• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Trainee Train Driver - Bletchley (06/09/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12LDA28C

Established Member
Had finished my Stage 2 on 27/Feb in OPC at Watford. Been told the result will be sent out 7-10days. Had sent email to Arriva but still didn’t hear any feedbacks, what should I do?

Be patient. There's a bit of a delay in proceedings currently, due to circumstances outside Chiltern's control.

SteadyReadyGo

Will this route be driver only or will they be recruiting Train Managers or conductors? If so, does anyone know of the timescales? Thanks.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Now been waiting over a month time but still not hear anything yet. Is it normal

If you've done your OPC tests you could try contacting them to see if you passed, otherwise try getting in touch with any contact you have at recruitment.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Thanks for your advise. Just curious, is that abnormal situation?

No, it's not unusual to hear nothing for some time by any means. Note though that Chiltern do not deal directly with their own recruitment process beyond initial sift of applicants apart from final DMI.

akaa

No, it's not unusual to hear nothing for some time by any means. Note though that Chiltern do not deal directly with their own recruitment process beyond initial sift of applicants apart from final DMI.
That's what I thought literally. I had done the Stage 2 including mmi and then nothing update from both Chiltern or OPC even I had email them for any update. Even I had tried to call Chiltern, and the staff told me would ask colleagues to email me back with the update but none.
Don't want to be too pushy on keep chasing however at least know it still in processing or rejected somehow.

akaa

If you've done your OPC tests you could try contacting them to see if you passed, otherwise try getting in touch with any contact you have at recruitment.
I've reached out to the contact by phone and email but nothing back from TOC of yet.