• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ECML Disruption 02/11 - Huntingdon / Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just had a ping from a mate I am waiting to pick him up from the station and he has told me not to bother as his train is delayed/ cancelled. I don’t know what train it were apart from it were an LNER train and would have been out of Kings Cross. I just wondered if anyone had any sort of clue what is going on and if the issues are widespread, as I were planning on travelling on the line at the weekend and obviously my mate’s down there now.
Thanks in advance for any help/insight it is much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Banham7

Damage to the overhead wires in the Biggleswade-Peterborough area. LNER have sent the Lincoln-Kings Cross (1B87) service via Ely and Cambridge, so it sounds pretty bad.

jfollows

Established Member

Warrior2852

Haven't seen a thread on this yet so apologies if there is one, there is currently a major ongoing power failure around Edinburgh, all the signals for quite some distance in all directions are blocked, not sure on what the exact nature of it is or what exactly is broken, I know someone who was offloaded at Linlithgow.

https://twitter.com/NetworkRailSCOT/status/1720121547132637233
We're responding to a loss of power to the electricity supply in the Edinburgh area. Investigations are underway & we will provide a further update as soon as possible. Please check with your service provider for journey updates.
1698947549776.png
Above image shows current state of the signals on Traksy with all signals at red. https://traksy.uk/live/M+2+SLATEFD/M+1+EDINBUR+-12

Thank you both, I think I’ll give him a buzz and break the bad news. I don’t know what’s been going on with this sort of area of the line as it seems to have cause more than a few issues recently.

NorthEastern

I think there’s maybe more than that. No trains in or out of Edinburgh Waverley since around 5pm. Major power failure.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Incredibly there is nothing on the LNER website about this...

GuyGibsonVC

OHL damage around Peterborough and power supply failure at Edinburgh.

LNER have just put out a ‘Do not travel’ instruction from KX to Edinburgh.

I’ve been sat in Newcastle Station for an hour on the 1400 from KX.

Warrior2852

Haven't seen a thread on this yet so apologies if there is one, there is currently a major ongoing power failure around Edinburgh, all the signals for quite some distance in all directions are blocked, not sure on what the exact nature of it is or what exactly is broken, I know someone who was offloaded at Linlithgow.

https://twitter.com/NetworkRailSCOT/status/1720121547132637233

View attachment 145863
Above image shows current state of the signals on Traksy with all signals at red. https://traksy.uk/live/M+2+SLATEFD/M+1+EDINBUR+-12
I had this in a different thread but it's been merged into this one, I had it separate because the Edinburgh issue isn't just ECML related, there's issues on all the lines in the area.

Established Member
I see this has now been rectified. Perhaps they saw my message! :D
I know this is tongue in cheek, but I really hope control staff are not reading Railforum in disruption like this

Banham7

Not been great recently with lots of disruption happening in clusters. Only earlier this week when there were 3 majorish incidents in a day on the ECML.

Established Member
You know it's an interesting day on the ECML when you end up on a Grand Central service from Newark to Doncaster! Using an ex EMR unit no less :)

Banham7

1B87 has diverted through Cambridge and is heading to Kings Cross through Foxton now. Unsure what service it will intend to form after now.

image.png

Established Member
1Z99 an LNER Azuma on route to assist with evacuation of 2 GTR/Thameslink services.

KGX

Is it likely that anything will run north from Kings Cross tonight?

Established Member
Is it likely that anything will run north from Kings Cross tonight?
From what I’ve heard only 2 services would depart between now and end of service, and would have to be diesel only.

noddingdonkey

I'm on 1D81 which is at Sandy (1627 GC ex Kings Cross). 1Z99 sped past a few minutes ago, Guard has announced we should be underway in about 20 mins at slow speed

KGX

Where you heading? As acceptance with EMR, Avanti, Tpe is in place
North East, but St Pancras is way too busy. Don’t really want to risk relying on TPE after going via the WCML.

Established Member
You know it's an interesting day on the ECML when you end up on a Grand Central service from Newark to Doncaster! Using an ex EMR unit no less :)

In which case there’s a 50/50 chance you’ll make it all the way! Joking aside, best of luck.

Established Member
North East, but St Pancras is way too busy. Don’t really want to risk relying on TPE after going via the WCML.
Personally I’d be on a Euston to Man Avanti then onto a TPE (if there’s a connection based on next departures) .

londonmidland

Established Member
Regarding Edinburgh, a 'big fuse' has blown which is affecting a wide area beyond Edinburgh Waverley.

Status
Not open for further replies.