• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Trainee Train Driver - Bletchley (06/09/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gemma87

I had my DMI at Banbury last week. Id say very much on par with the MMI. Same sort of tell me a time when you've done xyz type thing but no time to prepare your answers before hand. My advice would be to go through the threads on here. A lot of the questions I found on here and prepared for come up.

Does anyone have any idea when we might hear back? I did ask but they didn't seem to know and said it would be down to HR

NSG

Just completed my OPC test on Friday 24th in Watford. Got through to the final stage, done the 6 interview questions with the OPC. Got to wait to hear if I passed that. Fingers crossed
I completed my OPC test on the 30th in Watford. Have you heard anything back yet? I’m still waiting and tried following up myself but I think that person is no longer active with the company! I have no other way to communicate back to HR, so not sure if it’s part of the process for it to take this long. On the day I was advised between 7 to 10 days.

12LDA28C

Established Member
I completed my OPC test on the 30th in Watford. Have you heard anything back yet? I’m still waiting and tried following up myself but I think that person is no longer active with the company! I have no other way to communicate back to HR, so not sure if it’s part of the process for it to take this long. On the day I was advised between 7 to 10 days.

Chiltern HR are not directly involved with the driver recruitment process so they wouldn't be able to assist.

NSG

Chiltern HR are not directly involved with the driver recruitment process so they wouldn't be able to assist.
Sorry my typo, I asked for a response from the recruitment administrator that forwarded me the details for the assessments.

gemma87

It's Lauren Summers who has been emailing me. I was at the OPC on the 20th November and she emailed me on the 23rd to say I had passed. It might be worth double checking your junk mail folders. She is very responsive to emails to maybe reach out to her.
[email protected]

Or if thats the person you think may have left the only other person I have is the hiring manager but I would only email him as a last resort
[email protected]

NSG

It's Lauren Summers who has been emailing me. I was at the OPC on the 20th November and she emailed me on the 23rd to say I had passed. It might be worth double checking your junk mail folders. She is very responsive to emails to maybe reach out to her.
[email protected]

Or if thats the person you think may have left the only other person I have is the hiring manager but I would only email him as a last resort
[email protected]
Lauren Summers is the person I was originally in contact with, but for some reason my emails are bouncing back as undeliverable. So I had assumed she may no longer be part of the company.

Cuppatea

Anyone know when we’re likely to hear back after DMI?
No idea…. Anyone heard of anything? Do they still have interviews to conduct? Run up to Christmas and New Year can’t have been easy for them to do, so wonder if they still have more to do this side of January maybe?

gemma87

One of the guys who did my interview said he was booked for interviews until mid January. Mine was nearly a month ago now and still not heard anything.

It looks like Lauren Summers has left the company. @NSG said their emails were bouncing back and her LinkedIn shows her leaving in December. I imagine that will slow down any news unfortunately.

HeelBurton

First Bletchley course isn’t until end of March/beginning of April. still interviews I believe to be carried out. I’ll possibly have more news on this next week but I think as always with these roles patience is required. Nothing has moved over the last couple of weeks due to the holidays.

As mirrored by a colleague chiltern HR are not involved with recruitment so no point contacting them.

wasaconductor

Hi wondering if anyone can help is the assessment day with chiltern consist of all test including computer tests?
I got to stage 2 with avanti last year the computer based tests passed all but 1 but now been invited for stage 1 with chiltern any idea what this involves as I thought I'd be OK with stage 1 as I passed previously but hoping that the way chiltern do there stages is different?

clarets2005

Hi wondering if anyone can help is the assessment day with chiltern consist of all test including computer tests?
I got to stage 2 with avanti last year the computer based tests passed all but 1 but now been invited for stage 1 with chiltern any idea what this involves as I thought I'd be OK with stage 1 as I passed previously but hoping that the way chiltern do there stages is different?

You'll likely just have to do the test you didn't pass, and then do the rest from there, if successful.
Stage 1 and 2 are the same across the board, although Avanti do the CBI as opposed to the MMI (which doesn't affect you anyway as you hadn't got that far last time)

Unic0rn

Best of luck to anyone applying and going through their assessments and interviews. Been on my course for nearly 4 months now and loving every day. Plenty of hard work, but so, so worth it, and a great TOC to work for all things considered.
Would you be kind to provide an update on how you are progressing with the training? I'd imagine it is still very exciting yet challenging.

gemma87

I've got my medical booked for the 13th Feb and a potential start date of 25th March. Its already changed from the 1st March so not sure I believe it just yet. Once I get the contract through I might. Anyone else looking at a similar start date?

Cuppatea

I've got my medical booked for the 13th Feb and a potential start date of 25th March. Its already changed from the 1st March so not sure I believe it just yet. Once I get the contract through I might. Anyone else looking at a similar start date?
Me! I had the same. The first email said it could be the 1st but awaiting DFT. so I’ve been told 25th March in new email

gemma87

@gemma87 & @Cuppatea me also!
I had a potential start date of 1st March….& have now been told 25th March.
Had my medical on Friday just gone.
How did it go? Did they tell you straight away if you passed or give a time scale of when you would know?

I’m very excited I must admit!
Me too! I've waited years for an opportunity. I'm not letting myself believe it just yet though. Not until I've got a definite start date then I think I'll believe its all happening

Bluey

I’m very excited I must admit!
Me too @Cuppatea !

How did it go? Did they tell you straight away if you passed or give a time scale of when you would know?

Me too! I've waited years for an opportunity. I'm not letting myself believe it just yet though. Not until I've got a definite start date then I think I'll believe its all happening
It’s 3-5 working days to hear if we’ve passed the medical…they have to send off the drugs test & doctors have to have a closer look at the ecg.

Last edited:

JM5

@Bluey @gemma87 @Cuppatea

I’ve been given the provisional start date of 25th March too and am still trying to get my head around getting this far in the process!

I had a medical today and they gave me an indication that I’d passed it (except the drug test which takes a few days, but I know that’s going to be clear!)

Does anyone know where the training course will be be based? My assumption would be Bletchley, but wasn’t 100% sure as we’ve been all over the place for assessments/interviews!