• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Trainee Train Driver - Bletchley (06/09/23)

12LDA28C

Established Member
@Bluey @gemma87 @Cuppatea

I’ve been given the provisional start date of 25th March too and am still trying to get my head around getting this far in the process!

I had a medical today and they gave me an indication that I’d passed it (except the drug test which takes a few days, but I know that’s going to be clear!)

Does anyone know where the training course will be be based? My assumption would be Bletchley, but wasn’t 100% sure as we’ve been all over the place for assessments/interviews!

Your classroom training will most likely take place in Banbury or Aylesbury. Chiltern don't have any premises in place at Bletchley yet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cuppatea

@Bluey @gemma87 @Cuppatea

I’ve been given the provisional start date of 25th March too and am still trying to get my head around getting this far in the process!

I had a medical today and they gave me an indication that I’d passed it (except the drug test which takes a few days, but I know that’s going to be clear!)

Does anyone know where the training course will be be based? My assumption would be Bletchley, but wasn’t 100% sure as we’ve been all over the place for assessments/interviews!
Congratulations!!

So exciting isn’t it! As below comment from 12LDA28C, training will be held in Banbury & Aylesbury. ☺️

As we are provisionally the 25th course, do you want to setup a WhatsApp group maybe?

Congratulations!!

So exciting isn’t it! As below comment from 12LDA28C, training will be held in Banbury & Aylesbury. ☺️

As we are provisionally the 25th course, do you want to setup a WhatsApp group maybe?

@Bluey @gemma87 @JM5

JM5

If anyone wants to be in a WhatsApp group, message me you numbers and I’ll create a group for us

I imagine once the contract with DFT is completed, contracts will soon follow.
I’ll join, is there a way to private message on here?

If anyone wants to be in a WhatsApp group, message me you numbers and I’ll create a group for us

I imagine once the contract with DFT is completed, contracts will soon follow.

Chuck me in, probably a lot easier to talk on there.

Any idea what time frame we're looking at?

I know we're still a bit far out from the provisional date but I'm just wondering as I haven't handed in my notice yet and can't really do so until everything is concrete.

It was also noted in the email, not to hand in any notices either.

Click on the persons name and then 'start conversation'.

JM5

Chuck me in, probably a lot easier to talk on there.

I know we're still a bit far out from the provisional date but I'm just wondering as I haven't handed in my notice yet and can't really do so until everything is concrete.

It was also noted in the email, not to hand in any notices either.

Click on the persons name and then 'start conversation'.
I’m in the same position regarding my notice, complication I have is I’m on a 8 week notice period!

I’ve not got the option to ‘start conversation’ - I’ve just looked it up and apparently it’s because I’m new to the forum.

I’m in the same position regarding my notice, complication I have is I’m on a 8 week notice period!

I’ve not got the option to ‘start conversation’ - I’ve just looked it up and apparently it’s because I’m new to the forum.

Similar situation, I have less of a notice period but my role requires a bit of a wind down and a handing over period.

I'll message you.

12LDA28C

Established Member

You'd need to speak to the DfT about that I'm afraid, it's not within Chiltern's control.

Rofmeister

Congratulations to all that have been given the great news! :)

What does happen if you are unable to start in March due to having a notice period of 8 weeks (or more)?

12LDA28C

Established Member

What does happen if you are unable to start in March due to having a notice period of 8 weeks (or more)?

I assume you would be moved onto the next course, currently planned to start in late June

To be honest, I imagine a lot of people would come to an agreement with their current employer that they cannot do the 8 weeks notice and figure out a way.

I suppose it depends on what role it is though and how strict the notice period is.

I believe you can also choose to work no notice at all if you want, but your employer can chase back costs, but it goes through a court process etc.

Kel97

Hello all I recently got accepted for a trainee drivers position for Chiltern railways at there new Bletchley depot. But since then it has all gone quiet does anyone know if it’s still going ahead this east west railway with Chilterns

Hello all I recently got accepted for a trainee drivers position for Chiltern railways at there new Bletchley depot. But since then it has all gone quiet does anyone know if it’s still going ahead this east west railway with Chilterns

What course start date were you allocated? From my understanding there is three in total.

Kel97

I received my offer in the beginning of January with a proposed start date of 1st of march which then got moved to the 25th of march but all has gone quiet and I need to give notice to my current employer

I will join too not sure how to private message

I received my offer in the beginning of January with a proposed start date of 1st of march which then got moved to the 25th of march but all has gone quiet and I need to give notice to my current employer

There's quite a few of us in a similar position. Not really sure what anyone can really do but wait. I know they said don't hand your notice in until you get a contract but I can imagine there are people who are getting close or already have gone into the notice period they were supposed to give.

Have you tried speaking to someone at HR?

I'll add you to the private chat. - edit: turns out I dont know how!

Kel97

There's quite a few of us in a similar position. Not really sure what anyone can really do but wait. I know they said don't hand your notice in until you get a contract but I can imagine there are people who are getting close or already have gone into the notice period they were supposed to give.

Have you tried speaking to someone at HR?

I'll add you to the private chat. - edit: turns out I dont know how!
Yeah I believe there is a few of us in the same position. My notice needs to be handed in next week at the very latest. I have spoken to someone at HR and the email I got last Friday was that they are awaiting the go ahead from the HR director. Not entirely sure what that means.
Ahh I don’t know how to get added either.

Yeah I believe there is a few of us in the same position. My notice needs to be handed in next week at the very latest. I have spoken to someone at HR and the email I got last Friday was that they are awaiting the go ahead from the HR director. Not entirely sure what that means.
Ahh I don’t know how to get added either.

Yeah, mine should have went in a while back to transition and wind down smoothly but that ship has sailed.

I'm not too sure either, last I heard was awaiting contracts from the DfT.

I'll send you a private message of who to contact for the whatsapp.

Kel97

Hi can I be part of the group chat I’ve been given a start date of 25th too can’t private message you though until you’ve messaged me

Patch78

Hi, I also have a previsional start date of 25th March, I need to give 8 weeks notice at my current employment so I’m well passed that. Had an email today from HR saying they are still in negotiations with DFT and will send out employment contracts when the DFT contract is signed.
In the meantime if there’s a private group or WhatsApp group going I’d like to join please.

Eve807

Also got given a provisional date of 25th March. I chased up with Chiltern HR about a week ago and got told that they are still waiting for the DFT to sign off. I've just had my medical last week. If there's a private chat/what's app please can I be added?

akaa

Had finished my Stage 2 on 27/Feb in OPC at Watford. Been told the result will be sent out 7-10days. Had sent email to Arriva but still didn’t hear any feedbacks, what should I do?

TacoTraveller

Had finished my Stage 2 on 27/Feb in OPC at Watford. Been told the result will be sent out 7-10days. Had sent email to Arriva but still didn’t hear any feedbacks, what should I do?
27th of February was 7 days ago.. the 7-10 days doesn't include weekends.