• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the speculating helps anyone.
Got my stage 2 on the 5th December. It’s been the longest wait ever, be glad to get it done! Though it’s a bit disheartening to think maybe it’ll be all for nothing fingers crossed it’s not.
where are you applying for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi guys, I’m in the pool for Birmingham and received the e-mail as well. I replied asking if this meant you were not guaranteed a job with them.

The reply was
‘We have a plan for 4 or 5 courses next year, so still plenty of opportunities.

I’m just not sure yet which locations are required first and how many trainees are required for each location. There are lots of elements to arrange for each course to ensure we are delivering excellent training and trainees where the business needs them.

I’ll be in touch with more information when I can.’

Agree with others on here that it was mainly an update email which I think I misinterpreted.
Reading the reply you got would suggest nothing has changed currently, that’s still 48-60 new drivers over the next year which is what I was told by HR early on. I think it’s a “please give us chance to sort out what we need most urgently, your not going to hear anything this side of Christmas.”

Garyhobbs

How did people get on with the VSE and M7-SJT online test?
Got a bit crazy when faulting the primary left side and matching the symbols. not sure if I did good enough! Find out 28th
Good luck

Seejwalker

Reading the reply you got would suggest nothing has changed currently, that’s still 48-60 new drivers over the next year which is what I was told by HR early on. I think it’s a “please give us chance to sort out what we need most urgently, your not going to hear anything this side of Christmas.”

I think this seams like the most sensible Interpretation.

GJ_DAN

Got a bit crazy when faulting the primary left side and matching the symbols. not sure if I did good enough! Find out 28th
Good luck

I thought the first bit was easy just following the moving circle. I messed up a few times on the symbols. I was doing ok on the 3rd with both until I saw one of the circles turn into a half moon. I was convinced I must of missed that on the first bit but I passed.

Jonnyboy84

I thought the first bit was easy just following the moving circle. I messed up a few times on the symbols. I was doing ok on the 3rd with both until I saw one of the circles turn into a half moon. I was convinced I must of missed that on the first bit but I passed.
Still waiting to find out if I passed lol

Diff

Good luck
I wouldn't worry, I messed up loads on the one with the faulting on left and symbols on the right, I was certain I had failed but somehow I passed haha, stay positive :)

N47

Good luck
Hi

M7-sjt I found some of the questions quite difficult as there was one obvious wrong answer but then 3 other answers which seemed quite stupid too

The vse part one the same error appeared at the same point of the circuit each loop

Part 2 was ok but I was expecting letters like the practise tests rather then shapes. Pentagon looked similar to other shapes when you have 1 sec

Part 3 was ok missed a few of the shapes on the right and about one Error on the left

Does anyone know if there is any practise tests available for these online tests too? For next time

LGB87

Have just taken the VSE and SJT tests..

SJT was odd.. A lot of the time 2 or 3 options seemed exactly the same with very slight changes to the wording.

Was quite surprised on the first part of the VSE.. Threw me off in the first part by having only the same 2 errors appear through the whole thing! Thought my internet had crashed! The 2nd part was fine... 3rd I found it more a fight with my computer mouse having to go from the 'Error' button on the left hand side and the Yes/No options on the right so quickly, clicked yes when trying to get to no a couple of times etc.

Will see what comes back..!

N47

If you don’t get through does that mean you can’t apply for another trainee driver role for 6 months ?

If you don’t get through does that mean you can’t apply for another trainee driver role for 6 months ?

It means you aren't able to resit the tests within 6 months, although in reality it probably would preclude you from applying as you wouldn't be able to sit them even if you got through the initial sift. Most of the application forms ask if you've sat and failed the tests within the last 6 months

Seejwalker

If you pass them but are unsuccessful at DMI then you can apply elsewhere, if you fail any part of the assessment you have to wait 6months before you can resit it.

Pete C

And if you fail any part of the process including the DMI you can't reapply to Freightliner specifically within 6 months.

martin2345uk

Established Member
I am back in the thread after a long absence caused by failing my medical on the hearing! Finally got my resit today having had to undergo microsuction, and managed to pass it!

So now back in the waiting game with some of the rest of you guys <:D

Mgv1349

I am back in the thread after a long absence caused by failing my medical on the hearing! Finally got my resit today having had to undergo microsuction, and managed to pass it!

Brilliant mate! Hope you get some news soon!

Last edited:

N47

so if you fail any part of the assessment you can’t apply for another role even for another company for 6 months ?

Stigy

Established Member

Great news, bet that’s a weight off!

delticdeano74

Brilliant news!! chuffed to bits for ya.

TonyMontana

Did micro suction make much of a difference in your hearing?

martin2345uk

Established Member
Haha yes it did, my right ear was blocked to the point where the eardrum was not visible to the audiologist.

Anyway, I just got a call from Corinne at Freightliner, and she confirmed that I would be on the Feb course as it's now way too late for me to join the December one.

Also confirmed I am still being put in for Guide Bridge and not Crewe where I had initially applied to.

She said that other Feb people will start being contacted to book medicals very soon so watch out for emails/phone calls everyone!!!

Bristol VRIII

Haha yes it did, my right ear was blocked to the point where the eardrum was not visible to the audiologist.

Anyway, I just got a call from Corinne at Freightliner, and she confirmed that I would be on the Feb course as it's now way too late for me to join the December one.

Also confirmed I am still being put in for Guide Bridge and not Crewe where I had initially applied to.

She said that other Feb people will start being contacted to book medicals very soon so watch out for emails/phone calls everyone!!!

That's good to hear martin thanks for sharing that, hopefully some of us in the pool will also be joining you in Feb :smile:

Mike121

That’s brilliant news for you! Well done!

I suspect that the folk that didn’t get the ‘please be patient’ email will be the ones joining you on the feb course!

Status
Not open for further replies.