• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Train Drivers (08/12/22)

TEK2021

Anyone on the forum heading down today for the course starting tomorrow and booked in for the 5pm taxi (today) at Derby?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dbabs

Hello all, first post here. I have finally calmed down from receiving the great news that I successfully passed all OPC assessments including MMI. For now I have been told to hang tight for a start date which is expected to be in the new year. (A great test of patience!)
This site has been absolutely invaluable and I just came on here to say thank you, and I hope I'll be able to offer help where I can going forward. :)

EmmD

Hello all, first post here. I have finally calmed down from receiving the great news that I successfully passed all OPC assessments including MMI. For now I have been told to hang tight for a start date which is expected to be in the new year. (A great test of patience!)
This site has been absolutely invaluable and I just came on here to say thank you, and I hope I'll be able to offer help where I can going forward. :)
That’s good news ! Which depot are you waiting for ?

PHB2203

I received that amazing phone call today that I passed all my OPC assessments and MMI. They also told me to hang tight for a start date most likely to be January or February next year. I’m over the moon still can’t believe it especially as it was my first time applying.

dbabs

I received that amazing phone call today that I passed all my OPC assessments and MMI. They also told me to hang tight for a start date most likely to be January or February next year. I’m over the moon still can’t believe it especially as it was my first time applying.
The best news, congrats!

DJP78

On Moderation
Awesome news

You’ll love it!!

DBdave

Hi both, can I just ask are you guys internal hires as it seems the way that the recruitment has been going recently

Thanks

Also congrats to all that have had start dates confirmed

JH-OB

Just gone to my portal to check my application (for Bristol) is still ‘Application in Progress’, but now saying I haven’t applied for any jobs! I passed the RAAT on Dec, but not heard anything since. Has anyone else’s changed without any notification?

Has anyone got a contact number for XC Recruitment so I can ask for feedback/what’s going on please?

Last edited:

BoTheRigger

Just gone to my portal to check my application (for Bristol) is still ‘Application in Progress’, but now saying I haven’t applied for any jobs! I passed the RAAT on Dec, but not heard anything since. Has anyone else’s changed without any notification?

Has anyone got a contact number for XC Recruitment so I can ask for feedback/what’s going on please?
I've just checked my DB portal and noticed that my application is nowhere to be seen... The last communication I received from them was an email back in December telling me to standby for any more news. I also applied for Bristol.

Only contact I could find was; [email protected].

Going to send them an email now!

Driver068

As far as i am aware, experienced this myself last year...Apparently it times out on the system but does not mean your application is no longer live or unsuccessful.
I enquired this with my application 12 months ago and HR said what ive mentioned above.

Hope this helps

BoTheRigger

As far as i am aware, experienced this myself last year...Apparently it times out on the system but does not mean your application is no longer live or unsuccessful.
I enquired this with my application 12 months ago and HR said what ive mentioned above.

Hope this helps
Thanks 068. I hope that's the case!

JH-OB

I've just checked my DB portal and noticed that my application is nowhere to be seen... The last communication I received from them was an email back in December telling me to standby for any more news. I also applied for Bristol.

Only contact I could find was; [email protected].

Going to send them an email now!
Hi Mate,

I also emailed: [email protected] if you’re anted to?

dereksingh291

On Moderation
Just logged into my db careers account and noticed my applications for the role of Apprentice Train Driver with CrossCountry based at Leicester and Birmingham New Street have disappeared off my careers portal, does this mean I am unsuccessful now?

Driver068

Hope this helps
As above

LST

Has anyone who’s passed all their tests (and waiting for a medical and start date) had any information as to when the start date may be for the training courses?

PHB2203

Has anyone who’s passed all their tests (and waiting for a medical and start date) had any information as to when the start date may be for the training courses?
No still waiting for them to contact me .Was originally told January or February time when they called me to say I had passed.

LST

Yeah same for me, just curious that’s all; that date is fast approaching! Seems like we’re in the same boat, thanks for replying though

PHB2203

Yeah same for me, just curious that’s all; that date is fast approaching! Seems like we’re in the same boat, thanks for replying though
Yeah I know I have been trying to get an update from them but no joy as yet. like you say it’s fast approaching and need to get stuff sorted if it’s to go ahead early new year. I hope we will find out more info soon,I assume they are busy with the new recruitment drive and waiting on finding out priority from individual depots?

LST

Yeah I know I have been trying to get an update from them but no joy as yet. like you say it’s fast approaching and need to get stuff sorted if it’s to go ahead early new year. I hope we will find out more info soon,I assume they are busy with the new recruitment drive and waiting on finding out priority from individual depots?
Fingers crossed it’s soon. I think, from people I’ve spoken to is the amount of courses that are available and then that links in with which depots need the courses first etc.