• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Yorkshire Motor Services, now part of Go-Ahead

vla50

When are 284/5 expected to enter service (the 2 09 reg Enviros)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eyersey468

Established Member
When are 284/5 expected to enter service (the 2 09 reg Enviros)?
284 is at Scarborough now I believe, I'm not sure if 285 has arrived there but will try and find out for you.

Edited to add I am told 285 was at Pickering the other day for some work to be done inside it.

Established Member
284 is at Scarborough now I believe, I'm not sure if 285 has arrived there but will try and find out for you.

Edited to add I am told 285 was at Pickering the other day for some work to be done inside it.
284 was tracking on bus times earlier on the 7A in Scarborough.

Linked below is a photo of Transbus 300 YX56DZM now renumbered 8274

Does anyone know what is planned for it, and if the others 271-273/275 will be following ? Thanks

cnjb8

Established Member

Does anyone know what is planned for it, and if the others 271-273/275 will be following ? Thanks
It looks like it’s being converted to a driver training vehicle, which would make no sense as the B7RLEs are receiving this treatment

RM-Taylor

274 was pained white and is being used as a mobile covid vaccine unit - hence the additional door on the near side. I’m not 100% sure but I believe this will re-enter service.

Last edited:

sbrignall72

796 and 797 have entered service at Elloughton today, the first of the 4 due for the 55.

Eyersey468

Established Member
96 has entered service, though 200 is still in service at the moment. In the paint shop is 507 and 795 in body shop

Eyersey468

Established Member
There are several service changes happening at the beginning of September with the Hornsea and Beverley services, amongst others the 240 is replaced by the 24, 122, 80 and 246 withdrawn and replaced by the 23 and 25 and the Swinemoor and Molescroft services are combined into one. Pocklington depot also gets the 195, 196 and 199 back. 514 is currently in paint shop with 729 complete from body shop and awaiting painting.

Ilovetrains43

On Moderation
There are several service changes happening at the beginning of September with the Hornsea and Beverley services, amongst others the 240 is replaced by the 24, 122, 80 and 246 withdrawn and replaced by the 23 and 25 and the Swinemoor and Molescroft services are combined into one. Pocklington depot also gets the 195, 196 and 199 back. 514 is currently in paint shop with 729 complete from body shop and awaiting painting.
Where did you get that from? I checked EY's website and it says nothing about that.

And isn't the 103 returning in September? I remember reading that on their website.

Last edited:

Eyersey468

Established Member
Where did you get that from? I checked EY's website and it says nothing about that.

And isn't the 103 returning in September? I remember reading that on their website.
I am a driver at EY, I got it from the staff newsletter. Information will be on the website soon. Yes the 103 is as far as I know returning in September

Established Member

RM-Taylor

506, 507 and 514 have just been repainted. I imagine it would be one of these as it only requires one vehicle.

Eyersey468

Established Member
506, 507 and 514 have just been repainted. I imagine it would be one of these as it only requires one vehicle.
I think it might be 510 and/or 511 that gets branded in the Beverley Locals livery as they have just transferred to Hull and haven't yet been repainted.

RM-Taylor

I think it might be 510 and/or 511 that gets branded in the Beverley Locals livery as they have just transferred to Hull and haven't yet been repainted
Hasn’t 511 transferred to Withernsea depot with 512 over at Anlaby Road at the minute?

RM-Taylor

Rumour has it they are going to get Eastrider branding for the Hornsea corridor
Presumably that means 363/4/5/6 will get the same treatment. Although they would still need double-deckers to operate the 937 and BC3, which then resumed roles on the Hornsea corridor (unless these get changed).

Eyersey468

Established Member
Presumably that means 363/4/5/6 will get the same treatment. Although they would still need double-deckers to operate the 937 and BC3, which then resumed roles on the Hornsea corridor (unless these get changed).
Not to my knowledge. There has been talk of 367/8 also getting Eastrider branding for the corridor, though I have also heard B5s mentioned.

Bc3 and 937 are now on a separate rota so it wouldn't affect allocations. Yesterday saw the likes of 27*s and Centros on the 23/24.

Eyersey468

Established Member
Emergency timetables are being brought in on some Hull routes over the next few days due to driver shortages. Affected routes include the 54, 63, 66, 103 and 105.

RELL6L

There have been some other changes that have sneaked under the radar (or at least mine).

The East Yorkshire website proudly announces a new service X28 from Scarborough to Helmsley. But what has actually happened to the 128 is that alternate journeys (numbered X28) have been speeded up by missing out some villages, making them about 15 minutes quicker to Kirkbymoorside, while the other journeys now terminate at Kirkbymoorside and do not go to Helmsley. Ruston village is dropped altogether and Wombleton loses most journeys. As a result the round trip time either way is comfortably under three hours so the route can run on a three hour cycle. I guess the quicker journeys will be good for some but many villages and the far end only have buses every two hours instead of hourly. And despite three school buses arriving in Pickering around 8.30 there is no bus from Pickering to Scarborough between 8.45 and 10.22. Couldn't one hang around and come back from Kirkbymoorside at say 9.10? Hmmm. And while it means the buses can get round every three hours the drivers can't as to do two consecutive round trips without a break would still be too long for a single shift. And if you just read what is on the website page you'd think they were selling us an improvement!

Meanwhile the 45 & 46 have changed with the first eastbound 45A starting in the middle of nowhere instead of at Pocklington, meaning the first feasible arrival in Bridlington is two hour later.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
There have been some other changes that have sneaked under the radar (or at least mine).

The East Yorkshire website proudly announces a new service X28 from Scarborough to Helmsley. But what has actually happened to the 128 is that alternate journeys (numbered X28) have been speeded up by missing out some villages, making them about 15 minutes quicker to Kirkbymoorside, while the other journeys now terminate at Kirkbymoorside and do not go to Helmsley. Ruston village is dropped altogether and Wombleton loses most journeys. As a result the round trip time either way is comfortably under three hours so the route can run on a three hour cycle. I guess the quicker journeys will be good for some but many villages and the far end only have buses every two hours instead of hourly. And despite three school buses arriving in Pickering around 8.30 there is no bus from Pickering to Scarborough between 8.45 and 10.22. Couldn't one hang around and come back from Kirkbymoorside at say 9.10? Hmmm. And while it means the buses can get round every three hours the drivers can't as to do two consecutive round trips without a break would still be too long for a single shift. And if you just read what is on the website page you'd think they were selling us an improvement!

Meanwhile the 45 & 46 have changed with the first eastbound 45A starting in the middle of nowhere instead of at Pocklington, meaning the first feasible arrival in Bridlington is two hour later.
I guess the 128/X28 is a way of reducing the PVR by 25% without adversely impacting the main route from Scarborough to Pickering. The faster times are a positive but guess that's something tempered by the loss of the hourly service past Kirkbymoorside. I might add that prior to twirly passes, the service was hourly to Pickering and only two hourly west of there. In this times, perhaps it is the best way of reducing the costs whilst protecting most of the route.

Mind you, I really missed a trick by never having done the full 128/138 Scarborough to Ripon service before its demise in 1986.

HullRailMan

Hull station was a shambles on Saturday with numerous consecutive services cancelled on some routes, seemingly with little attempt to spread the disruption between routes.
It's interesting to see the website say they have a driver shortage due to a lack of recruitment, not just sickness; they're clearly struggling to keep staff. Funnily enough I heard a couple of drivers in Beverley the other day complaining how bad things have got since Go North East took over. It's sad to see how the service ethos has gone out of the window.