• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseA

Passed my stage 2 on the 17th in Crewe, still waiting to hear back about the mmi and dmi tho! Frantically checking emails every couple of hours lol. I was told you would hear back about the mmi within a couple of days then 7-10 days for the dmi anyone had any results from the same week yet?
Also was told they interviewing 6 people a day till Christmas!
Hi! I passed stage 2 on 17th too. I found out on Friday that I have passed DMI & MMI. Medical booked for 30th in Birmingham.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lee0901

Hi. Has anybody managed to get any feedback off freightliner? I've tried emailing and using the phone number posted on here but can't make contact on any of them. Also anybody who failed first time did you mention on your next interview that you have already passed the psychometric tests?

L.T

Hi! I passed stage 2 on 17th too. I found out on Friday that I have passed DMI & MMI. Medical booked for 30th in Birmingham.

Nice one!! Well done! Now I’m thinking why haven’t I heard yet? Lol, Was you at Crewe? The lady from the underground?

Stigy

Established Member
Hi. Has anybody managed to get any feedback off freightliner? I've tried emailing and using the phone number posted on here but can't make contact on any of them. Also anybody who failed first time did you mention on your next interview that you have already passed the psychometric tests?
I’ve still not managed to get feedback yet. The email they used to email me doesn’t work. I’ll give them a call today and do some probing probably.

I’m a bit confused by what you mean about telling the next company about the psychometric tests? They’ll know long before they interview you that you’ve already passed as the interview is the last part of the process.

Lee0901

I’ve still not managed to get feedback yet. The email they used to email me doesn’t work. I’ll give them a call today and do some probing probably.

I’m a bit confused by what you mean about telling the next company about the psychometric tests? They’ll know long before they interview you that you’ve already passed as the interview is the last part of the process.

I thought some TOC's did DMI before psychometric tests? Also what number do you have for freightliner? The one posted on here a couple of days ago doesn't work.

Stigy

Established Member
I thought some TOC's did DMI before psychometric tests? Also what number do you have for freightliner? The one posted on here a couple of days ago doesn't work.
I’ve never known interviews to be before assessments, as the outcome of the assessments dictates whether it’s worth interviewing.

I searched their website and emailed [email protected]. Turns out that was a designated email for qualified driver recruitment judging by the auto reply I received. I then emailed [email protected] and received a reply almost instantly from a human saying he had passed my details on to HR. Initially I replied to the rejection email I received as it seemed that was what one should do, however this generated an auto-reply saying they can’t take questions or answer any emails from that address.

If I don’t get a reply in the next couple of days I’ll pester some more. If I don’t get a reply then, I’ll visit Eastleigh depot again :D

Last edited:

Seejwalker

I’ve never known interviews to be before assessments, as the outcome of the assessments dictates whether it’s worth interviewing.

I searched their website and emailed [email protected]. Turns out that was a designated email for qualified driver recruitment judging by the auto reply I received. I then emailed [email protected] and received a reply almost instantly from a human saying he had passed my details on to HR. Initially I replied to the rejection email I received as it seemed that was what one should do, however this generated an auto-reply saying they can’t take questions or answer any emails from that address.

If I don’t get a reply in the next couple of days I’ll pester some more. If I don’t get a reply then, I’ll visit Eastleigh depot again :D

HR
01270 452436

Stigy

Established Member
HR
01270 452436
Thanks for that, I’ll give it a call as my next port of call if they don’t email me back. I know I’m likely to have to do some pestering as their attention will be on those who have passed rather than offering feedback to those who haven’t.

Seejwalker

Thanks for that, I’ll give it a call as my next port of call if they don’t email me back. I know I’m likely to have to do some pestering as their attention will be on those who have passed rather than offering feedback to those who haven’t.

I hope you get the feedback you need mate.

mumrar

Established Member
Well, if people are going into a pool since October then interviewees for January if successful may be getting rather crinkly fingers after spending more time in the pool than they'd like to :)

Stigy

Established Member
Just received what I assume is going to be the extent of the feedback I’m going to get from Freightliner;

“Hi Stigy, (that’s not my real name by the way lol)

We have had received such a high calibre of candidates, and unfortunately on this occasion your answer were not as full and comprehensive as others.

We do have other career options available. Please check our website for future roles which may be of interest to you.

Best wishes for the future.

Corinne”

Not sure what I was expecting, but that just seems like the easy thing to say? They probably didn’t even need to speak to the interviewing manager to get that info? May be just me and to be honest I suppose it’s about as much detail as they’ll go in to with anybody.

Lee0901

Just received what I assume is going to be the extent of the feedback I’m going to get from Freightliner;

“Hi Stigy, (that’s not my real name by the way lol)

We have had received such a high calibre of candidates, and unfortunately on this occasion your answer were not as full and comprehensive as others.

We do have other career options available. Please check our website for future roles which may be of interest to you.

Best wishes for the future.

Corinne”

Not sure what I was expecting, but that just seems like the easy thing to say? They probably didn’t even need to speak to the interviewing manager to get that info? May be just me and to be honest I suppose it’s about as much detail as they’ll go in to with anybody.
Mine was exactly the same!!

4F89

Pretty generic yeah, and doesn't help you much, but they can hardly say "your face won't fit" or "you uuuugly dawg" I suppose. Of which I'm sure neither are true.

Stigy

Established Member
Pretty generic yeah, and doesn't help you much, but they can hardly say "your face won't fit" or "you uuuugly dawg" I suppose. Of which I'm sure neither are true.
This is true. I was kind of expecting a generic response I guess, and I expect that it’s a good thing in a way. Id like to think if there was something major, they’d tell the applicant. I know some companies will give specifics on what you did wrong in terms of answers you scored lower on. If nothing else it was relatively prompt. The reply came from the email that I initially replied to so I’m guessing it was antypucal out of office sort of reply, so they did actually get my original email request.

Seejwalker

This is true. I was kind of expecting a generic response I guess, and I expect that it’s a good thing in a way. Id like to think if there was something major, they’d tell the applicant. I know some companies will give specifics on what you did wrong in terms of answers you scored lower on. If nothing else it was relatively prompt. The reply came from the email that I initially replied to so I’m guessing it was antypucal out of office sort of reply, so they did actually get my original email request.
Don't feel to disheartened by it stigy, I can only imagine they have a large number of people requesting feedback from DMI and it seems to be only one lady responding. I reckon you'd get a "beefier" answer if you called HR.

Stigy

Established Member
Don't feel to disheartened by it stigy, I can only imagine they have a large number of people requesting feedback from DMI and it seems to be only one lady responding. I reckon you'd get a "beefier" answer if you called HR.
Thanks, I might give them a call at some point. I know roughly where I can improve for next time so not too worried about th feedback being generic. Not sure how many people ended up going for DMIs but I’m going to hazard a guess there were a lot more candidates than there are positions. It’s always going to be a difficult job to get in to. Again, well done to all you guys who got there!

Pete C

Just had an email from the OPC confirming my Vienna tests and MMI passes. Nearly gave me a heart attack! Nothing I didn't already know though.

For those of you waiting for MMI results hopefully it's a welcome surprise! :)

RoseA

Nice one!! Well done! Now I’m thinking why haven’t I heard yet? Lol, Was you at Crewe? The lady from the underground?
Hi! Yes I am. Have you heard anything yet? We’re you on the first set of Vienna tests or the second?

Stigy

Established Member
Just had an email from the OPC confirming my Vienna tests and MMI passes. Nearly gave me a heart attack! Nothing I didn't already know though.

For those of you waiting for MMI results hopefully it's a welcome surprise! :)
Same here :)

I nearly had a heart attack too as assumed I’d not get another email from them haha. Just as well it still said ‘passed’ so I’m still happy

Nishhh

Same here :)

I nearly had a heart attack too as assumed I’d not get another email from them haha. Just as well it still said ‘passed’ so I’m still happy

Me too! Literally was like omg omg! Happy to say I passed Vienna and MMI just awaiting the DMI results...

Pete C

Me too! Literally was like omg omg! Happy to say I passed Vienna and MMI just awaiting the DMI results...
Well done Nish! Fingers crossed for good news on the DMI, they don't seem to have gotten to Tilbury people yet if that's how they're doing it.

Nishhh

Well done Nish! Fingers crossed for good news on the DMI, they don't seem to have gotten to Tilbury people yet if that's how they're doing it.

I hope that’s how it’s going! Have you heard anything back yet? When did you sit stage 2?

Pete C

I hope that’s how it’s going! Have you heard anything back yet? When did you sit stage 2?
11th Oct and no I've not heard anything. At my DMI they said 3 and a half weeks which I thought was oddly specific haha

Stigy

Established Member
Lee was for Tilbury, so maybe they’re telling the unsuccessful ones first? That’s how it looks, all positive for you I’m sure. Good luck.

Nishhh

Thank you everyone!

Sounds about right in regards to 3 and a half weeks as the manager simply said “a couple of weeks” to me so I won’t hold my breath!

Saying that I’ve been checking my emails like crazy, my phone will be packing up soon if I continue!

Status
Not open for further replies.