• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Train Drivers (08/12/22)

EchoMike

New here and just came across this thread.

I have been successful in my application to join XC at the Cambridge depot.

After application and RAAT I was invited to psychometrics before DMI (as the DM at Cambridge has been off work) and then ended up having DMI at Leicester. Found out the next day (last week) that I was successful at interview.

Absolutely chuffed to bits to have got it, was offered 27th Feb start date but unfortunately couldn’t take it as it was less than a month’s notice. Fingers crossed will be in the next cohort in June (ish), but awaiting final details from XC.
Congratulations. Good luck on everything.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DJP78

On Moderation
Well done and congratulations

June will come around quickly

After application and RAAT I was invited to psychometrics before DMI (as the DM at Cambridge has been off work) and then ended up having DMI at Leicester. Found out the next day (last week) that I was successful at interview.

Absolutely chuffed to bits to have got it, was offered 27th Feb start date but unfortunately couldn’t take it as it was less than a month’s notice. Fingers crossed will be in the next cohort in June (ish), but awaiting final details from XC.

Frothy_B

Congratulations! It's also great to hear some update of progress for Cambridge applications as it's likely that I'm out of the running there so I can put my mind at rest about that location.

Some lovely and historic sections of track you'll be driving between Ely and Leicester, it really appealed to me when I put in my application for there :)

tedbaker

Congratulations. Good luck on everything.
Thanks!

Well done and congratulations

June will come around quickly
Feels like a lifetime right now

Congratulations! It's also great to hear some update of progress for Cambridge applications as it's likely that I'm out of the running there so I can put my mind at rest about that location.

Some lovely and historic sections of track you'll be driving between Ely and Leicester, it really appealed to me when I put in my application for there :)
Thanks! I used to travel quite regularly between Cambridge-Ely-Peterborough, very scenic (and very flat) part of the country.

Congrats from me also. Probably be speaking after you are fully trained and let loose on the high iron.
Thanks! A while to go yet but hopefully that day will come around before I know it.

LauraC23

Hi all, new to the forums! I've been invited to a DMI on 14th March for Plymouth. Anyone else? I believe there were 3 dates available.

PHB2203

So after nearly a month I today found out I passed the DMI but they can’t tell me when the OPC test will be yet. They are waiting on other applicants to progress to this stage before sending to the test centre. And I had almost given up hope :)

JH-OB

So after nearly a month I today found out I passed the DMI but they can’t tell me when the OPC test will be yet. They are waiting on other applicants to progress to this stage before sending to the test centre. And I had almost given up hope :)
Congratulations. Which depot(s) have you applied for?

Does anyone have an email address to contact the HR department?
You could try: [email protected]

FoxtrotOscar

Congrats mate well done. They said they would let me know end of this week for Leicester but experience with Railway interviews tells me will be a longer wait than that for me aswell! Wasn’t too happy with the interview tho so hopes are minimal

Frothy_B

Congrats mate well done. They said they would let me know end of this week for Leicester but experience with Railway interviews tells me will be a longer wait than that for me aswell! Wasn’t too happy with the interview tho so hopes are minimal
Would you mind if I PM'd you regarding Leicester?

Loco roco

Congrats that’s good news although it looks like they made you sweat on it..

Good luck for the next stage.

rowea

I have just come across this thread and have been checking on a regular basis. the site we go to is a german based site and I could never find the apprentice train driver roles when I looked. Daft question, but are they still recruiting or have I missed it

DJP78

On Moderation
I have just come across this thread and have been checking on a regular basis. the site we go to is a german based site and I could never find the apprentice train driver roles when I looked. Daft question, but are they still recruiting or have I missed it
Unfortunately yes. The application closed back in Dec 2022

You need to setup a DB Shenker profile and then check the job ads via the jobs portal link on your Shenker profile. Don’t rely on any other links !!

In my experience, jobs on the DB Shenker link don’t always appear on the XC careers link

bcfc171081

I don’t really mind not hearing anything, just wish they’d update portal to end of process if you’re out haha I must add about 100 visits a week to their website traffic lol

Frothy_B

Just had an email re: Leicester. Was unsuccessful at the DMI stage. Not massively surprised but a bit gutted all the same. I'd hoped to at least get a crack at the OPC tests.

Is it worth it to contact HR to ask for feedback, or will they just give you "corporate speak" like the email?

Best of luck to everyone who's already had an offer or have progressed from the DMI!

voyager2023

Just had an email re: Leicester. Was unsuccessful at the DMI stage. Not massively surprised but a bit gutted all the same. I'd hoped to at least get a crack at the OPC tests.

Is it worth it to contact HR to ask for feedback, or will they just give you "corporate speak" like the email?

Best of luck to everyone who's already had an offer or have progressed from the DMI!
Think you should! If you get the corporate speak then so be it. But you may get constructive feedback so surely it will be worth it just to try?