• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Train Drivers (08/12/22)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHB2203

How was the interview?
It went well I thought both the people who interviewed me were really nice and seem positive but it is hard to tell if I done well or not. It’s been 3 weeks and haven’t heard anything so I assume there were better candidates but still holding on for a little miracle to come my way.

I was thinking about retracting application after failing the CBI for Avanti at the beginning of January but given the speed of progress for Birmingham depot I may well hear back for the next stage after RAAT in time for the 6 months to have passed :lol:

Wyrleybart

Established Member
It went well I thought both the people who interviewed me were really nice and seem positive but it is hard to tell if I done well or not. It’s been 3 weeks and haven’t heard anything so I assume there were better candidates but still holding on for a little miracle to come my way.
As a matter of interest were they female ?
Bournemouth XC depot managers are all female, two DTMs two CSMs and the Team Org !!

Loco roco

Just checked my db account for my Plymouth application and has been updated to assessment over the last couple of days from application in process. Based on that they may look to be recruiting additional people to other locations also?

Frothy_B

Just checked my db account for my Plymouth application and has been updated to assessment over the last couple of days from application in process. Based on that they may look to be recruiting additional people to other locations also?
Hopefully. Cambridge still saying App in progress.

EchoMike

That's cool, evidence suggests you should at least get a DMI with that change. Good luck.

Frothy_B

Is it just Cambridge you applied for?
No I'm due to have a DMI for Leicester next week. The Cambridge application is interesting to me as it seems no one else here has applied for it, so I have nothing to gauge it's progress (or lack of) on.

Although, we assumed Plymouth was sorted and it nows appears not, so who can say really? It may not be over untill an application says "unsuccessful"

Loco roco

No I'm due to have a DMI for Leicester next week. The Cambridge application is interesting to me as it seems no one else here has applied for it, so I have nothing to gauge it's progress (or lack of) on.

Although, we assumed Plymouth was sorted and it nows appears not, so who can say really? It may not be over untill an application says "unsuccessful"
Good luck for next week let us know how it goes.. yeah I think they’re all going at different speeds.

I thought the same as application was just showing as in progress I just assumed it was a no since fixed was offered a position there. But gives some hope to the rest of us..

DJP78

On Moderation

Good luck mate

Smash it. Be confident. Hit them with everything ….. Bosh !! :lol:

DJP78

On Moderation
Anyone applied for Moor Street. Also after the RAAT they send is the next stage an in person test then an offer?
Next stage after RAAT is DMI (Driver Manager Interview) aka final interview as far as the outside world is concerned

If successful @ interview, then you get invited to the psychometrics

If successful once more, next step is formal offer subject to a medical

XC do the DMI before psychometrics. Most TOC's do psychometrics then DMI. I believe the idea is to prevent wasting money on putting candidates through the psychometrics who then turn out to fail the DMI

DJP78

On Moderation
In that case, forget my earlier reply about stages after RAAT. No idea what Chiltern Railways do on recruitment lol

tedbaker

New here and just came across this thread.

I have been successful in my application to join XC at the Cambridge depot.

After application and RAAT I was invited to psychometrics before DMI (as the DM at Cambridge has been off work) and then ended up having DMI at Leicester. Found out the next day (last week) that I was successful at interview.

Absolutely chuffed to bits to have got it, was offered 27th Feb start date but unfortunately couldn’t take it as it was less than a month’s notice. Fingers crossed will be in the next cohort in June (ish), but awaiting final details from XC.

Esurient

New here and just came across this thread.

I have been successful in my application to join XC at the Cambridge depot.

After application and RAAT I was invited to psychometrics before DMI (as the DM at Cambridge has been off work) and then ended up having DMI at Leicester. Found out the next day (last week) that I was successful at interview.

Absolutely chuffed to bits to have got it, was offered 27th Feb start date but unfortunately couldn’t take it as it was less than a month’s notice. Fingers crossed will be in the next cohort in June (ish), but awaiting final details from XC.
Congratulations & good luck. Will see you around, I was a guard at Cambridge but now gone driving. Very good bunch of folk down Cambridge depot.