• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Train Drivers (08/12/22)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dbabs

Hi all - I’m looking for some info (or perhaps, reassurance) …

Middle of last year I received a call from XC confirming I had passed the assessments and DMI and would hear something around August/September about next steps, with a possible course date of February (Birmingham applicant).

Unfortunately I haven’t heard anything since - and still have a medical to go. I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat? I assume I wouldn’t have been ‘forgotten’ but of course the mind goes there…

I did reach out beginning of January but haven’t heard back. I appreciate railway recruitment can be slow, and I haven’t wanted to pester anyone - but having mentally checked out of my current job back in May when I got the XC call, it’s safe to say it’s been a long 9 months !!

Thanks!

jojotrains

Hi all - I’m looking for some info (or perhaps, reassurance) …

Middle of last year I received a call from XC confirming I had passed the assessments and DMI and would hear something around August/September about next steps, with a possible course date of February (Birmingham applicant).

Unfortunately I haven’t heard anything since - and still have a medical to go. I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat? I assume I wouldn’t have been ‘forgotten’ but of course the mind goes there…

I did reach out beginning of January but haven’t heard back. I appreciate railway recruitment can be slow, and I haven’t wanted to pester anyone - but having mentally checked out of my current job back in May when I got the XC call, it’s safe to say it’s been a long 9 months !!

Thanks!
Similar situation here, passed the OPEC assessments last May, Plymouth applicant. Was offered a place on a course starting 2 weeks from then, but couldn’t make it work with current work commitments. Kicking myself for not just jumping at the offer and figuring it out later.

Does anyone have any visibility on whether recruitment is ongoing?

TacoTraveller

Similar situation here, passed the OPEC assessments last May, Plymouth applicant. Was offered a place on a course starting 2 weeks from then, but couldn’t make it work with current work commitments. Kicking myself for not just jumping at the offer and figuring it out later.

Does anyone have any visibility on whether recruitment is ongoing?
There's a new drive of recruitment that's been going on since September last year, there's a thread about it on this forum.

Edit: I've just remembered, if you're a Plymouth applicant and didn't take the offered place at the time you're probably in the talent pool for Plymouth, but the latest recruitment drive didn't include Plymouth, so you may be waiting until a spot opens.

Last edited: