• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go Cornwall Bus

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swifty

Established Member
Trying not to divert the thread too much here, but what set up does the FK / Former FK E200s have? Is that full aircon or cab air con?

Perhaps the only Air Con vehicles in Cornwall for now will be the P&R Mercs.

Looks like the same ‘pods’ that have been spec’d on First Bristol single deckers over the past 15 years or so, these have only had it for the driver.

CornwallBus

The older two P&Rs in Truro have it, the 15 plates were never specd with air con... added window vents were added instead.

carlberry

Established Member
National news on BBC1 had a feature on tourist industry issues including a husband and wife coach drivers from Cumbria who used to work for Shearings. The husband had to relocate to Cornwall and had a phone video call from his (parked up) cab with TfC uniform visible!

Goldfish62

Established Member
I've noticed that the T1 evening service has recently converted to double deck, usually the new E400s.

embers25

Established Member
TfC at it again with the timetable changes. All afternoon buses serving Budehaven school now leave the school 10 mins earlier. They did notify passengers on Twitter (nothing on the buses I saw) and the new timetables are online but there is no mention in the service changes bit of the website. Also, the new timetable for the 95 changes to run 10 mins earlier on non-schooldays and Saturdays too which was not mentioned in the twitter message and clearly is not due to the school. No other non-schoolday or saturday services change! The other interesting thing was that the initial tweets stated "If you have any questions about these changes, please contact Bude Haven School." Whilst I appreciate the school requested the change, you wouldn't call the school for a bus timetable and particularly not for a Saturday one!!!

LAIRA

I rode the 71 from Derriford to Saltash today. 2439 arrived with 2 passengers, but I was the only passenger all the way to Saltash. One man boarded at The Ploughboy for the return trip.

Rjd2020

Does anyone know which buses are at which outstation for go Cornwall? I saw a few at Bodmin and Penzance this morning on the outstations. I'm just interested to know which are at which site.

Last edited by a moderator:

LAIRA

Does anyone know which buses are at which outstation for go Cornwall? I saw a few at Bodmin and Penzance this morning on the outstations. I'm just interested to know which are at which site.
They move around quite a bit. There are duties which start and finish at different depots mainly to return the buses to Newquay where most of the maintainance is done.

MB162435

Established Member
Looks like TfC are finally nearly fully staffed, still a good few vacancies left but at least a full workforce is finally within reach:

5 vacancies left at Newquay, 3 at Helston and 7 at Bodmin

TfC was featured on BBC Spotlight earlier as part of a report on finding unemployed people work as a result of the Pandemic, after they advertised on BBC Radio Cornwall looking for drivers with 12 recruited through the Radio apparently

So does look like the local media advertising along with the Newquay recruitment event does look to have payed off

Lizard1324

As said they do move around alot but today there has been a few 70 plates out from the Helston depot with a few 70 plate e200mmc and a few e400mmc

Saw tfc 515 - WF63 LYZ on the 38 today branded in callywith college livery which is a turquoise blue but it looks to had a accident and has had its rear bumper replaced, but it new bumper is red and is not the correct colour and stick out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

MB162435

Established Member
OTS has today taken delivery of brand new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter RX70 SCV for TfC local services

This is their 7th new delivery and 12th bus in total for TfC work

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Could I remind everyone (again) that posting screenshots should be avoided. If you wish to quote from a Tweet, or any other source on the web, the text should be either copied and pasted or transcribed.

Lizard1324

Does anyone know are the ex stagecoach London red e400 with regs starting with sl64, are they to be part of the TfC fleet or for use in Plymouth as a large majority were being used in Cornwall. but they seem to be all Plymouth based now apart from one, and the tfc stickers on the bus have now been replaced with Plymouth City bus ones (looking at recent photos).

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Does anyone know are the ex stagecoach London red e400 with regs starting with sl64, are they to be part of the TfC fleet or for use in Plymouth as a large majority were being used in Cornwall. but they seem to be all Plymouth based now apart from one, and the tfc stickers on the bus have now been replaced with Plymouth City bus ones (looking at recent photos).
Weren’t they temporarily there and now replaced by 70 reg e400mmc?

Lizard1324

Weren’t they temporarily there and now replaced by 70 reg e400mmc?
They had stickers saying they are temporary until new buses arrive
This is what I thought but I thought it would be the new e400 mmc but it looks like there is a higher demand for deckers now so I would have thought that some 64 plate e400 would be used in Cornwall as we still have a few yellow flash and Plymouth branded e400 around, also the 06 plate e400 which will need to be converted of they stay

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
This is what I thought but I thought it would be the new e400 mmc but it looks like there is a higher demand for deckers now so I would have thought that some 64 plate e400 would be used in Cornwall as we still have a few yellow flash and Plymouth branded e400 around, also the 06 plate e400 which will need to be converted of they stay
Converted to what and why?

Perhaps it’s because the 14 plates are short wheelbase and with dual doors, they are of lower capacity?

Lizard1324

Converted to what and why?

Perhaps it’s because the 14 plates are short wheelbase and with dual doors, they are of lower capacity?
They have to be converted to euro 5 / 6 ( can't remember which one) not sure if they are already.
If I'm right in thinking (might be wrong) the sl64 plate e400 are the pre facelift (well the lights are) and I know the newer facelifted e400s were offer with a new euro 5 engine but with these being 2014 London buses they are likely hybrid with newer euro engines.

Goldfish62

Established Member
They have to be converted to euro 5 / 6 ( can't remember which one) not sure if they are already.
If I'm right in thinking (might be wrong) the sl64 plate e400 are the pre facelift (well the lights are) and I know the newer facelifted e400s were offer with a new euro 5 engine but with these being 2014 London buses they are likely hybrid with newer euro engines.
They are already Euro VI. A few Euro VI E400s were delivered to London pre-MMC. They're certainly not hybrids.

farwest

I travelled on the 88 from Redruth to Newquay today with one other person undertaking the same trip. Well driven but the timings are so slow. 4 minutes waiting near Blackwater and 8 minutes by Perranzabuloe church. There is obviously plenty of time for this route to go via Perranporth. The trip from Chiverton to Goonhavern does not really go through any areas of population.
The timetable does not show the 88 stopping at Perranzabuloe church which it obviously does.

CornwallBus

I do love the fact that even on the way to do a school run the 30 darts in for diesel! Not even later on in the evening. First time i've seen the 30 in for fuel at Tescos tho at 3pm!

Attachments

• 20201214_145831.jpg
    20201214_145831.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 73