• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete C

I've been checking my emails like crazy, my phone will be packing up soon if I continue!
<:D <----- Me literally every time my phone buzzes :rolleyes:

3.5 weeks would be by the end of the first week of November, fingers crossed!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pete C

Congratulations! Where will the medical be taking place?
Loughton, so nice and convenient for me! :)
Congratulations, have you had a conditional offer with rough start date?
Not a conditional offer as such no, just a do the medical and the DBS and your application will be progressed further. Though it does say at the bottom "we look forward to welcoming you to Freightliner". No idea of a start date.

Seejwalker

Not a conditional offer as such no, just a do the medical and the DBS and your application will be progressed further. Though it does say at the bottom "we look forward to welcoming you to Freightliner". No idea of a start date.
I have no idea of how this whole thing is running, I've been in the pool for a few weeks now, no offer of a medical or DBS yet I'm told I'm guaranteed a job, I was happy with this answer until reading you're having medical but are yet to receive an offer. It's left me confused.

Pete C

I'm a bit confused too to be honest, because I saw some people have had a medical and then been placed in the pool with no idea of a start date. Perhaps since you were pooled they've decided to just start giving everyone medicals first or something like that.

Were you IM or HH?

Seejwalker

I'm a bit confused too to be honest, because I saw some people have had a medical and then been placed in the pool with no idea of a start date. Perhaps since you were pooled they've decided to just start giving everyone medicals first or something like that.

Were you IM or HH?

I'm going HH, I'm just holding HR to their word that I will have a job. It just seems that every person has had a different experience and it's making the wait all the harder. Not knowing what the process is exactly and what's the normal.

I had a conditional offer but could not start on the date they offered. They asked me to still complete the medical and SD. I don’t think I would have had the medical yet otherwise, so I wouldn’t worry seejwalker.

Last edited:

boogie

Just been offered yard shunter job at Crewe hopefully to start 10th Dec (I'm in Yah)

Unless you know everyone’s chosen depot and notice period you will never see a pattern.

I know is a pain but a company will never verbally guarentee you a job unless they were 100% sure it was going to happen.

Seejwalker

Unless you know everyone’s chosen depot and notice period you will never see a pattern.

I know is a pain but a company will never verbally guarentee you a job unless they were 100% sure it was going to happen.

I know mate, it's hard to stay positive when I care so much about getting this job.

Nishhh

Oooo that’s good to hear! That means if I get it too I will probably be sent to Loughton as well.

I know mate, it's hard to stay positive when I care so much about getting this job.

Yeah I feel that ! Easier for me when I’ve only been told a week ago !

They were so clear in the interviews that their tallent pool is different to everyone else’s, they even said don’t be disheartened it’s just while we sort out course dates / mentors etc.

I’m not expecting training till early to mid next year so I’m happy to sit back knowing I’ve made the grade. That in itself is a major achievement !

Seejwalker

Yeah I feel that ! Easier for me when I’ve only been told a week ago !

They were so clear in the interviews that their tallent pool is different to everyone else’s, they even said don’t be disheartened it’s just while we sort out course dates / mentors etc.

I’m not expecting training till early to mid next year so I’m happy to sit back knowing I’ve made the grade. That in itself is a major achievement !

That's exactly how I've been looking at it, it's only when things are moving for other people it gets me thinking. I've said it before, all we can do it wait for our time i suppose and wish luck to all the guys taking the next steps.

Pete C

Is it still done through Disclosure Scotland, or the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service)? Thought Disclosure Scotland disappeared?
Just to clarify this in case anyone is wondering; I looked into it as I was unsure why we were being asked to use the Scottish service - even Disclosure Scotland's website says to use the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for jobs in England and Wales. Well, apparently only certain companies are allowed to know about any spent convictions you may have because it could predjudice the selection process. The DBS basic disclosure shows spent convictions, the Disclosure Scotland one does not :)

Last edited:

martin2345uk

Established Member
Just to clarify this in case anyone is wondering; I looked into it as I was unsure why we were being asked to use the Scottish service - even Disclosure Scotland's website says to use the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for jobs in England and Wales. Well, apparently only certain companies are allowed to know about any spent convictions you may have because it could predjudice the selection process. The DBS basic disclosure shows spent convictions, the Disclosure Scotland one does not :)

Plus the Scotland one is less of a freakin ballache by all accounts

The One

Try not to get your self down remember they can only train so many in one go and won’t just have you in a company scratching your heads.If you been put in the pool then you have nothing to worry about it’s just as I said can only train so many in rules and regs and on traction

How many people on here are still waiting for their final DMI, MMI or assessments? I remember them saying in my DMI they were going until December, however they use the Crewe training room and some of the guys start at the end of Nov there.

Status
Not open for further replies.