• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

D2007wsm

Established Member
67107 & 67108 are yet to return to Weston, so the A3 should be starting back up tomorrow morning with Streetlites. I wonder if they will use Badgers or the pink mTickets? It always used to be the case unless in dire emergencies it had to be a neutral unbranded Urban vehicle due to the contract.

Apparently, the E200MMCs are away being tarted up internally and externally after 2 years being ragged on Rail Replacement, the 41x and other contact work. They should be back in a couple of weeks to take over.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Callum15632

67107 & 67108 are yet to return to Weston, so the A3 should be starting back up tomorrow morning with Streetlites. I wonder if they will use Badgers or the pink mTickets? It always used to be the case unless in dire emergencies it had to be a neutral unbranded Urban vehicle due to the contract.

Apparently, the E200MMCs are away being tarted up internally and externally after 2 years being ragged on Rail Replacement, the 41x and other contact work. They should be back in a couple of weeks to take over.
Will the m-ticket streetlites run the A3 then until the E200 MMCs take back over in a couple of weeks?

NJ51

Not sure, but has left me wondering what now is the oldest bus in our region? I can't think of anything older than the multitide of 57 reg geminis.
The only bus older than the 57reg'd Geminis is Volvo B7RLE Eclipse 69253 YJ07WFV which is in regular use on service 20 at Weston-super-Mare , still in Barbie livery.

D2007wsm

Established Member
47556 was on 1030 from Congresbury to the airport today
Apparently they allocated the 2 best Streetlites which have the speed and don’t mind hills to it.

It's possible they still want the 20 to be open top but they cant risk it with the inability of the local authority to deal with the tree problem.
Open tops were a pain on the 20 what with the trees and as soon as it rained they got swapped for normal deckers, extra deckers had to be kept which sat around to act as spares. Just keeping it as normal buses is easier and more economical.

Also TBH there isn’t that much to see on the 20 apart from the little bits on Weston and Burnham Sea Fronts.

Whiteway215

Established Member
I don’t know if the offending trees on the 20 have been dealt with now. However the damage done to one of the buses on the route (32290) was so severe it led to its withdrawal and scrapping.

D2007wsm

Established Member
I don’t know if the offending trees on the 20 have been dealt with now. However the damage done to one of the buses on the route (32290) was so severe it led to its withdrawal and scrapping.
Deckers go round there now and I haven’t heard of any incidents. They let one of the Streetdecks venture to Burnham the other day

Private Baxter

Established Member
The only bus older than the 57reg'd Geminis is Volvo B7RLE Eclipse 69253 YJ07WFV which is in regular use on service 20 at Weston-super-Mare , still in Barbie livery.
Thanks, I'd forgotten all about that one! It showed up randomly ten years ago and has been here ever since. And the only one now in barbie! Oh well, at least it has a regular home.

stait.john

Is there a delay on the last 12 Streetdecks entering service? We seem to have been stuck on 15 for ages now!

stait.john

33965 & 33966 have now moved down to Hampshire & Dorset for refurb, currently at Southampton Depot

route101

Established Member
Apparently they allocated the 2 best Streetlites which have the speed and don’t mind hills to it.

Open tops were a pain on the 20 what with the trees and as soon as it rained they got swapped for normal deckers, extra deckers had to be kept which sat around to act as spares. Just keeping it as normal buses is easier and more economical.

Also TBH there isn’t that much to see on the 20 apart from the little bits on Weston and Burnham Sea Fronts.
I took the 20 on Saturday, was a 57 plate B9TL. The narrow roads are challenging on this road.

stait.john

Ex CityRed Streetlite 47428 is exploring its new route today as it’s out on the 5.

Meanwhile 37334 is having a last explore of its home territory for the last 15 years and is on the Y5/Y6. It’s due to transfer to Solent very soon.

Private Baxter

Established Member
That'll be popular in Eastville!
Streetlites briefly worked the interim on the 5, between the darts and gemimis. They seemed fairly suited, and just feels like the logical step. I don't think it has been that long since the gemimis were turned out in mint Citylines 5, so seems a bit wasteful. Wonder where they will be off to.

carlberry

Established Member
Streetlites briefly worked the interim on the 5, between the darts and gemimis. They seemed fairly suited, and just feels like the logical step. I don't think it has been that long since the gemimis were turned out in mint Citylines 5, so seems a bit wasteful. Wonder where they will be off to.
It was more about a vehicle with 'City Red' on the side running though the heart of Rovers old area. I think the Geminis were first painted in Jan 2021.

Private Baxter

Established Member
It was more about a vehicle with 'City Red' on the side running though the heart of Rovers old area. I think the Geminis were first painted in Jan 2021.
Ahhh I see!! I'm sorry I didn't get that reference! (I know nothing abput football) :D

carlberry

Established Member
Ahhh I see!! I'm sorry I didn't get that reference! (I know nothing abput football) :D
Me neither (other than how the two football grounds effected the likely intrests of the staff at the nearby bus depots - Muller Road and Winterstoke Road). And the ground became an IKEA many years ago so it was always going to be a bit of a niche comment!

83G/84D

Established Member
Ex CityRed Streetlite 47428 is exploring its new route today as it’s out on the 5.

Meanwhile 37334 is having a last explore of its home territory for the last 15 years and is on the Y5/Y6. It’s due to transfer to Solent very soon.

47427 which was out of service, passed 47428 on the 5 at the roundabout by the Bearpit. This was around 1510 this afternoon.