email for a DMI with SWR.

I did the interview and now I got the job as an Internal driver. My medical is this Friday and I start 29th of April

That's fantastic, to be fair one thing SWR seems to do well in is that they have a decent internal progression to Driver role.

Been a long run I've seen in your case to get to a Trainee Mainline driver seat. We'll deserved.

TacoTraveller

Congratulations mate, no need to thank me. It was all you that got yourself there in the end.

Usually my advice is my personal experience but to help others who may be watching/reading this forum.

Enjoy your new position!

mclark87

I did it again last night, exactly the same questions. I did different situations for each of the first three in case they're seeing who just copies and pastes.
Ooooo. I didn’t even think of that just copied and pasted. Hopefully that doesn’t come back to bite me!