• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gavelex on ITV London...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavelex

Just be careful how you approach this....go in all guns blazing, and the ES may well say "go away 14 year old boy", knowing that it's pretty likely that you would not take legal action against them for using your pictures. However, I would definately get in touch with them about it!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing

WOOOO 3 pages about me :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bighat

It helped that I had all my mates there giving support. Sorry about the spaz next to me, the head teacher (who has being trying to get me excluded for things I havent done all through my time there) was folowing me like a shadow and decided who my 'mates' were<(. guess he wanted me to look like a :angel13: :lol:

Absolutely NO chance of anyone who knows you making THAT mistake! :) :) :)

RJ

Established Member
I am NOT happy with evening substandard. They used my photos on there website and in there paper, without telling me. I only found out from the ITV crew when they had the printout! they never even bothered to credit me <(.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Ain't got anything yet :(

I find that these people will take the mick unless they know you won't have it! Don't bother e-mailing them, I suggest you ring them and give em a piece of your mind, and don't listen to them if they try and fool you into thinking that they were allowed to use your pics!

I know its nice to have such an achievement but they really should compensate you.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I am NOT happy with evening substandard. They used my photos on there website and in there paper, without telling me. I only found out from the ITV crew when they had the printout! they never even bothered to credit me <(.:(
Just calmly give them an invoice, perhaps £50 per photo or so?

Ask Snapper for advice!

Snapper

Established Member
If the Evening Standard used your photos without permission, they are in breach of copyright (assuming that you hold the copyright in the first place).

You should write to or email the Editor, pointing this out, and asking for payment at their agreed rate for photography (most papers pay on a sliding scale depending on the size of the picture used). If you don't get a response, phone them, and then if you still don't get satisfaction, threaten legal action.

Hope this helps.

Paul

class 313

Established Member
If the Evening Standard used your photos without permission, they are in breach of copyright (assuming that you hold the copyright in the first place).

You should write to or email the Editor, pointing this out, and asking for payment at their agreed rate for photography (most papers pay on a sliding scale depending on the size of the picture used). If you don't get a response, phone them, and then if you still don't get satisfaction, threaten legal action.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Am I right in thinking you actually have to have copyright papers to claim copyright?

Snapper

Established Member
No papers as such.

You own the copyright if the picture was taken by yourself and is your work, or whoever took it sold or passed on the copyright to you (in the latter case proof would be useful).

Daniel

Established Member
I would suppose the argument would only arise if someone else falesly claimed copyright. The problem then was if they had faked proof of ownership.

Tom B

Established Member
No Tom. I've had a similar dispute with one of my photos in a local paper a while back. Got £30 out of them, and an apology. Which was nice.

Which one? Free Press?

Status
Not open for further replies.