• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go Cornwall Bus

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MotCO

Established Member
I do love the fact that even on the way to do a school run the 30 darts in for diesel! Not even later on in the evening. First time i've seen the 30 in for fuel at Tescos tho at 3pm!

Good job it wasn't an E400!

farwest

The 7 on Saturday was showing A1 as apparently no 7 display available. Very confused when I saw an A1 at Zennor.

busdave

I travelled on the 88 from Redruth to Newquay today with one other person undertaking the same trip. Well driven but the timings are so slow. 4 minutes waiting near Blackwater and 8 minutes by Perranzabuloe church. There is obviously plenty of time for this route to go via Perranporth. The trip from Chiverton to Goonhavern does not really go through any areas of population.
The timetable does not show the 88 stopping at Perranzabuloe church which it obviously does.
A friend told me about a week ago that a FK bus broke down entering Newquay bus station, blocking it off; his 88 left the Post Office about 20 mins late, the driver went like a bat out of hell, & they got to Redruth rail station only 1 minute late!

CornwallBus

2439 seen on a 25 this morning heading to Newquay. Wonder if it made the turn at Safe Harbour? Or struggled with the length through the Carlyon Bay tunnel....

richw

Veteran Member
2439 seen on a 25 this morning heading to Newquay. Wonder if it made the turn at Safe Harbour? Or struggled with the length through the Carlyon Bay tunnel....
Appears to have run to and from Hansen drive car park a didn’t serve safe Harbour attached screen print showing this from tracker

Attachments

• 641F5603-FA43-4707-A554-2162E39860F2.png
    641F5603-FA43-4707-A554-2162E39860F2.png
    621.6 KB · Views: 30

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Is a decker normally on the last 39a of the day from Pz? One was yesterday. Shouldn't this journey at least run via Marazion? The near 6 p.m. departure is the latest one I've ever seen in thirty odd years of following this 'back road' route to Camborne, under the numbers 12 and 32 among others. I was a regular on the 5.40 p.m. dep from the bus station to Goldsithney on the 12 for a few years.

richw

Veteran Member
Is a decker normally on the last 39a of the day from Pz? One was yesterday. Shouldn't this journey at least run via Marazion? The near 6 p.m. departure is the latest one I've ever seen in thirty odd years of following this 'back road' route to Camborne, under the numbers 12 and 32 among others. I was a regular on the 5.40 p.m. dep from the bus station to Goldsithney on the 12 for a few years.
Looking at historic public available tracking data the last 39a to Camborne has been a decker every day for the last couple of weeks on weekdays

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Looking at historic public available tracking data the last 39a to Camborne has been a decker every day for the last couple of weeks on weekdays
Thanks. I'm a bit out of touch recently. Does this duty go on to another route after Camborne?

richw

Veteran Member
Thanks. I'm a bit out of touch recently. Does this duty go on to another route after Camborne?
Looks to go onto late T1 Penzance /Camborne rotation. Screen shot attached from tracking from 22nd December showing this

Attachments

• C4E5DE1B-DCE2-44FD-BACA-6DE9B0BAB266.png
    C4E5DE1B-DCE2-44FD-BACA-6DE9B0BAB266.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 35

Lizard1324

Has anyone heard anything about the optate solo that hopleys are due, as these are one if the few buses left for delivery

richw

Veteran Member
Has anyone heard anything about the optate solo that hopleys are due, as these are one if the few buses left for delivery
Optare have around a 12 month wait from order to delivery. Add covid delays I can’t see them being ready for a few months yet

CornwallBus

Anyone know why the 25 was on diversion past Aldi at St.Austell? About 3.15pm?

Again TfC terminate the 30 early to get fuel in Tescos St.Austell. in at 1457, then out of the fillong station and up the bypass to Penrice Academy. Dont know if the passengers at Holmbush Inn were waiting for it... ah well just anothrr hour to wait! Bit shambolic really....

Attachments

• 20210104_145729.jpg
    20210104_145729.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
With TfC’s new MMCs all here you’d have thought some of the 65 plate E200s & 63 & 65 plate E400s would’ve returned to Plymouth by now. They still even have some of the 06 plate E400s at Newquay.

fgwrich

Established Member
Anyone know why the 25 was on diversion past Aldi at St.Austell? About 3.15pm?

Again TfC terminate the 30 early to get fuel in Tescos St.Austell. in at 1457, then out of the fillong station and up the bypass to Penrice Academy. Dont know if the passengers at Holmbush Inn were waiting for it... ah well just anothrr hour to wait! Bit shambolic really....

Something about that seems so very Western Greyhound again to me. It really does.

richw

Veteran Member
Something about that seems so very Western Greyhound again to me. It really does.
There’s quite a few former western greyhound managers and drivers at TFC... maybe explains the WGH memories being reignited in the way they run

Lizard1324

With TfC’s new MMCs all here you’d have thought some of the 65 plate E200s & 63 & 65 plate E400s would’ve returned to Plymouth by now. They still even have some of the 06 plate E400s at Newquay.
I'm unsure about the 06 plate e400s (due to emissions) but the 63 and 65 plate ones are needed as there isn't enough new 70 plate e400mmc to use on cornwall routes, for instance helston deport yesterday had 6 double deckers which are needed every day for different routes and only 1 was a e400mmc.
I'm assuming that the 64 plate ex London stagecoach e400 which were bought are running in Plymouth which have allowed the 63 & 65 plate ones to be used in Cornwall.
For single deckers in unsure as I have seen a dart or 06 or 08 plate e200 for a long time (used to see them all the time at the start of the contract), but they painted them in tfc colours so why not use them (some have been painted red but have had Plymouth citybus vinalys added, so might all end up like this)

83G/84D

Established Member
I saw a dual door E200 heading towards Penzance a few weeks ago, the other E200's such as the Green flash one's seem to have gone from West Cornwall.

LAIRA

I saw a dual door E200 heading towards Penzance a few weeks ago, the other E200's such as the Green flash one's seem to have gone from West Cornwall.
According to Bus Times 150/151/152/155/156/159 are working for TFC today mainly in East Cornwall

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Nearly crashed my car in Rosudgeon yesterday when a 2 passed me with a passenger at the front upstairs, unless GCB are resorting to cardboard cut-outs: in any case, it was almost certainly going to pick up a waiting passenger at Perran Crossroads. Other than at school times, these are the first passengers I've ever seen on the route. The M6 school contract doubledecker this p.m. had no children on it, though.

Lizard1324

A post on facebook said that there is still a few 64 plate e400 to be converted to single door configuration, but these are apparently going to be placed on the 56 when finished which would mean that the 06 plate e400 would return to Plymouth.
Then all buses would reach the emission set by cornwall council (apart from hopleys solos maybe).
Any one know why they only use the 06 plate e400s on the 56 as I never recall seeing a newer e400 or the mmc on that route.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
A post on facebook said that there is still a few 64 plate e400 to be converted to single door configuration, but these are apparently going to be placed on the 56 when finished which would mean that the 06 plate e400 would return to Plymouth.
Then all buses would reach the emission set by cornwall council (apart from hopleys solos maybe).
Any one know why they only use the 06 plate e400s on the 56 as I never recall seeing a newer e400 or the mmc on that route.
Is it because short wheelbase vehicles are needed for Harlyn Bridge?

richw

Veteran Member

Is it because short wheelbase vehicles are needed for Harlyn Bridge?

Longer wheelbase vehicles ground their belly on Harlyn bridge.
Longer vehicles can’t make the turn in St Mawgan bridge.
when FK were running the route, maximum length of 10m vehicles were allocated. The 10.6m tridents couldn’t negotiate either of the above.
I believe PCBs 63 and 65 plate e400 are 11m

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Longer wheelbase vehicles ground their belly on Harlyn bridge.
Longer vehicles can’t make the turn in St Mawgan bridge.
when FK were running the route, maximum length of 10m vehicles were allocated. The 10.6m tridents couldn’t negotiate either of the above.
I believe PCBs 63 and 65 plate e400 are 11m
Thanks @richw - I remembered you'd mentioned Harlyn Bridge in the past and the grounding issue.

Lizard1324

As that somebody was Rob Hopley on a Facebook enthusiast group we can take it as an official source.
Is likely true.
Does anyone know the specs of the new solos such as lengths and will these come with USB and other promised features

Goldfish62

Established Member
I notice that the TfC app is changing its name to Go Cornwall Bus from 15th February.

I wonder if this is an indication of Cornwall Council trying to distinguish TfC, which is essentially the council's transport coordination division, from the the operator.