• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
I think he’s getting confused with the particular route that those short Geminis have been sent down for. I can’t recall it but was it some FalRiver type service??

EDIT: I see he’s replied

I cannot remember either, it's my age! You may well be right.

Andyh82

Established Member
It looks really good. Maybe the 53 plate Geminis will get a new livery for the park and ride operation.
32350 hasn't tracked on Bustimes since late March so maybe it is away getting painted.
I notice none of the school or college services track on bus times, except for Truro College, so unlike various other operators, BusTimes doesn’t tell the full story for First Kernow and a missing bus could in theory be in use every day on a school run

83G/84D

Established Member
Some recent bus service registrations that have appeared:-

Bus registration details

Registration number
PH0004983/611
Licence Number
PH0004983
Variation number
Status
New
Service number.
Falmouth Park and Ride
Service type
Normal Stopping
Start point
Falmouth, Ponsharden Park and Ride Site
Finish point
Falmouth, Marine Road, National Maritime Museum
Via
Date received
16 Apr 2021
Effective date
27 May 2021
End date
Supported by subsidies?
No
Local authorities covered by route
CornwallAndScillies
TAOs covered by route

West of England

Bus registration details

Registration number
PH0004983/612
Licence Number
PH0004983
Variation number
Status
Registered
Service number.
S1
Service type
Normal Stopping
Start point
Newquay, Tresillian Barton, Dairyland
Finish point
Pentire Headland
Via
Quintrell Downs
Date received
16 Apr 2021
Effective date
29 May 2021
End date
Supported by subsidies?
No
CornwallAndScillies
TAOs covered by route

West of England

Bus registration details

Registration number
PH0004983/613
Licence Number
PH0004983
Variation number
Status
Registered
Service number.
S2
Service type
Normal Stopping
Start point
Trevarrian, opp Travellers Rest
Finish point
Pentire Headland
Via
Watergate Bay, Porth
Date received
16 Apr 2021
Effective date
29 May 2021
End date
Supported by subsidies?
No
CornwallAndScillies
TAOs covered by route

West of England

Bus registration details

Registration number
PH0004983/614
Licence Number
PH0004983
Variation number
Status
Registered
Service number.
S3
Service type
Normal Stopping
Start point
RAF St Mawgan
Finish point
Pentire Headland
Via
St Columb Minor, Newquay
Date received
16 Apr 2021
Effective date
29 May 2021
End date
Supported by subsidies?
No
CornwallAndScillies
TAOs covered by route

West of England

Bus registration details

Registration number
PH0004983/615
Licence Number
PH0004983
Variation number
Status
Registered
Service number.
Discover Exeter
Service type
Normal Stopping
Start point
Exeter, St David's Station
Finish point
Exeter, St David's Station
Via
Exeter University, Exeter Quay
Date received
16 Apr 2021
Effective date
29 May 2021
End date
Supported by subsidies?
No
Devon
TAOs covered by route

West of England

I have also seen 32757 this evening on a T2 service going towards St Ives.

Last edited:

TechDan2002

It looks really good. Maybe the 53 plate Geminis will get a new livery for the park and ride operation.
32350 hasn't tracked on Bustimes since late March so maybe it is away getting painted.

Anyone know which Geminis will be extras for the Lizard routes as there are only a few left unpainted, unless more are due?
32350 has been on the 231 this week tracking as 42562

teggers419

37729 was out in revised Lands End livery for the first time this season on service A1 today.

Last edited by a moderator:

83G/84D

Established Member
There is at least 2 based at the helston depot. Unsure about the rest.

They are or were scattered around the place. Bodmin had some as well as Helston whilst they can also been seen regularly in Camborne. There were 4 at Helston last week.

32083 was due to leave the fleet this week and is now staying for a while according to reports elsewhere.

Lizard1324

They are or were scattered around the place. Bodmin had some as well as Helston whilst they can also been seen regularly in Camborne. There were 4 at Helston last week.

32083 was due to leave the fleet this week and is now staying for a while according to reports elsewhere.
It was on the U4 today, but was parked on the side of the road earlier looked to be broken down.

With the ALX400s leaving soon will the Plaxton Presidents be staying for much longer?

charlie1284

It was on the u4 today, but was parked on the side of the road earlier looked to be broken down.

With the alx 400s leaving soon will the plaxton presidents be staying for much longer?
My understanding is that when all the MMCs return from somerset the closed top presidents are going. Although I can't guarantee that's what's happening with them.

@On the Buses said 20 MMCs will be back in the summer as all the ALX400s will have gone to ensign by then. I don’t know yet if any closed top presidents will be going around the same time.

Ancelljb

It was on the U4 today, but was parked on the side of the road earlier looked to be broken down.

With the ALX400s leaving soon will the Plaxton Presidents be staying for much longer?
From what I remember, all ALX400s and closed Presidents are leaving. The ALXs are leaving by summer, in line with the return of 20 MMCs. Then the closed top presidents will leave upon the return of the other 10 MMCs, but no date has been given for that yet.

charlie1284

From what I remember, all ALX400s and closed Presidents are leaving. The ALXs are leaving by summer, in line with the return of 20 MMCs. Then the closed top presidents will leave upon the return of the other 10 MMCs, but no date has been given for that yet.
Yes that's what I thought.

Andyh82

Established Member
It’s a shame the whole fleet doesn’t track on bustimes. I know those that don’t are probably used on closed door contracts, but I’m sure closed contracts track elsewhere, I know up in West Yorks even the yellow buses track, and they aren’t open for the general public.

charlie1284

It’s a shame the whole fleet doesn’t track on bustimes. I know those that don’t are probably used on closed door contracts, but I’m sure closed contracts track elsewhere, I know up in West Yorks even the yellow buses track, and they aren’t open for the general public.
The only buses aren't on the fleet list are the majority of the coach fleet and the promotional vehicles (eg 53040). The only other vehicles that aren't on there and are in 'general service' is 32123-29 which are on loan.

I can’t wait to come down to partake in the open toppers in Cornwall! I will be doing the Dartmoor Explorer and Exmoor Coaster too!

On the Buses

Yes that's what I thought.
Incorrect. Further cascades are anticipated to remove the Presidents. The five Darts need to be swapped initially for deckers too

The only buses aren't on the fleet list are the majority of the coach fleet and the promotional vehicles (eg 53040). The only other vehicles that aren't on there and are in 'general service' is 32123-29 which are on loan.
If I’m correct it’s not the fleet list that’s relevant to tracking but whether the bus is working a line that has a duty logged into the ticket machine.

richw

Veteran Member
If I’m correct it’s not the fleet list that’s relevant to tracking but whether the bus is working a line that has a duty logged into the ticket machine.

The fleet list on there is compiled of only the buses that have tracked on their tracking system in recent months. Duchy/Bicton allocated buses have only shown up when they’ve been out on 27/91/87