• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

richw

Veteran Member
According to Bustimes Mousehole Solo 53704 is on the A1 today! The seat availability shown on the First bus app suggests this is correct.
Both pieces of data are taken from the ticketer machine, so if the wrong ticket number is programmed the wrong seating availability will show on the app too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lizard1324

Marc has posted on twitter about the future plans for first Kernow, showing off parts of two new liverys.
Screenshot_20201214-023411_Twitter.jpg
Image shows a purple rear of a bus and a yellow front of the bus.
From the image I can't tell if the purple reared bus is east lance trident or Gemini but if its is a east lance trident maybe the lizards are getting a new repaint in a new livery?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Marc has posted on twitter about the future plans for first Kernow, showing off parts of two new liverys.
View attachment 87102
From the image I can't tell if the purple reared bus is east lance trident or Gemini but if its is a east lance trident maybe the lizards are getting a new repaint in a new livery?

They are both mock ups of Geminis

carlberry

Established Member

So they're pinching the 3/4 liveried vehicles from First Bristol and introducing double deck school buses!

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
They might be for school buses, but Marc did say there would be a new brand, also Falmouth Park and ride was getting a new livery.

Though wouldn't the Falmouth Park and Ride be on a single deck mock-up given that the low bridge en route to the Maritime Museum was what prompted the reallocation of 65724/5 to Kernow?

Lizard1324

Though wouldn't the Falmouth Park and Ride be on a single deck mock-up given that the low bridge en route to the Maritime Museum was what prompted the reallocation of 65724/5 to Kernow?
Yes, but didn't marc say a while back that the two 53 plate short wheel base Gemini from Bristol were going to be used on the fal River contract because of there smaller turning circle.

swifty

Established Member
Yes, but didn't marc say a while back that the two 53 plate short wheel base Gemini from Bristol were going to be used on the fal River contract because of there smaller turning circle.
I could be wrong, but aren’t they different contracts?

jammy36

Isn't the Fal River contract the replacement bus that runs between Truro Quay and Malpas when tides don't allow the Falmouth - Truro ferry to run all the way up to Truro. The reverse turn at the Malpas end is tight hence the need for short vehicles, and nothing to do with the Falmouth Park & Ride service.

swifty

Established Member
So they're pinching the 3/4 liveried vehicles from First Bristol and introducing double deck school buses!
I’d better get handy on BusTimes reallocating those painted in Bristol to First South West then :lol:

Lizard1324

Isn't the Fal River contract the replacement bus that runs between Truro Quay and Malpas when tides don't allow the Falmouth - Truro ferry to run all the way up to Truro. The reverse turn at the Malpas end is tight hence the need for short vehicles, and nothing to do with the Falmouth Park & Ride service.
Ye thats correct got mixed up with the fal river contract and park and ride/ float.
Bit the two 53 plate Gemini are apparently due for the fal river and the single decker ex discovery on the park and ride

Goldfish62

Established Member
They might be for school buses, but Marc did say there would be a new brand, also Falmouth Park and ride was getting a new livery.
Guessing, I'd say the blue and green livery that Marc recently showed a snippet of would be for the Fal River service.

richw

Veteran Member
The Fal river contract is multiple routes.
Falmouth park and ride to the Prince of wales pier- no size restrictions on vehicles
Falmouth park and ride to maritime museum - low bridge,
Truro to malpas at low tide- short length decker due to tight turning.

On the Buses

The Fal river contract is multiple routes.
Falmouth park and ride to the Prince of wales pier- no size restrictions on vehicles
Falmouth park and ride to maritime museum - low bridge,
Truro to malpas at low tide- short length decker due to tight turning.

The only service for Fal is for Truro to Malpas

Fal used to operate the park and ride/float site in Falmouth that required a bus service but gave that up at the end of the 2019 season.

The yet to operate Maritime Museum park and ride from the same site is contracted by the Maritime Museum and nothing to do with Fal

Whiteway215

Established Member
Reported on the South Yorkshire Transport Forum that their 322xx B7TLs are not now down to be scrapped but are due to go to Cornwall. Not guaranteed to be up to date but I believe the survivors are 32265/67/68/69/70/71/74/75/76 at Doncaster but 32268 is withdrawn.

On the Buses

Reported on the South Yorkshire Transport Forum that their 322xx B7TLs are not now down to be scrapped but are due to go to Cornwall. Not guaranteed to be up to date but I believe the survivors are 32265/67/68/69/70/71/74/75/76 at Doncaster but 32268 is withdrawn.

There is a plan to replace all rented buses and Trident Presidents with Interim Volvos when available, with further newer permanent cascades later on.

TechDan2002

There is a plan to replace all rented buses and Trident Presidents with Interim Volvos when available, with further newer permanent cascades later on.
Are the 9 ALX400s from BASE still on hire? I’ve just noticed they’re no longer marked as on hire from BASE on ukbuses fleet list but I’m aware information on there is often incorrect