• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice I have booked a hotel and will travel up the day before.

I applied for dartford, don’t see it talked about much I’m thinking it must be the hoo junction depot/halt so asuming it’s mainly for heavy haul traffic.

Anybody know anything about FL in the dartford area?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GJ_DAN

Thank you both :) Hopefully it went well, we’ll see. I’m not too hopeful about the MMI, I feel like it didn’t go amazingly, I was last up too.

The computer tests weren’t too bad, the first one with the grey square wasn’t nice, it wasn’t difficult but it’s just painful to sit looking at a computer screen for 30 minutes, but I suppose that’s what the test’s for so it makes sense! All 6 of us that attended passed the computer tests and we were all panicking about it because we knew we’d messed up but all passed fine.

DMI was nice, both of the people conducting the interview were very nice people and made it a nice experience. MMI was less nice but not a bad experience as long as you think about your answers and make sure you remember all the details necessary for your examples used.

Good luck for in a few hours Static and Glen :)

I’m sure it all went fine, I’ll probably be thinking the same next week. At least you’ve done it now and it’s out the way. Can’t wait to be in that position lol. It’s been nice having a decent amount of time to prepare but I’d of liked to of done it in October, a month after my first assessment day...oh well.

Mike121

I’m sure it all went fine, I’ll probably be thinking the same next week. At least you’ve done it now and it’s out the way. Can’t wait to be in that position lol. It’s been nice having a decent amount of time to prepare but I’d of liked to of done it in October, a month after my first assessment day...oh well.

Where have you applied for?

martin2345uk

Established Member
It’s an IM depot, though PeteC from around these parts has been offered a HH position there so who really knows

Diff

I'm having my medical today, I was in your position a couple of months ago, I remember my 3 hour drive home tormenting myself because I thought I'd failed the MMi. Some find it easy and some don't. That doesn't mean you haven't passed and just keep your chin up mate.
Congrats on getting to the medical stage! Hopefully I'm there one day haha. At first I thought the MMI went well, everyone else came out of it all stressed and saying how bad it was, but I came out feeling fine and feeling how it wasn't too bad, but not long after I realised some of my answers were bad and I should have answered differently to some of the things she asked me. We'll see though I suppose, I'll stay hopeful :)

We'll see mate, I'm not too hopeful about the MMI as I said to Seejwalker some of my answers were not very good but like you say it's done now and out the way haha. I agree with you about the prep time, I feel like a month would've been sufficient rather than over 2.5 months haha, although with the volume of applications I suppose they had a lot to get through.

I heard someone say yesterday that they had over 2000 applications, I'm not sure if that was for all depots or just for Crewe but either way it's a lot for the amount of jobs they have going...

Brooksy

Anyone on heat started the November course? And how’s it looking? Believe this week should be week one?

Stigy

Established Member
Letter just arrived for a medical tomorrow, talk about quick turnaround.
Thought you received the date in an email previously? Hope all went well anyway.
**** that they don't tell you about the MMI on the day anymore. I found out like 2 mins after and it was such a relief!
Agreed. I do think it was only our day like that though, as everyone else seems to have found out after?

Seejwalker

@Stigy they had emailed to ask my availability for arranging nthe Medical then I literally received the letter the next day with an appointment for the following. I had asked for the soonest available but never anticipated a turnaround that quick.

Mgv1349

Yeah mate all was well, she said it would last me three years so I've taken that as a pass (urine test pending, but I have no worries there). Disclosure Scotland is in process so hopefully have some good news in a couple of weeks.
Yeah mate she would of said if any issues! Ball is rolling now

GLENMAYE77

Did anyone else find the DMI extremely relaxed? Almost not like an interview, more like what type of person are you?

martin2345uk

Established Member
Mine was a bit like that but with 15 questions thrown in as well so parts felt pretty interviewish!

Seejwalker

Can I ask what sort of questions you were asked then? As I was expecting more 'give me an example of' questions similiar to the MMI format. Thanks
The questions are the same in principle, in the DMi you will explain your answer and that's as far as it goes, the MMI will look to explore your answer in more depth, they will ask things like "tell me what the first thing you done was" "what did you do after that" "what was the impact of this" "how did you feel about that"

bwlv9

The questions are the same in principle, in the DMi you will explain your answer and that's as far as it goes, the MMI will look to explore your answer in more depth, they will ask things like "tell me what the first thing you done was" "what did you do after that" "what was the impact of this" "how did you feel about that"

Thank you

Lenny_1986

Can anyone confirm the distance you can live from a depot as I thought it was an hour but in the DMI they encouraged me to also put a potential depot that is just over an hour from where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.