• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Depot Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

302PS

We all feel that way bri
It was all go go go in February and now nothing

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bluebri

Starting to look like the rumours of a course on the 6th may have been misguided. Haven't heard of anyone else getting the nod to start. I know someone going for the Mainline job has had his medical (internal as well I think) but not heard anything about anyone else. With the announcement about the Franchise last week, I wonder whether they were waiting for that and now they have a green light, as it were, have they changed their logistic and training plans around it? Could be a good thing as I hear they are getting thin on the ground, and with the depot expansions, they are going to need a good few MDD's to cope soon. Or is that just wishful thinking?

Bluebri

Have done. No news is the reply. Sounds like the Franchise extension talk and the electrification plans are the issue. I don't think Northern want to commit to anything until they have a clear way forwards. All they know is that they will need plenty of Drivers and MDD's, hence the recruitment, but as yet, have no idea when they will need them.

I suppose I will go with the old saying, no news is good news.

pweb32

Ive had no news either Bri your one step ahead of me though aren't you I haven't done assessment 2 yet

ste

Northern are keeping it till 2016 been agreed and the course is the 9th the lad I know has had is contract already and is medical is at Leeds

pweb32

got the second part of the assessment 16th april Manchester anyone else hear ?

pweb32

got the email today ,absolutely made up Ive passed good luck to anybody else

Champo

Just got the same email I think mate, just says I've passed and it'll last for 6 months. Guess that means talent pool. Hopefully there'll be another email soon regarding job eh.
Forgot to find out who you were the other day, I was the slaphead who did MMI first.

pweb32

well in champo, yeah sounds like the same email. Yeah forgot myself haha I was the tall guy who had been living in Australia for the last few years. Ill let you know if I hear anything else, do you have any contact with any of the other guys and know their results

Champo

well in champo, yeah sounds like the same email. Yeah forgot myself haha I was the tall guy who had been living in Australia last few years. Ill let you know if I hear anything else, do you have any contact with any of the other guys and know their results

Yeh, well done mate. No haven't got any contact with anyone, just you and 'bluebri'. Do you reckon it means we weren't successful or they were just letting us know that we'd passed the tests ?
Hopefully the latter eh.

pweb32

dunno about your email but mine said id met the required standard , I take that to mean Ive passed the assessment

Beveridges

Established Member
Vacancies for Maintenance Depot Driving roles are few in number. It is a grade of a very few highly skilled individuals. Don't be suprised if you are waiting for a long time for a course start date as vacancies are very few and far between.

It is not like Mainline Driving or Conductors roles where there are very many of them and courses can be run 9 or 10 times per year.

Bluebri

dunno about your email but mine said id met the required standard , I take that to mean Ive passed the assessment

That's what mine said when I had passed, but just sat in the pool now in limbo like everyone else. I spoke to a Depot Driver yesterday from Allerton and they have got 4 internal candidates coming through form the April 8th course, so looks like we will have to be patient. He said that they will need plenty more by Christmas, so hopefully by the end of the summer we should know either way. Frustrating though.

pweb32

Been in the pool now for a month for the allerton depot role, just wondering if anybody had any news

Status
Not open for further replies.