• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Train Drivers (08/12/22)

tedbaker

Just had the good news that I’ve passed my DMI for Birmingham and would be looking at a June start. I’ve already passed my OPC testing so hopefully it’ll just be a medical.

Also had the good news that I'll be starting in June pending a medical. I'll see you on the course, mate. Congratulations :D

Congratulations both, I’ll see you there!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEK2021

Well done all, does anyone on the forum have the other position for Edinburgh? Starting in June

TEK2021

Yeah I've got my start but I don't know about the second place so you might still be in with a chance. Edinburgh was pretty far down the list for needing drivers so they might still be sorting through

Buffer stop

Yeah I've got my start but I don't know about the second place so you might still be in with a chance. Edinburgh was pretty far down the list for needing drivers so they might still be sorting through

Congratulation mate! Where you already in the railway? I always think this helps.

TEK2021

Thanks :) nah I worked as a hazardous substance consultant. I guess the health and safety experience helped and that I had worked on railway sites conducting surveys so was comfortable with the procedures

Timmnta

Yes pal. Received mine 2 days ago, signed and sent everything back today. Got my medical next week then hopefully can relax until June.
Yeah had mine Friday in the end, sent everything back as well, awaiting medical dates

dereksingh291

On Moderation
Hi guys I applied for this Apprentice Train Driver role with CrossCountry Trains for Birmingham New Street back in December 2022 then received an invite and completed the RAAT test back in December 2022 but not had an email to say I failed but also I haven't heard anything yet for a couple of months now however my application is still in process on the careers website, just wanted to ask will I hear anything from CrossCountry later on down the line?

Thanks.

TEK2021

Nothing yet, I submitted my notice with my current employer yesterday so I hope it comes through relatively soon :lol:
Haha! I'm the same. Have you had your medical and offer sent through yeah?

Hi guys I applied for this Apprentice Train Driver role with CrossCountry Trains for Birmingham New Street back in December 2022 then received an invite and completed the RAAT test back in December 2022 but not had an email to say I failed but also I haven't heard anything yet for a couple of months now however my application is still in process on the careers website, just wanted to ask will I hear anything from CrossCountry later on down the line?

Thanks.
It took me almost 2.5 years to finally get started, everybody has always told me it moves very slowly so don't lose hope. Very often you get a phone call or an email out the blue. From my experience anyway. Good luck

tedbaker

Haha! I'm the same. Have you had your medical and offer sent through yeah?

Yep, all done and everything is signed. The only thing needed will be a reference from my current employer (XC kindly held back from requesting given it was February when I received the offer and I didn’t want to have an awkward 3.5 months at work!)

TEK2021

Yep, all done and everything is signed. The only thing needed will be a reference from my current employer (XC kindly held back from requesting given it was February when I received the offer and I didn’t want to have an awkward 3.5 months at work!)
Amazing hopefully we hear soon then

Timmnta

Nothing yet, I submitted my notice with my current employer yesterday so I hope it comes through relatively soon :lol:
Yeah my notice went in a couple weeks back. Spoke to Andy, he said the training centre will be in touch with us closer to the start date with information

Timmnta

Yeah my notice went in a couple weeks back. Spoke to Andy, he said the training centre will be in touch with us closer to the start date with information
Had an email from the training centre yesterday, all looks great. Induction week 19th then into the rules the week after.

Any golfers on the June course? Thinking of taking my clubs but don’t want to be the only one rocking up with them

tedbaker

Had an email from the training centre yesterday, all looks great. Induction week 19th then into the rules the week after.

Any golfers on the June course? Thinking of taking my clubs but don’t want to be the only one rocking up with them
19th? My induction starts on the 5th - are there two cohorts running (almost) side by side?

P.s. I’m no good at golf :lol:

TEK2021

I'm down on the 5th as well :) 2 groups of 8 from what I understand so we'll be down together for most of it. I'm sure it'll be the same hotels

Timmnta

19th? My induction starts on the 5th - are there two cohorts running (almost) side by side?

P.s. I’m no good at golf :lol:
Must be mate, I got a call from them yesterday asking if I could start Monday so maybe your group has had a drop out? On holiday so I can’t unfortunately but looking forward to the 19th regardless!