• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete C

Hi All, Do you think I should reapply to this even though I got turned down after mangers interview and last month?

Its usually the case that if you fail one of the interviews that you can't reapply for the same job for at least 6 months (I know this to be true for at least a couple of TOCs). However you could always email/call their HR team to find out for sure.
It actually says on the ad that your application will not be progressed if you applied to Freightliner within the last 6 months.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hi All, Do you think I should reapply to this even though I got turned down after mangers interview and last month?
Hi David,

As has been suggested by others, you’ll have to wait at least six months to reapply for Freightliner. I am in the same boat as you and my rejection email said specifically that they’d welcome another application, but that it has to be after six months. Yours should have said the same?

If it wasn’t Freightliner you were unsuccessful with, fill your boots as you can apply to other TOCs as and when you like. (Not sure I recall you specifically said you were not successful with Freightliner?). I believe that’s the company as a whole, too, not just for driver posts.

Davidh89

Hi David,

As has been suggested by others, you’ll have to wait at least six months to reapply for Freightliner. I am in the same boat as you and my rejection email said specifically that they’d welcome another application, but that it has to be after six months. Yours should have said the same?

If it wasn’t Freightliner you were unsuccessful with, fill your boots as you can apply to other TOCs as and when you like. (Not sure I recall you specifically said you were not successful with Freightliner?). I believe that’s the company as a whole, too, not just for driver posts.

Hi Stigy,

They didn't mention the 6 months to reapply again in the email - my rejection email was:

I write with reference to the abovementioned vacancy.
Thank you for attending the recent Management interview.
Due to the high calibre and volume of applications we have received, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.
We’d like to thank you for your patience and showing an interest in the role.
We are hopeful that future graduate courses will be introduced in coming years, so please don’t let this hinder any future opportunities that may arise as we would happily welcome your application in the future.

Thanks Pete C, will look for other TOC/FOCs

Stigy

Established Member
Hi Stigy,

They didn't mention the 6 months to reapply again in the email - my rejection email was:

Due to the high calibre and volume of applications we have received, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.
We are hopeful that future graduate courses will be introduced in coming years, so please don’t let this hinder any future opportunities that may arise as we would happily welcome your application in the future.

Apologies, mine said exactly that, I was pretty sure it said about 6-months. As has been said, that’s the case anyway. It’s a shame but I can see why they do it.

TheNewGuy

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about applying for a while now and decided I should do a bit of research first to make sure I'm applying for what I think I am!

I apologise in advance if thee sound like rally basic Newby questions!

Does anyone know the start salary? And how long until training is complete / salary increases?

I'm nearest to Reading. Is that just a HH depot? Or a mixture?

I'm expecting to work shifts/weekends but would like to know how long the shifts are, what the shift pattern is like, Is it 24hr night working? or just early starts/late finishes?

Do you always start and finish at same depot? Or is there an expectation to stay at a different location sometimes/regularly?

Any other advice / info about what the job entails would be greatly appreciated!

Nishhh

Hi Stigy,

How long after your DMI did you receive the above email?

Stigy

Established Member
Nope!!!

Sooooooo anxious I sat on 18th so it’s been over two weeks now. Contemplating calling them today but don’t want to seem over zealous as they did say a couple a weeks.
If they said it would be a couple of weeks and it’s been over that I don’t thnk it’s unreasonable to want to know either way. They’ll understand if you chose to call I’m sure. Probably won’t be able to tell you anything there and then, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you received an email very soon after.

Pete C

Yeah, might make them bring you to the top of the pile at least to put you out of your misery :)

Nishhh

Right if I don’t hear anything by midday I shall call them! Thanks for all the advice guys.

Am I right in thinking someone posted HR’s number on this thread?

delticdeano74

Nope!!!

Sooooooo anxious I sat on 18th so it’s been over two weeks now. Contemplating calling them today but don’t want to seem over zealous as they did say a couple a weeks.
Similar position here too, I had my medical on the 22nd October and still not heard anything back either way. Anyone have an idea what the usual time is to hear back?

Zeuscannon

Hi guys, has anyone did anyone else apply for the Ipswich depot a while back and was successful? If so could you give me a message please

LeGrimpeur

Would you need to take the psychometric tests if you have in date passes on these currently?
If you do sit the tests does a fail count as one of your two strikes?
Are tests done by OPC as per TOCS?
Cheers

Stigy

Established Member
Would you need to take the psychometric tests if you have in date passes on these currently?
If you do sit the tests does a fail count as one of your two strikes?
Are tests done by OPC as per TOCS?
Cheers
If the passes are current, you won’t need to resit these. The length of time you’re able to use these for differs from company to company and ranges from 1 to 5 years. If you had expired passes, any retake wouldn’t be classed as one of your lives, however, although any failed attempts would be.

L4zy

Hi all,

Well done on all those that have received the good news.

I have had an email saying I’m in the pool and I’ve passed the managers interview.

However I’ve not heard from the OPC about my MMI.

Should I assume that as they have offered me the talent pool that I’ve passed the MMI.

Not sure what to do.

Nishhh

Hi all,

Well done on all those that have received the good news.

I have had an email saying I’m in the pool and I’ve passed the managers interview.

However I’ve not heard from the OPC about my MMI.

Should I assume that as they have offered me the talent pool that I’ve passed the MMI.

Not sure what to do.

That seems strange as I received the MMI results within 4 days! I would Defo email the OPC so you at least have it in writing

Status
Not open for further replies.