• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
Yeah it is probing I wouldn’t say brutal, the lady I had was really nice and smiling they don’t want you to fail, just don’t make up a scenario use a true example, I was asked ‘why’ 7 times for one answer I gave so they do push hahaa
Thanks for the advice. From what I’ve read about it here they do seem nice enough. I think the fact that you write your examples down first, helps in that you know what ones you’re using before you go in, rather than have to think in your feet and on the spot if that makes sense?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mgv1349

Thanks for the advice. From what I’ve read about it here they do seem nice enough. I think the fact that you write your examples down first, helps in that you know what ones you’re using before you go in, rather than have to think in your feet and on the spot if that makes sense?
Yeah defiantly does make sense! Try not to complicate it, one was ‘what role do you do which is similar to a task a train driver would do?’ And I just answered driving a car and she said it was a good example but so simple.

Trakky

The MMI mainly. I can sort of do interviews okay, but the MMI just seems brutal haha. I’ve prepared, but don’t want to over prepare and over analyse it all. I’m glad it’s relaxed as that will no doubt make it less nerve wracking.

Stigy the MMI really isn't as bad as people make out imo just don't treat it like a job interview and say what you think they want to hear, be clear concise confident in your answers and most of all if you've given an example that happened sometime ago, if you're asked for specifics I.e time if you don't remember be honest good luck mate

Lendog2012

Well done martin2345uk, Im sure the DMI will be fine if you passed the MMI.

Good Luck Stigy, hope it goes well for you!

As I was put in the Talent Pool, I'm just wondering how long they may keep me (and others) in it? Hope its not too long.......

Mike121

Well done martin2345uk, Im sure the DMI will be fine if you passed the MMI.

Good Luck Stigy, hope it goes well for you!

As I was put in the Talent Pool, I'm just wondering how long they may keep me (and others) in it? Hope its not too long.......

Perhaps until they have completed the interviews for the depot you have gone for? Hope there’s lots of jobs going lol

4F89

Depends how far through the process you are if you want to contact Freightliner or the OPC

Stigy

Established Member
Well, all done. Passed the MMI so am chuffed to say the least! Agreed it’s not really as bad as I thought. Now fingers crossed for the DMI! But to be fair, this was the one that worries me most as it forms part of the assessment process process. Thanks Pete for the lift to the centre! Was nice to meet you! Probably saw some others there that are lurking the forums? :D

Thanks all, for the advice so far!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Well, all done. Passed the MMI so am chuffed to say the least! Agreed it’s not really as bad as I thought. Now fingers crossed for the DMI! But to be fair, this was the one that worries me most as it forms part of the assessment process process. Thanks Pete for the lift to the centre! Was nice to meet you! Probably saw some others there that are lurking the forums? :D

Congrats mate... hope we don't have to wait too long to find out :s

Stigy

Established Member
Yeah defiantly does make sense! Try not to complicate it, one was ‘what role do you do which is similar to a task a train driver would do?’ And I just answered driving a car and she said it was a good example but so simple.
I used the long drive example too (as I think a lot of people do lol). Ironically, it was the one I assumed would be easiest, but turned out to be the other way round. A lot of probing going on! I had to really emphasise that although I took a break halfway through, I had children in the car so had their needs to think of. She was obviously relating it to a train driver where you may not have a break particularly soon. I had to work hard on that one.

As has been said to me time and time again, if there’s anybody worried about the MMI, don’t be, as the fact that you know exactly what scenarios you’ll be speaking about BEFORE the interview helps immensely!

Stigy

Established Member
Congrats mate... hope we don't have to wait too long to find out :s
Thanks! Congrats to you too...there’s so many people posting good news I can’t remember if I’ve said it already, so congrats again. Hopefully won’t be a long wait. To echo what others have been told, it seems Birmingham and Crewe are very short on numbers so I imagine they’ll be looking to fill courses at those places first?

RoseA

Congrats to you guys getting through! I'm new to this forum and have just spent the last hour reading through all of your posts since July-ish. I have my stage 2 assessments next Weds (17th) so currently sat researching FL, interview questions and putting my own experiences down on paper!! This forum has been a great help so far though :D

Mike121

Congrats to you guys getting through! I'm new to this forum and have just spent the last hour reading through all of your posts since July-ish. I have my stage 2 assessments next Weds (17th) so currently sat researching FL, interview questions and putting my own experiences down on paper!! This forum has been a great help so far though :D

Brilliant! Good luck for next week, where have you applied for?

Stigy

Established Member
Good luck for next week!

Luke Allen

Hello all,

Has anybody heard if they have passed the Driver Manager interviews that were held on Monday / Tuesday?

I had mine on Tuesday and I’m checking my emails far more regularly that what would be deemed as healthy

GLENMAYE77

Awesome! Well done

Paull

Has anybody who applied for Birmingham been given a date for a course or medical yet? Keep reading it’s a high priority depot but haven’t seen anyone post that they’ve had an offer?

GJ_DAN

Congrats to those who’ve completed stage 2, must be a relief to finally get it out the way. Mine isn’t til 5th Dec, I just want to get it done now!

It’s nice to hear the MMI isn’t as intense as first thought, I just hope my examples will be good enough. What kind of questions do they ask for it? I have an idea, but it would be nice to have a bit more clarity.

Did you guy’s do any sort of prep for the computer tests? I feel there isn’t much you can do about preparing for that. I play Bop It, and I’m a bit of a gamer anyway, so I’m used to using analog sticks. Thats my excuse to the wife when playing on the PS4....I’m practicing for my tests lol.

Congrats to those who’ve completed stage 2, must be a relief to finally get it out the way. Mine isn’t til 5th Dec, I just want to get it done now!

It’s nice to hear the MMI isn’t as intense as first thought, I just hope my examples will be good enough. What kind of questions do they ask for it? I have an idea, but it would be nice to have a bit more clarity.

Did you guy’s do any sort of prep for the computer tests? I feel there isn’t much you can do about preparing for that. I play Bop It, and I’m a bit of a gamer anyway, so I’m used to using analog sticks. Thats my excuse to the wife when playing on the PS4....I’m practicing for my tests lol.

To be honest I thought the same as you re the joysticks and being a gamer (I too have a PS4) but in some ways it was a hindrance - mainly because the PS4 joysticks can be moved in a number of directions each but the ones in the test are horizontal for the left hand and vertical for the right. That means moving diagonally on the screen required a bit more thought and dexterity

Stigy

Established Member

You’re right in that the computer tests can’t really be prepared for in terms of practise material. I didn’t need to do them this time round, but when I did (and it’s the same tests) I found that just having an awareness of what to expect was enough preparation I needed. I didn’t even look at the practise material this time round (although at first I was unsure if I’d have to sit them) and solely focussed on interview prep. That would be my advice. Be aware before the day of the sort of tests you’ll be sitting, but don’t worry too much about preparation. Save that for the interviews. You’ll have shown good aptitude to get beyond stage one, so just pay attention/ read the instructions and be aware of what you need to do with the computer based tests. Hope this helps!

Mgv1349

I used the long drive example too (as I think a lot of people do lol). Ironically, it was the one I assumed would be easiest, but turned out to be the other way round. A lot of probing going on! I had to really emphasise that although I took a break halfway through, I had children in the car so had their needs to think of. She was obviously relating it to a train driver where you may not have a break particularly soon. I had to work hard on that one.

As has been said to me time and time again, if there’s anybody worried about the MMI, don’t be, as the fact that you know exactly what scenarios you’ll be speaking about BEFORE the interview helps immensely!
That’s brilliant I’m glad you have passed! Yes I found the same the driving one was the one she probed with the most lol

delticdeano74

Just had an email to book my medical in Manchester on the 22nd! Absolutley elated.
Been a long 3 weeks since my DMI! Applied for Peak Forest.

Static65

Just had an email to book my medical in Manchester on the 22nd! Absolutley elated.
Been a long 3 weeks since my DMI! Applied for Peak Forest.

Well done Deano. Must be made up! I'm in for Peak Forest too, so hoping to join you, but DMI is still some way off for me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.