• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hi all,

Well done on all those that have received the good news.

I have had an email saying I’m in the pool and I’ve passed the managers interview.

However I’ve not heard from the OPC about my MMI.

Should I assume that as they have offered me the talent pool that I’ve passed the MMI.

Not sure what to do.
I received my MMI results by email after being rejected re the DMI, even though they told my on the day I had passed the MMI ask I was surprised to receive it at all. It took a good couple of weeks to get the MMI results so it’s likely you’ll receive these soon, however I’d contact the OPC to confirm you have passed the MMI anyway.

LeGrimpeur

Sorry I’m going over old ground but what’s the pay rates and progression times for trainee driver with Freightliner?

Hi all,

I have had an email saying I’m in the pool and I’ve passed the managers interview.

Should I assume that as they have offered me the talent pool that I’ve passed the MMI.

Not sure what to do.
They wouldn’t have offered you a place in the talent pool if you hadn’t passed. I was offered a role, had a medical and sent my Disclosure back before I got my email from OPC. To be fair they told me on the day I had passed.

Oh and well done to you all for getting in the pool. Due to not being able to start in Nov, I have been sitting in it for over a month and expect to for a little longer yet lol

L4zy

They wouldn’t have offered you a place in the talent pool if you hadn’t passed. I was offered a role, had a medical and sent my Disclosure back before I got my email from OPC. To be fair they told me on the day I had passed.

Oh and well done to you all for getting in the pool. Due to not being able to start in Nov, I have been sitting in it for over a month and expect to for a little longer yet lol

Cheers,

I was thinking that myself. They said in interview that the talent pool would guarantee a job, so now it’s just a waiting game.

Oh wow, that’ll be some driving. Do you live Buxton way? I’m going to Crewe but head to Leek and Buxton a lot.

Nishhh

Was wondering, whilst we are sitting in the pool do you think we can still apply elsewhere and try our luck.

Noticed another company recruiting trainee train drivers and considering all the OPC stuff is done and passed it would only entail sitting the DMI.

Seejwalker

Hi all,

Not sure what to do.

My results came through after I was pooled, it just depends who responds quicker. I'm sure you will get the results through quick, although I'm pretty certain you know the outcome haha

Was wondering, whilst we are sitting in the pool do you think we can still apply elsewhere and try our luck.

Noticed another company recruiting trainee train drivers and considering all the OPC stuff is done and passed it would only entail sitting the DMI.

As long as you didn’t have to sit any other tests then you have nothing to lose.

I’m happy to wait though ! I still genuinely like the idea of freight driving

Seejwalker

There's no harm in having another option open to you, but if you have a guaranteed job with FL, it's a question of what company you would rather work. I'm in the same thinking space as @Westcoast-ting

Firestarter

Can I ask which company is recruiting?

Nishhh

Was just thinking along the lines of keeping my options open.

The TOC could come through quicker then Freightliner, have no idea how long I will be in this pool for.

@Firestarter its Arriva Rail London.
The pay is considerable higher and you get the added benefit of the travelcard!

Worth a try I think

Firestarter

Was just thinking along the lines of keeping my options open.

The TOC could come through quicker then Freightliner, have no idea how long I will be in this pool for.

@Firestarter its Arriva Rail London.
The pay is considerable higher and you get the added benefit of the
Worth a try I think

Cheers man

delticdeano74

Hi all,

Not sure what to do.
Hi mate, well done to you. I'm for Peak Forest too so will hopefully see you there. Had my Medical on the 22nd of October and had an email earlier saying I passed and contract is being sorted. Absolutely buzzing now.

Hi mate, well done to you. I'm for Peak Forest too so will hopefully see you there. Had my Medical on the 22nd of October and had an email earlier saying I passed and contract is being sorted. Absolutely buzzing now.
Have you got a start date if they are sorting a contract?

delticdeano74

Have you got a start date if they are sorting a contract?
Didn't say in the e-mail, just that I'd passed medical and contract is being sorted to be posted, so don't know yet if it's a start date or put on on hold. Either way it's just fantastic news. Good luck to everyone still in the process. It's taken me 3 years and a few knock backs to get here so don't give up and stay positive.

Didn't say in the e-mail, just that I'd passed medical and contract is being sorted to be posted, so don't know yet if it's a start date or put on on hold. Either way it's just fantastic news. Good luck to everyone still in the process. It's taken me 3 years and a few knock backs to get here so don't give up and stay positive.
Great news, congratulations.

Pete C

If there's going to be a contract it'll surely have a start date on it, no? Don't think I've ever seen a contract without one :)

If there's going to be a contract it'll surely have a start date on it, no? Don't think I've ever seen a contract without one :)
That’s what I was thinking, I had a conditional offer with a ball park start date. I’m sure the guys who have had contracts are the ones with confirmed start dates. Fingers crossed this will be the first of a few.

LeGrimpeur

Is there any online sjt / vse tests for this role or are all psychometrics done at a test centre?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.