• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go Cornwall Bus

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
Thought I would bump this. I would have put this in the original Go Cornwall Bus thread but that is locked to further replies so I will post here instead.

From recent VOSA Bus Service registrations come these changes for Plymouth Citybus & GCB routes effective 02nd April:
- 3 (Penzance - Rosehill Gardens, via. Manor Way): withdrawn (cancelled registration)
- 11 (Plymouth - Bodmin Parkway): Revised timetable for reliability.
- 12 / 12A (Launceston - Plymouth via. Saltash): Revised route & TT; 12A to serve Coads Green.
- 16A (Penzance - St. Ives, via. Zennor): Revised timetable for reliability.
- 22 (St. Austell - Truro, via. St. Stephen): Revised TT to give 30-minute frequency between St. Austell and St. Dennis in combination with Service 21.
- 25 (St. Austell - Newquay, via. St. Stephen): registered as a "new service" (see thoughts after the end of this list)
- 25 (Fowey - St. Austell, via. Par): extended in Par to Tower Park (Car Park); revised timetable. (Confusing: see above)
- 26 (St. Austell - Bodmin, via. Roche): Revised timetable.
- 27 (St. Austell - Truro, via. Probus): Revised timetable.
- 30 (St. Austell Town Service): Revised timetable.
- 34 (Helston - The Lizard): Revision to 1433 departure from The Lizard to serve Helston Community College.
- 35 (Falmouth - Helston, via. Gweek): Withdrawn. (cancelled registration).
- 35 (Falmouth - Helston, via. Helford Passage): says "Monday to Saturday hourly, extending to Helston 2 hourly" (confusing: see above).
- 36 / 36A (Truro - Helston): Revision of 36A to serve Penryn Asda.
- 36S (Truro, Penair School - Redruth): New Service.
- 38 (Camborne - Helston, via. Sithney): Revised timetable
- 39 (Helston - Camborne via. Sithney): Revised timetable.
- 39A (Camborne - Penzance, via. Leedstown): Revised timetable.
- 46 (Camborne - Illogan): Revised route to serve Weath Road instead of Pengegon (see 48 / 49); revised timetable.
- 48 / 49 (Redruth - Troon, via. Portreath): Revised route; 49 to serve Pengegon instead of Weath Road. Revised timetable.
- 50 (Truro - St. Mawes, via. Tregony): Revised timetable to improve connections at Tregony.
- 54 (Plymouth - Bovisand, via. Plymstock): withdrawn (cancelled registration)
- 56 (Padstow - Newquay, via. Watergate Bay): Route revision at Mawgan and revised timetable to improve reliability with peak summer TT variation.
- 58 & 59 (Newquay - Pentire): revised route and timetable for both services.
- 65 (Falmouth Town Service): withdrawn
- 67 (Falmouth Town Service): Revised timetable.
- 70 (Cremyll - Plymouth, via. Millbrook): Revised timetable.
- 72 (Polperro - Plymouth, via. Saltash): Revised timetable.
- 73 (Polperro - Liskeard, via. Looe): Revised route and timetable with seasonal uplift.
- 75 (Liskeard - Torpoint, via. Downderry): Revised timetable for reliability
- 77 (Liskeard - Looe, via. Trago Mills): Revised timetable; withdrawn from Hannafore
- 236/237 (Liskeard - Launceston via. Pensilva): Renumbered to 78/78A; revised timetable for reliability.
- 373 (Warbstow - Bude,. via. Marhamchurch): Revised to serve Stratton Road instead of Kings Hill.
- 515 (Hayle - Penzance, via. St. Erth): Revised route and timetable; renumbered as Service 15.

Quite a list! Thoughts on that lot:
- Service 25 (first registration): registration entry says St. Austell - Newquay via. Par and Charlestown which, in the order of things, doesn't make much sense to me.

- Service 25 (second registration): is this 25 a typo for the 24? If not it suggests, in relation to the above point but maybe wrongly, that the existing 25 will extend to run Newquay - Par. Also, given the probable tight squeeze that the current Fowey terminus is, perhaps the car park on Tower Park is a more suitable location for a terminus? It will certainly make things easier for anyone in that part of Fowey who wishes to use a bus.

- Is the 35 cancelled or not? The second of the registrations for the 35 suggests a service which is much the same as at present.

HTIOI,
Dave

Last edited:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
The above was posted in the Plymouth Citybus thread because this one was closed; inactive threads are automatically locked by the forum software after a certain amount of time. If this is the case, please let us know by reporting the last post in the thread and we can unlock it for further discussion.

DaveHarries

Established Member
The above was posted in the Plymouth Citybus thread because this one was closed; inactive threads are automatically locked by the forum software after a certain amount of time. If this is the case, please let us know by reporting the last post in the thread and we can unlock it for further discussion.
Many thanks for reopening it. I have made a slight change to the points after the list.

Dave

didbygraham

The list of service changes isn't complete as more changes are coming through. Also, quite a few routes seem to be split across several registrations, and some of the changes coming through seem to be just moving sections from one registration to another so it all gets a bit confusing! I guess over the next week or so things will become a bit clearer - well hopefully anyway.

DaveHarries

Established Member
The list of service changes isn't complete as more changes are coming through. Also, quite a few routes seem to be split across several registrations, and some of the changes coming through seem to be just moving sections from one registration to another so it all gets a bit confusing! I guess over the next week or so things will become a bit clearer - well hopefully anyway.
It's quite a list already: I wonder what else is coming! I keep a daily eye on the registrations though so I will post any more here that I find.

Dave

richw

Veteran Member
A TFC driver posted a photo on a closed Facebook group of a 25 at Fowey Safe Harbour terminus with the caption that this sight won’t be seen for much longer so I assume the 25 is changing terminus. Another commented that the change will let First have the fowey passengers.

The car park at the top has always been known as Hansen drive car park. Unsure where tower car park is?

DaveHarries

Established Member
A TFC driver posted a photo on a closed Facebook group of a 25 at Fowey Safe Harbour terminus with the caption that this sight won’t be seen for much longer so I assume the 25 is changing terminus. Another commented that the change will let First have the fowey passengers.

The car park at the top has always been known as Hansen drive car park. Unsure where tower car park is?
I did see that Facebook post you refer to. I don't know if First will get all the Fowey passengers or not because Tower Park becomes Hansen Drive but the car park is referred to as the "Readymoney Car Park" and can be found here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...0x47b8af07aeac1f78!8m2!3d50.33499!4d-4.636525

Dave

Goldfish62

Established Member
It's quite a list already: I wonder what else is coming! I keep a daily eye on the registrations though so I will post any more here that I find.

Dave
PCB use EBSR (Electronic Bus Service Registration) whereas First South West still use the manual system so there'll always be a lag in processing any changes for the latter.

DaveHarries

Established Member
GCB's website now carries a bit about the pending changes for April but without giving a full run-down:

Dave

MotCO

Established Member
GCB's website now carries a bit about the pending changes for April but without giving a full run-down:

Dave

The press release states that the £2 fare cap will be extended to the end of June - is this just in Cornwll or does it apply nationwide?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I like that they’ve covered all operators in Cornwall in that post, and not just Go Ahead services.
The impending withdrawal of route 3 in Penzance with no obvious sign of replacement is concerning, unless the 16A tweaks are meant to provide partial replacement. The Treneere Estate and Roscadghill Parc areas have some of the greatest degrees of poverty in the country. However, it isn't included in this summary, unlike in the original GCB only list, so maybe there is hope.

Goldfish62

Established Member
The impending withdrawal of route 3 in Penzance with no obvious sign of replacement is concerning, unless the 16A tweaks are meant to provide partial replacement. The Treneere Estate and Roscadghill Parc areas have some of the greatest degrees of poverty in the country. However, it isn't included in this summary, unlike in the original GCB only list, so maybe there is hope.
It is being covered by the re-extension of the 16:

GC016 - St Ives to Penzance (Roscadghill Park) via Nancledra, Gulval, Penzance​

Registration numberPH0000135/225TypeNormal StoppingSupported by subsidy?In Part, Cornwall CouncilAuthoritiesCornwallAndScillies

Variation history​

• Received17 Feb 23
    • Effective3 Apr 23
    • Registered
      Timetable Change for reliability, Journeys to Rosehill Gardens added
    Operating between St Ives and Rosehill Gardens given service number 16 effective from 03 April

RELL6L

I’m intrigued by the proposed alteration to the 217, it refers to connecting at Holsworthy with buses to Barnstaple, Tavistock and Plymouth. The timings to connect with the 85 for Barnstaple is all wrong and it wouldn’t be possible to do a return trip and there are no buses from Holsworthy to Tavistock or Plymouth. So what is it getting at?

richw

Veteran Member
I’m intrigued by the proposed alteration to the 217, it refers to connecting at Holsworthy with buses to Barnstaple, Tavistock and Plymouth. The timings to connect with the 85 for Barnstaple is all wrong and it wouldn’t be possible to do a return trip and there are no buses from Holsworthy to Tavistock or Plymouth. So what is it getting at?
I was told by an enthusiast travelling on my bus this week that Stagecoach is to extend the 85 to Tavistock from Holsworthy. At the moment should be taken as unverified enthusiasts gossiping but might be worth keeping an eye on it.

DaveHarries

Established Member
I was told by an enthusiast travelling on my bus this week that Stagecoach is to extend the 85 to Tavistock from Holsworthy. At the moment should be taken as unverified enthusiasts gossiping but might be worth keeping an eye on it.
Interesting. An extension to Launceston would allow connections onto GCB Service 12 but an extension to Tavistock would allow ScSW to base vehicles for the route at both ends. Surely a change of driver would be needed somewhere along the way though due to driver hours regulations?

Dave

Goldfish62

Established Member
That spells bad news for the 16 then. It used to be on the inbound and outbound 16, but lost much time doing it, eventually was put on to the short Madron run. The 16 then had better timings.
A retrograde step unless more time is added.
Interesting. Let's see what happens.

RELL6L

Intriguing. Opens up interesting possibilities for trips! But where are the passengers coming from, this is all pretty empty country.
I think Barnstaple-Bideford-Holsworthy-Launceston-Tavistock and back could be done within drivers hours, or else have a break at Tavistock.
Or Tavistock to Exeter?!!
Even less clear why you would alter the timings of the 217 for this. Is there much custom from Morwenstow to Tavistock?

JKP

It makes sense to improve bus service provision between Tavistock and Launceston and Holsworthy, though would agree passengers will be few and far between. Connections could be made at Tavistock with the Stagecoach Plymouth service. I would imagine this to be a Devon CC initiative to better connect communities at the far west of the county. The first northbound and last southbound bus could be out stationed at Tavistock or perhaps start from/continue to Plymouth.

DaveHarries

Established Member
The first northbound and last southbound bus could be out stationed at Tavistock or perhaps start from/continue to Plymouth.
Looking at the new timetable on TravelineSW for 02/04/2023 I think that looks likely to happen. The first journey from Plymouth arr. Tavistock 0623 and the next at 0708: if I look at moring departures from Tavistock that suggests an overnight stabling at Tavistock for at least 6 if not 7 vehicles needed for morning journeys the next day.

There are journeys terminating at both ends with no subsequent workings in the evenings but it seems to me that Tavistock will be stabling most of the vehicles for Service 1. However revisions at the Plymouth end from the same date, mentioned in the Stagecoach South West thread, mean that Stagecoach will probably need the extra capacity because the Sherford area of that city, which currently only has 2 buses per hour, has been expanding and so will be getting rather more in the way of services. It could therefore be that some of the vehicles for any extension of the 85 could be stabled at Tavistock also.

Dave

RELL6L

Looking at the new TT on TravelineSW for 02/04/2023 I think that looks likely to happen. The first journey from Plymouth arr. Tavistock 0623 and the next at 0708: if I look at moring departures from Tavistock that suggests an overnight stabling at Tavistock for at least 6 if not 7 vehicles needed for morning journeys the next day.

There are journeys terminating at both ends with no subsequent workings in the evenings but it seems to me that Tavistock will be stabling most of the vehicles for Service 1. However revisions at the Plymouth end from the same date, mentioned in the Stagecoach South West thread, mean that Stagecoach will probably need the extra capacity because the Sherford area of that city, which currently only has 2 buses per hour, has been expanding and so will be getting rather more in the way of services. It could therefore be that some of the vehicles for any extension of the 85 could be stabled at Tavistock also.

Dave
The timetable is now available - see Stagecoach South West thread, and the 85 has indeed been extended to Tavistock via Launceston. Weirdly 5 journeys to Tavistock, 4 return. One bus clearly Bude based (starts and finishes at Bridgerule), the other starts at Holsworthy and finishes at Tavistock. No doubt will become clear!

The 85 departs Holsworthy in both directions at 9.50 so its going to be quite a significant change to the 217 to connect with that.

Andyh82

Established Member
Fares are increasing from the 2nd July

The day ticket going from £5 to £7

The weekly ticket and 5 day bundles increasing from £20 to £25

The single fares stay at £2 until October of course

Can anyone remember how much a Kernow weekly ticket was pre TfC. I know the day ones were about £10?

83G/84D

Established Member
Upcoming changes to Transport for Cornwall services from September have been announced. The list include all operators so I have shown it as that.

Cornwall by Kernow

@by_Kernow

Some changes to Cornwall’s bus routes and timetables come into effect in September. Most changes are designed to improve reliability or are in response to passenger feedback. Read here for the full details on these upcoming changes > https://bit.ly/44spEmg

News and service updates
Cornwall Service Changes - From September 2023

Some changes to Cornwall’s bus routes and timetables come into effect in September. Most changes are designed to improve reliability or are in response to passenger feedback. Don’t forget the £2 single journey bus fare offer is still available until the end of October and there are great value fare deals to be had. See below for the full details on these upcoming changes:

RouteChangeOperated by
T1/T2 – The TinnerRevised timetable will be introduced during the daytime Mondays to Saturdays. Certain journeys will call at Hayle Community SchoolThese changes affect First Kernow Services, Go Cornwall Bus operated journeys will remain unchanged
U1/U1A – Coast to CoastThe service will remain split at Truro until the 1st October due to the ongoing roadworks on the A30. Also, from the 3rd September on schooldays the 0720 Falmouth to Newquay journey will be retimed to 0700 and operate via Richard Lander School. The 1420 Newquay departure will depart at 1415 on schooldays and will also call into Richard Lander school on its way to TruroFirst Kernow
U2 – Cornwall's CopperThe 0745 Falmouth to Cambourne journey will depart at 0730 on schooldays and run via Redruth School. The 1455 Barncoose Hospital journey will additionally call at Redruth School on schooldays and operate 15 minutes later from Redruth to Falmouth. The 1605 departure from Falmouth will depart at 1620 weekdaysFirst Kernow
U3No planned changesFirst Kernow
2/2ATBCStagecoach SW
5/5ANo planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
6/6ATBCStagecoach SW
8No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
9No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
10Renumbering of service 72. Revised timetable to provide an hourly headway between Plymouth and Trerulefoot with service 11.
An hourly headway will operate between Widegates and Polperro with service 73
Go Cornwall Bus
11A revised timetable will be introduced providing an hourly headway between Plymouth and Trerulefoot with service 10. A reduced two hourly service will operate between Trerulefoot and Bodmin Parkway Station. An hourly headway will operate between Liskeard and Trago Mill with service 77.
The 30-minute service is retained between Bodmin Parkway and Wadebridge with buses extended to Padstow hourly. Times have been adjusted across the day to provide better connections with rail services at Bodmin Parkway
Go Cornwall Bus
12Service retimed to provide 30-minute frequency between Plymouth and Saltash, (interwork with 10 & 11), the hourly service to Callington and 2 hourly to Bude will remain in place.
Most journeys to operate as 12, and St Dominic and Ashton are now served by 74
Go Cornwall Bus
12ALimited to 4 journeys per day, providing connection to Schools and CollegesGo Cornwall Bus
15No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
16/16ANo planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
17From 1st October a revised timetable will be introduced on Mondays to Saturdays. This service will now operate every 45 minutes between 0900 and 1500 Mondays to Fridays and daytime on Saturday, during the winter periodFirst Kernow
18 – Tin CoasterNo planned changesFirst Kernow
19No planned changesFirst Kernow
21Revised timetable and routing to enable service to connect with service 26 at St Austell and accommodate revised session times at Tretherras School. This will provide a cross St Austell service enabling improved access to local facilities. Whitemoor will no longer be served by ser 21 but will be linked to St Austell and Truro by service 22. Passengers wishing to travel between Whitmoor and Newquay will be able to change buses at St DennisGo Cornwall Bus
22Revised timetable and route within St Austell to operate from Trinity Street to ASDA and into St Austell Bus Station via Alexandra Road providing a requested link from the Clays villages to Asda. Departure from St Austell and Truro are 5 minutes earlierGo Cornwall Bus
23No planned changesTravel Cornwall
24Evening journeys operated by Go Cornwall Bus will follow the same route as the daytime First Kernow operated journeysFirst Kernow supported by Go Cornwall Bus
25Some minor timetable changes to improve the route reliability, Level of service remains as now. The Sunday service will be re-numbered 28 and be extended to the Eden ProjectGo Cornwall Bus
26Service retimed to work with service 21 on most journeys, providing cross St Austell links. Route remains unchangedGo Cornwall Bus
27First journey operated by Go Cornwall Bus from St Austell will start at St Austell Aldi and operate via Bethel Chapel, before St Austell Bus Station. The similar journey provided by First Kernow is withdrawn. All other journeys operated by GCB remain unchanged.

The First Kernow Journey at 0719 (Schooldays) 0729 (School Holidays) St Austell Aldi – Truro will now commence from Trinity Street at 0706 (Schooldays), 0716 (School Holidays)
First Kernow supported by Go Cornwall Bus.
28Introduction of Sunday service between St Austell and Eden ProjectTravel Cornwall. Sundays operated by Go Cornwall Bus
30No Planned ChangesGo Cornwall Bus
31No Planned changesTravel Cornwall
33No Planned changesOTS
34Pm timetable amended at accommodate changes of school times at Mullion School therefore the current journey departing Helston at 1440 will terminate at Mullion School on Schooldays.
The service is rerouted within Redruth to serve Falmouth Rd, A393 and Westey Rd before Redruth Station. Journeys will depart Barncoose slightly earlier than the current timetable and follow the reverse of the above leaving Redruth
Go Cornwall Bus
35/A/63No Planned changesOTS
36/ARevisions to school journeys AM and PM. The 36 journeys for Penair School will no longer divert via Devoran which will instead be served by service 36SGo Cornwall Bus
36SJourneys for Penair School will start/end at Gwennap Church instead of Redruth and now serve Devoran in place of the service 36. Journeys for Redruth School are unchangedGo Cornwall Bus
37First journey to commence at Seven Stars instead of Tesco at 0845 to meet local requestsGo Cornwall Bus
38The current journey from Porthleven to Helston meeting service 34 for Cornwall College is withdrawn with the link to Cornwall College instead provided by the service departing Helston at 0735 and running via Porthleven before Sithney.
Changes to the session times at Camborne S&I Academy result in the current 1455 journey from the school will depart at 1510 and terminate at Helston Seven Stars at 1544
Go Cornwall Bus
39/AChanges to the session times at Camborne S&I Academy result in the current 1435 39A from Camborne running 15 minutes later throughoutGo Cornwall Bus
40No significant change to timetable other than the 1750 from Redruth will terminate at Treliske HospitalGo Cornwall Bus
42No planned changesOTS
46No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
48/49No planned changes to service 48
Service 49 will no longer operate services to/from Camborne S&I Academy from Black Rock. These journeys will now operate as 49S. This will provide additional capacity at school times and standardise the timetable for most journeys throughout the day
Go Cornwall Bus
50/51No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
56No significant changes to Monday to Friday other than to accommodate revised session times at Tretherras. School, but Saturdays will revert to off peak summer timetable with journeys running through to/from Padstow every 2 hours with links to Newquay Airport retained hourlyGo Cornwall Bus
58No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
59/ANo planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
60No planned changesOTS
63/64/65No planned changesOTS
66/466No planned changesOTS
67No planned changesOTS
69/ANo planned changesOTS
70/A/BService renumbered so main service is 70
Additional PM journey added from Torpoint CC to Millbrook.
Revised departure times from Plymouth between 1600 and 1825 to reduce the 1h 25 minute gap in timetable.
Sunday service reduced to 2 hourly for winter period with the withdrawal of short journeys between HMS Raleigh and Plymouth
Go Cornwall Bus
71Timetable adjusted during peak periods to improve reliability, with significant running time addedGo Cornwall Bus
72Service renumbered 10 and timetable adjusted to provide 30 minute headway between Plymouth and Saltash with services 11 and 12 and hourly to Trerulefoot with service 11Go Cornwall Bus
72AThis service between Plymouth & Saltash will be withdrawn.Go Cornwall Bus
73/AA completely revised timetable to provide improved links across Liskeard will be introduced.
Service will operate 2 hourly on the 73 and 2 hourly on the 73A. This will maintain an hourly service between Duloe, Sandplace and Liskeard, via the Railway Station and the 73 will provide an hourly service between Looe and Polperro when combined with the 2 hourly service 10.
73A will continue to operate through to Polperro but will not serve Widegates running direct between Sandplace and Looe
Go Cornwall Bus
74Core 2 hourly service between Liskeard and Callington retained but retimed to connect with service 73 in Liskeard. This will provide a link from the Railway Station to places beyond Liskeard.
Current journey which terminates at St Cleer have been extended to Pensilva, providing an hourly service between Liskeard, St Cleer and Pensilva.
In Callington the service will continue to Tesco, St Dominick and Ashton. This enables most journeys on service 12 to now operate a more direct route.
Additional journeys have been added later into the evening
Go Cornwall Bus
75Minor timetable change – the 1745 from Torpoint will terminate at Widegates at 1835Go Cornwall Bus
75AThese two school journeys are now part of service 11 timetableGo Cornwall Bus
77Timetable revised to provide an hourly headway between Liskeard to Trago Mills when combined with service 11Go Cornwall Bus
78/ANo planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
79/ANo planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
84No Planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
85No significant changes other than providing additional journeys to serve Richard Lander School and retiming the 0700 from Truro accommodate session time changes at Tretherras School.
Sunday service to continue as current timetable
Go Cornwall Bus
85No planned changesStagecoach SW
88No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
89Section of route between Bodmin and St Columb Major removed due to very low use. New service 90 to operate two hourly from Wadebridge to Truro via St Columb Major improving connectivity from North Cornwall to Truro from services 11, 95 and 96Go Cornwall Bus
90New service 90 to operate two hourly between Wadebridge and TruroGo Cornwall Bus
91No planned changesFirst Kernow on Monday to Saturday and Go Cornwall Bus on Sundays
92Service replaces the section of route between Wadebridge and Newquay currently on service 95. The service operates 2 hourly to provide an hourly headway between Wadebridge and St Columb Major with service 90. An hourly service us maintained between Newquay and St Columb Major and when combined with services 21 and 91, 3 buses per hour between St Columb Minor and NewquayGo Cornwall Bus
93/94No significant changes to these servicesGo Cornwall Bus
95Revised timetable to provide better connections in Wadebridge to service to Truro and Newquay
Winter timetable to be introduced from late October.
Go Cornwall Bus
96The 06.50 from Bodmin to Camelford is withdrawn and from Camelford to Wadebridge is retimed. The 09.15 from Wadebridge is retimed 20 minutes later at 09.35Go Cornwall Bus
96A/B/SNo planed changesGo Cornwall Bus
97/SRevised timetable between school times to reduce number of journeys currently offered in line with passenger demand.

Go Cornwall Bus
128/129/218/ 219Journeys on 129 which continue to Stratton Hospital and Kilkhampton will be renumbered 219 throughout to prevent customer confusion.
Timetable to show 219 operating via Valley Road. The first journey from Poughill to Hartland will operate 5 minutes earlier to improve connections at Hartland with services to Bideford.
Go Cornwall Bus
220No Planned ChangesGo Cornwall Bus
223No Planned ChangesGo Cornwall Bus
304No Planned ChangesHopley’s coaches
306Removal of journey at 1530 between Launceston and Callywith (operates as 176)Go Cornwall Bus
315No planned changesHopley’s coaches
319Amendments to improve reliability, additional journeys will also be added and an improved connection on the last journey with the 219 at Hartland.Stagecoach SW
371No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
372No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
373No planned changesGo Cornwall Bus
405No planned changesTravel Cornwall
423No planned changesTravel Cornwall
425No planned changesTravel Cornwall
426Retime 15.25 from Launceston College between Menheniot Crescent and Langdon Cross to prevent bus waiting time. No other changesGo Cornwall Bus
450-455Following customer feedback some services will be revised including provision of journeys from Menheniot to Liskeard on a second day of the week and revision of the current Quethiock journeys to serve Liskeard instead of Saltash.Operated by Saltash Red Bus
481/482No planned changesTravel Cornwall
484/485/493/494/495/496
Truro City Services
No planned changesTravel Cornwall
Lands' End CoasterFrom 1st Oct this service will only operate between Penzance and Lands End for the Winter Period.First Kernow
Sunseeker, Atlantic Coaster and Falmouth CoasterFrom the 1st October these services will not operate for the winter periodFirst Kernow
G1/2/3No planned changesGorran Bus
Changes to U1/U1A Service From the 24th July

From 24th July, due to the ongoing roadworks on the A30 we have taken the difficult decision to split the U1/U1A service at Truro.

The reason we are doing this is to maintain the reliability of these services, while we have additional summer traffic and the ongoing roadworks on the A30, we have agreed a timetable with Cornwall council that will have a minimal impact for most customers.

The services will be split Monday to Saturday daytime when we are experiencing most delays. At quieter times buses will continue to operate through as they do now.

Departures from Falmouth, Truro and Newquay remain at the same published times in the current timetable books, but daytime services running between Truro & Newquay in both directions will arrive at the next stop after crossing the works at Chiverton up to 10 minutes later than is currently advertised.

We will endeavour to allow connections from services from Falmouth to Truro to allow passengers to get to the hospital as an example on the departing U1/U1A, but through fares will be available to any available service to allow the customer journey to continue.

Services arriving from Newquay passengers will need to change for the next departure towards Falmouth.

News and service updates | First Bus

richw

Veteran Member
I note the 11 and 72 (renumbered to 10) both moving to 2 hourly. Always seems busy on both routes . And a significant cut in overall services between Saltash and Plymouth leaving the majority of the market to stagecoach.

LAIRA

I note the 11 and 72 (renumbered to 10) both moving to 2 hourly. Always seems busy on both routes . And a significant cut in overall services between Saltash and Plymouth leaving the majority of the market to stagecoach.
Go Cornwall going from 3 buses an hour to two. Now all we need is Stagecoach to run every 15 minutes instead of two buses every half a hour.