• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

341o2

Established Member
Has not 444045 provided the correct answer in that it is a fear of food in general?

Cibophobia v anorexia nervosa

Thank you....

Which pop singer or bands do these mismeshed titles belong to please :

1/ Did the seven wonders go over my head ?

2/ He was no son of mine, thats all!!

3/ I didnt go to Chelsea as its been a good year for the roses.

4/ Was there some confusion on the telephone line ?

5/ Were the wild boys, notorious ?

Only 1 answer left to find in this mismesh song titles, guess the singer or band quiz :

2/ He was no son of mine, thats all!!

Thats all the quiz questions answered and the winner is @DaleCooper with 2 correct.

Thank you to everyone who took part.

The turntable is all yours to ask the next question.....

DaleCooper

Established Member
Thats all the quiz questions answered and the winner is @DaleCooper with 2 correct.

Thank you to everyone who took part.

The turntable is all yours to ask the next question.....
Thank you.

Next question:

Sir Kenneth (Ken) Adam (production designer on Dr Strangelove, several James Bond films and many others), his brother Denis Adam and Peter Stevens (convicted fraudster, MI6 spy and businessman) are the only three people to share a particular distinction. What is it?

Gloster

Established Member
German nationals who flew with the RAF in World War II, which would have put them in a somewhat equivocal position if the Germans had known. I believe that Peter Stevens actually ended up in Stalag Luft II.

Loppylugs

Indeed, the dark-haired one from ABBA as most would say.

For you to set the next question.

Ah, the sight of Anni-Frid and Agnetha together, still gives me a flutter !!

Most of us have heard of the German Battleship Tirpitz, destroyed in a Norwegian fjord. The ship was named after a German Admiral. But there was another Tirpitz which achieved fame.
What was this, and for a bonus point, can you supply a small snippet of it's history ?

DaleCooper

Established Member
Ah, the sight of Anni-Frid and Agnetha together, still gives me a flutter !!

Most of us have heard of the German Battleship Tirpitz, destroyed in a Norwegian fjord. The ship was named after a German Admiral. But there was another Tirpitz which achieved fame.
What was this, and for a bonus point, can you supply a small snippet of it's history ?
A zeppelin?