• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mgv1349

Yeah I wasn’t sure if you brought it when you dropped off your contract or whenever, going to call over today and find out.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Failed the medical on my hearing; now need ears syringing and a GP note that there’s no other underlying cause... should be able to get a retest but my god this is added stress I could do without!!!!

Mgv1349

Failed the medical on my hearing; now need ears syringing and a GP note that there’s no other underlying cause... should be able to get a retest but my god this is added stress I could do without!!!!
The exact thing happened to me with my left eye, I’ve got glasses now and sent it to the OH but waiting for a reply still! Been a week

Stigy

Established Member
Sorry mate, I’m sure you’ll be fine. I understand it’s added stress, can imagine how much extra stress this causes adds! Did you know your ears were blocked? I have issues with mine over time with ear wax and it’s amazing how clear everything is once they’ve been cleared. Just time consuming!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Sorry mate, I’m sure you’ll be fine. I understand it’s added stress, can imagine how much extra stress this causes adds! Did you know your ears were blocked? I have issues with mine over time with ear wax and it’s amazing how clear everything is once they’ve been cleared. Just time consuming!

No I had no idea... I’m getting microsuction tonight so let’s see what happens....

martin2345uk

Established Member
Stressful innit!!!! Just when I feel like I'm finally getting there, fate places a puddle of vomit in my path.

The One

To be fair to you about failing the hearing tests those rooms you sit im are not exactly quiet if exactly the same thing happens again ask to be tested in a different room.

martin2345uk

Established Member
To be fair to you about failing the hearing tests those rooms you sit im are not exactly quiet if exactly the same thing happens again ask to be tested in a different room.

I will do mate, the booth I did mine in had some kind of fan running, I didn't think much of it until the journey home when I had lots of time to dwell on it!

The One

No worries mate they are noisey they should be sound proof lol but I could hear people walking about upstairs.You are in your right to be tested in a different booth as if they mess up your tests you will have job offer withdrawn.
Seriously don’t worry if any doubts get your ears tested privately before you go for medical least you know mate

Seejwalker

Don't stress guys, I had hearing tests ever year in those this booths when I was in the army, I failed one before as I had wax from being ill. There's nothing wrong with my hearing.

Stigy

Established Member
As has been said, the booths don’t help. I’ve had hearing tests as part of my medical for PTS and echo what the others have said. By the end of the test (or before sometimes) you’re hearing things that aren’t there! It’s a mind f*ck!

I had similar issues with a medical 12-years ago when I joined the railway, but with my eyes. I needed new glasses as I hadn’t had new ones in a while, but because I hit so used to my sight as it was, I didn’t notice it. It’s the same with hearing. As my luck would have it, I still failed my eye test with new glasses but they put it down to their archaic machine (their words) in the end and were happy with a note from my optician and a copy of my prescription.

Pete C

Last time I did the hearing test, the nurse and one of her colleagues were having a full on conversation right outside the booth like I couldn't hear them... they'd obviously never been in the thing themselves!

delticdeano74

Oh that is a while but I have realised that the email communication is very slow, have you had a conditional offer or just for a pool?
No mention of a pool or conditional offer, it was a letter/email giving details of the medical and disclosure, but did say at the end, we look forward to welcoming you to Freightliner HH.

boogie

whats involved in the medical

Status
Not open for further replies.